Creation

betsy

I assume you mean to say you don't think evolution proves Genesis to be untrue. If that's the case, I wonder how that can be; Genesis claims God made all the animals, including humans

While you believe The Itself did it.

What's the difference?

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The story as written is an allegory...

Well, that is one not totally irrational way to look at it. However, so long as betsy wants to argue that science has proved the Bible to be true, thus affirming the existence of God and the notion he created all existence, she can't take the bible in any way other than literally; science can't affirm the veracity of an allegorical story that's open to subjective interpretation.

[+]

Edited by g_bambino

Well, that is one not totally irrational way to look at it. However, so long as betsy wants to argue that science has proved the Bible to be true, thus affirming the existence of God and the notion he created all existence, she can't take the bible in any way other than literally; science can't affirm the veracity of an allegorical story that's open to subjective interpretation.

[+]

Her problem, not mine.

Well, that is one not totally irrational way to look at it. However, so long as betsy wants to argue that science has proved the Bible to be true

It's not about Bible. It's about Creation vs. Evolution.

It's not about Bible. It's about Creation vs. Evolution.

Creation (as in how the universe and life started) and evolution (as in how life has changed from tits creation to now) are not mutually exclusive. And IE is about the Bible - or more exactly, iIE is a pseudo-science orginating in the belief that the Bible is to be taken literally.

Creation (as in how the universe and life started) and evolution (as in how life has changed from tits creation to now) are not mutually exclusive. And IE is about the Bible - or more exactly, iIE is a pseudo-science orginating in the belief that the Bible is to be taken literally.

I like that "tits creation" :)

[+]

Don't expect Saipan to be realistic. If you do you will be disappointed.

On the contrary, Muslims consider the Koran to be the Word of God, dictated word by word to Mohammed.

Corrections. Consider it to be the alleged "word of God," as dictated by an angel who claim to be "Gabriel." I say "claim to be..." because really, how many angels are there?

Are we sure it's not one of the fallen "angels?"

The Quran (English pronunciation: /kɒˈrɑːn/ kor-ahn; Arabic: القرآن‎ al-qurʾān, IPA: [qurˈʔaːn],[variations] literally meaning "a recitation"), also transliterated Qur'an, Koran, Qur’ān, Coran, Kuran, and al-Qur’ān, is the central religious text of Islam, which Muslims consider the verbatim word of God[1] (Arabic: الله‎, Allah) and the Final Testament, following the Old and New Testaments.[2][3]

Muslims believe the Quran to be verbally revealed through angel Jibrīl (Gabriel) from God to Muhammad gradually over a period of approximately twenty-three years beginning in 610 CE, when Muhammad was forty, and concluding in 632 CE, the year of his death.[1][12][13] Muslims further believe that the Qur'an was precisely memorized, recited and exactly written down by Muhammad's companions (Sahaba) after each revelation was dictated by him.[citation needed]

Who do Muslims think Allah is? The same God worshipped by Abraham and the Jews. The same God worshipped by Christians.

See that's the thing Betsy, if ID is valid, it wouldn't presume that the creator is jehovah....why can't ID allow other another god, or gods?

Now don't get me wrong, I reject ID as unscientific and merely creationism in disguise.

I reject creationism as superstitious nonsense that should be relegated to the camp fire along with ghost stories and meetings of other like minded spirit believers

Betsy:

Aside from the religious faith behind some ID scientists, why does the Christian God fit the role of the Intelligent Designer? You ask, why not other gods?

Perhaps it has something to do with the BIBLE?

Let me add something to this, MDancer. Yesss! It has something to do with the Bible!

FACT: MODERN WESTERN SCIENCE WAS FOUNDED UPON JUDEO-CHRISTIAN PRESUPPOSITIONAL FOUNDATIONS FROM THE BIBLE.

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums//index.php?showtopic=18914&st=915

You can reject all you want. You can deny all you want.

You can run, but you can't get away from the...Bible. :D:D:D

Edited by betsy

While we're at it, the Ku Klux Klan, the Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda, the Iron Guard in Romania, the Manmasi National Christian Army in Assam, the National Liberation Front of Tripura, the conflict in Northern Ireland, the Army of God in the US, the Lambs of Christ in the US, the Concerned Christians (who were deported from Israel), Hutaree, The Covenant The Sword and The Arm of the Lord, Defensive Action, and The Freemen Community, were all founded on Judeo-Christian Presuppositions from The Bible. I don't see you taking credit for them.

You can run, but you can't get away from the...Bible. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Of course one can; simply go to other parts of the world and/or to a time before it existed: The foundations of our current collection of scientific knowledge lie in Ancient Greece, Mesopotamia, and China, where research and experiments were being conducted and theory debated long before the concept of Christianity existed. Surely you didn't think Euclid, Pythagoras, Hipparchus, the Duke of Zhou, Shi Shen, and Gan De were Christian!

[+]

Edited by g_bambino

Like the Bible, the alleged "word of God" as dictated by a bunch of earthly men and stolen from the Jews by the Christians.

Stolen from the Jews by Christians??? :lol:

What an ignorant thing to say!

You're my evidence #B. Proving what I've said before, that, most so-called "critics" of the Bible don't know diddly squat about the Bible.

Either they're just winging it. Or repeating the same mush that they read from those who are winging it.

And you belong to the latter group. Under classification D.

"The parrots who can't get it right, even when they're only repeating it." :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by betsy

They had it first. :unsure:

And?

Haven't you heard of the word, sharing? :rolleyes:

Anyway, kidding aside....why do you think God gave the Jews a very strict Mosaic Law?

What do you think God's been prepping them for? What do you think was their "mission?"

I bet you don't know. :)

Edited by betsy