Republicans do what we say not what we do

After campaigning on posting all bills on line for 72 hours before a vote Republicans call a vote after 48. I guess it is only bills they don't like that they will keep promises on.

So I seem to remember a member of this forum telling me all about the 72 hour promise. Hope he comes here be just as critical these liars. Personally I didn't care but Republicans clearly did at the time of the health care bill.

Exactly. It's not as though the bill was 1500+ pages. And I'd say two full days is more than enough time. As oppose to the previous congress and the current President, giving no time at all.

Hell, they didn't even pass a budget. The first time in like 30 years that's ever happened. :rolleyes:

Exactly. It's not as though the bill was 1500+ pages. And I'd say two full days is more than enough time. As oppose to the previous congress and the current President, giving no time at all.

Hell, they didn't even pass a budget. The first time in like 30 years that's ever happened. :rolleyes:

Yah you are right they made a promise for ALL BILLS AND BROKE IT because it was a bill they liked. The promise was "ALL BILLS 72 HOURS Transparency" NOT "Some bills if we want but we can change our minds".

Face it they are a bunch of liars.

Really then why did the rules committee vote down Rep. McGovern amendment to add Fox to the Bill Shady? If they get no funding doesn't it strike you as odd the Republicans would vote this down. You got your head in the sand.

Oh punked, you're falling for the propaganda again. Fox News gets zero funding from the government. As does CNN and MSNBC. However, the government sometimes buys advertising time on each of these news channels. As well as on network television. What this idiot Democrat tried to do, was ban Fox News from government ad buys. That's completely different from funding. Stop being so obtuse and disingenuous.

Oh punked, you're falling for the propaganda again. Fox News gets zero funding from the government. As does CNN and MSNBC. However, the government sometimes buys advertising time on each of these news channels. As well as on network television. What this idiot Democrat tried to do, was ban Fox News from government ad buys. That's completely different from funding. Stop being so obtuse and disingenuous.

Nope they get no direct funding but NPR doesn't get direct funding either Shady check into it. They do however get indirect federal funding, one might say that about Fox news as well. I have seen many commercials about recruiting for the Army on Fox news.

Don't be obtuse.

It's kind of funny that PBS was saying how little funding they got from tax dollars after this all came up after the Williams firing. Hardly worth mentioning, really, something like 5 percent. So now that the plug could really be pulled PBS is giving these dire warnings on how Sesame Street will be canceled, and they list off several of their most successful programs(didn't know they had any, I guess you learn something new...)

If their revenue stream is hit they are not going to be canceling their jewel programs, they are just scare mongering their supporters hoping they will somehow undo the damage that PBS did when they fired Williams and called all tea baggers racist bigoted religious fanatics. Sometimes justice is so sweet.

It's kind of funny that PBS was saying how little funding they got from tax dollars after this all came up after the Williams firing. Hardly worth mentioning, really, something like 5 percent. So now that the plug could really be pulled PBS is giving these dire warnings on how Sesame Street will be canceled, and they list off several of their most successful programs(didn't know they had any, I guess you learn something new...)

If their revenue stream is hit they are not going to be canceling their jewel programs, they are just scare mongering their supporters hoping they will somehow undo the damage that PBS did when they fired Williams and called all tea baggers racist bigoted religious fanatics. Sometimes justice is so sweet.

Teabaggers are, by and large, simpletons. PBS is for thinking people and that probably excludes you.

Yah you are right they made a promise for ALL BILLS AND BROKE IT because it was a bill they liked. The promise was "ALL BILLS 72 HOURS Transparency" NOT "Some bills if we want but we can change our minds".

Face it they are a bunch of liars.

Yes, they are big liars. I don't think there was anyone that wanted to twiddle their thumbs for another 24 hours.

Now it's time to find out what's in the bill. :P