Federal Election Polls

I still find that Ford rally at the last minute to be an unbelievable move. I can see where it might have helped the Etobicoke candidate but what about those folks in the East and the West. They also had to live through the Ford embarrassment on American talk shows.

Somebody in the war room made a very, very big mistake.

Hail Mary.

If it had worked, I'd have to move to Scandinavia.

He's hedging his bets. Both 308 and The Signal are giving the Liberals 140 seats, and frankly I'm suspecting they may get a few more.

I think the Globe sees around 150...I think that's closer if it doesn't surge like I'm predicting is possible.

I mentioned previously a possible "social desirability bias" against the Conservatives in the polling when confronted with a face-to-face interviewer, rather than online or automated calls. Too Close to Call wrote in their projection that "Ekos for instance note that the Conservatives are lower in phone polls with live interviewers (aka a human person) versus automated phone calls." I think people should prepare themselves for a stronger finish from the Conservatives than the final polling looks. A win for them is still possible, but a Liberal minority government is the most likely outcome, imho.

I mentioned previously a possible "social desirability bias" against the Conservatives in the polling when confronted with a face-to-face interviewer, rather than online or automated calls. Too Close to Call wrote in their projection that "Ekos for instance note that the Conservatives are lower in phone polls with live interviewers (aka a human person) versus automated phone calls." I think people should prepare themselves for a stronger finish from the Conservatives than the final polling looks. A win for them is still possible, but a Liberal minority government is the most likely outcome, imho.

I am all for a small minority for the CPC... it would make the ousting of Harper WAY more interesting when the NDP and LIB have to work together to form a government. Although a small LIB minority is fine too.

Eric Grenier, nothing like hedging your bets... "maybe this... maybe that."

Eric Grenier, nothing like hedging your bets... "maybe this... maybe that."

It's the best call given the numbers. There's no blowout here. It's likely a Liberal minority, possibly but unlikely a majority and possibly but unlikely a Conservative minority.

Edited by cybercoma

It's the best call given the numbers. There's no blowout here. It's likely a Liberal minority, possibly but unlikely a majority and possibly but unlikely a Conservative minority.

For some reason Im expecting a suprise... After the election we had out here in BC a few years back I have a hard time trusting all the polling.

Yup. not over yet.

Let's not forget as well that GB thought the Tories were out too.

In that election, the polls had the parties neck and neck. On average, we have about 7% separating the parties here. and all of the major polls agree on the leader. It isn't that election. The Liberals are going to win and possibly run away with this in a way that the polls aren't reporting. No one ever shows up like that to see a politician. They have for Trudeau. He has changed a lot of minds. People find him to be a better leader than Harper. That was really the one thing that Harper had.