Name the bridge

The new bridge that is going up between Windsor and Detroit needs a name and so far, Gordie Howe's son and the Trucking Association like the Gordie Howe Bridge but its not a done deal as yet. What's your idea? http://ca.news.yahoo.com/mr-hockeys-family-likes-idea-naming-international-bridge-20110206-071212-336.html

Other than dumping our garbage in Detroit, I can't think of a single reason to have a bridge connecting us. Detroit is one of the ugliest cities in North America, so few Canadians would want to visit, and we sure as hell don't need all the criminal element coming up to Windsor to get drunk when they're nineteen.

Hopefully, this will be called the Unfinished bridge.

Other than dumping our garbage in Detroit, I can't think of a single reason to have a bridge connecting us. Detroit is one of the ugliest cities in North America, so few Canadians would want to visit, and we sure as hell don't need all the criminal element coming up to Windsor to get drunk when they're nineteen.

I was glib in my post, but man, you are right out to lunch on this.

That border crossing is the busiest in the world and co's need it to be fast and efficient. bc is right, we need auto parts to go back and forth w/o delay, any compromise to that will hurt us both.

Yea Detroit is a stinker, but was at one time an amazing city. Want a real big house cheap, like 5000sf? You canm have it for little as $1000 in Detroit. If it recovers, or rather when it does, it will be great. Greektown et al were destination spots.

As for Windsor, yes they do want young people coming and getting drunk, Windsor needs the cash and the 'ballets' there need to influx of Yanks and cash too.

Guest American Woman

People don't always stop at Detroit or Windsor; the bridge doesn't exist for the sole purpose of visiting Detroit and Windsor. Just thought you might want to know. ;)

People don't always stop at Detroit or Windsor; the bridge doesn't exist for the sole purpose of visiting Detroit and Windsor. Just thought you might want to know. ;)

Yea, some go to Flint. Not sure why, other than for tourneys and discount outlets....but hey, they go!

(please tell me you dont live in Flint)

Guest American Woman

Yea, some go to Flint. Not sure why, other than for tourneys and discount outlets....but hey, they go!

(please tell me you dont live in Flint)

I do live in Flint, and you really hurt my feelings.

(Just kidding! I live in God's Country.)

Correction, TO doesn't dump garbage there anymore, it goes mostly to the London area and some to the Chatham-kent area. AS far as the bridge itself, that's the bridge that the Tories are (the taxpayers) paying for and collecting back the tolls on the US side to get our money back.

Guest American Woman

Correction, TO doesn't dump garbage there anymore, it goes mostly to the London area and some to the Chatham-kent area. AS far as the bridge itself, that's the bridge that the Tories are (the taxpayers) paying for and collecting back the tolls on the US side to get our money back.

Like the U.S. paid for Canada last time around.

The best name for a bridge between Canada and the United States has been taken already: Peace Bridge.

I traveled on it roughly 300 times when I lived in Hamilton (Ontario) and worked in Akron (Ohio) from 1997 to 2003 and commuted on the weekly basis.

I found the guards on either side totally professional, polite and courteous. In my mind PEACE has never been defined any better.

I also crossed into the U.S. over the Ambassador Bridge several times. If a new bridge needs a name, call it FRIENDSHIP BRIDGE, which would be similar to Peace Bridge, and - hopefully - an expression of the relationship which has long existed and, hopefully, continue to exist between our two countries.

The best name for a bridge between Canada and the United States has been taken already: Peace Bridge.

I traveled on it roughly 300 times when I lived in Hamilton (Ontario) and worked in Akron (Ohio) from 1997 to 2003 and commuted on the weekly basis.

I found the guards on either side totally professional, polite and courteous. In my mind PEACE has never been defined any better.

I also crossed into the U.S. over the Ambassador Bridge several times. If a new bridge needs a name, call it FRIENDSHIP BRIDGE, which would be similar to Peace Bridge, and - hopefully - an expression of the relationship which has long existed and, hopefully, continue to exist between our two countries.

Have you travelled on the bridge to no where in Alaska?

I understand Sarah Palin can see Russia from her home. Ted Stevens was great at bringing the pork to Alaska until he was nailed on corruption charges.

Maybe one of these days people like you will learn that Sarah Palin NEVER said that. What she said was that one can see Russia from Alaska, which is true. But some idiots fall for the crap that Tina Fey spewed. And Ted Stevens was THE senator whose pork Sarah Palin opposed.

A little bit more research and a little bit less hate would improve your misguided view of the world.

Maybe one of these days people like you will learn that Sarah Palin NEVER said that. What she said was that one can see Russia from Alaska, which is true. But some idiots fall for the crap that Tina Fey spewed. And Ted Stevens was THE senator whose pork Sarah Palin opposed.

A little bit more research and a little bit less hate would improve your misguided view of the world.

My my aren't we sensitive. Sarah Palin is a vacuous flake and as phoney as a two dollar bill.

Tina Fey does a great job in her impersonation of Palin.

Edited by pinko