The crisis in Egypt

GostHacked

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The disintegration of the American empire is a sad thing to watch especially with the myopic view of this fellow named Bush-Cheney. Is he a typical yank?

ABSOLUTELY! (with a FEW good ones mixed in)

USA ubber alles you know... ;)

Miss Saskatchewan to the rescue!!!!

:lol:

I was'nt aware I live in a Fascist dictatorship propped up by the US State Department...

He's a piece of work,ai'nt he?

:lol: Spent 6 years on the Hannity forums '00 - '06 as a Canadian LIBERAL - he's a pussy cat...

Guest American Woman

Point of order...

Not everything that US does is beneficial to Canada nor anyone else... THOSE ARE the things we point fingers at...

So if you/others benefit, then no fingers are pointed. What we do is a-ok as long as you benefit too. That's sooo much better. :rolleyes:

:lol: Spent 6 years on the Hannity forums '00 - '06 as a Canadian LIBERAL - he's a pussy cat...

I know all about virulent right wing Americans...

And he's nothing...

He's simply an A-Hole who's in love with his misguided and dying nationalism/patriotism...

That's the main reason I put him in ignore...Kinda like an annoying gnat offering absolutely nothing important,other than his own self-importance...

So if you/others benefit, then no fingers are pointed. What we do is a-ok as long as you benefit too. That's sooo much better. :rolleyes:

Ask the folks in Central and South America,the Carribean,the Middle East,Subsaharan Africa,and,IndoChina if they've 'benefitted" from the US State Deptments foreign policy as it relates to democratic movements??

Do ya' really want to go there?

I know all about virulent right wing Americans...

And he's nothing...

He's simply an A-Hole who's in love with his misguided and dying nationalism/patriotism...

That's the main reason I put him in ignore...Kinda like an annoying gnat offering absolutely nothing important,other than his own self-importance...

:lol: Ignor? Never! his kind are the best kind to have some FUN with... No holds barred and all that... :ph34r: He's been duely warned (have to find that post and repost it)...

The disintegration of the American empire is a sad thing to watch especially with the myopic view of this fellow named Bush-Cheney. Is he a typical yank?

No...he is but one "yank"....but their are over 300,000,000 others.

Why is it sad to see the "disintegration" of the American "empire"? Is it because you have your economic lips firmly attached to America's ass?

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Hogwash...

The US State Dept. has always had a choice.Historically,they have talked up democracy,but sided with Fascists all over the world.Mostly because Fascists are control freaks who:

1.Hate Communists

2.Can be easily controlled with money,guns,and,a free reign to kill any and all oppposition INCLUDING democrats.

This does'nt just relate to Egypt,or the Middle East...This has been a global effort by the State Dept. through its many fronts.One need only look at Central,South America,and,the Carribean to see this.I could go into the follies of SubSaharan Africa or the Middle East,as well..

The reason is that democracies are inherently less controllable than top down dictatorships.The problem with that type of policy is that,while expedient,it has a limited future and the blowback is quite severe.See Iran,Venezuela,the attempts to prop up Chiang Kai Shek,General Suharto etc....And now,Egypt...

For the sake of focus, let's just try to stay focused on the Middle East. I'm not very familiar, and not particularly interested, in American involvement in the regions you speak of.

I also reject your assertion that democracies are less stable than dictatorships. It's too simplistic, and it depends on context. The most stable countries around are democracies. That isn't to say they're the most stable countries simply by virtue of their democratic systems, though.

EDIT - I misread your post. It turns out you're saying something pretty preposterous, and I initially overlooked it. You're actually suggesting that America has always had a clear moral choice to make, without any challenging choices to make between balancing the national interest and broad questions of justice and morality. It's such a ridiculous assertion that I don't want to waste much time replying to it.

I will say this, however, you've got quite a bit to learn if you can't recognize that America is often in a difficult position where it must balance imperative national interests with ideological and moral considerations. You think America can make the choice to starve itself of Middle Eastern oil in order to take a principled stand against Arab and/or Muslim dictatorships?

Edited by Bob

....And finally: it appears that nearly every subject US hands have touched of late has turned to s.. let's say, that proverbial stone. Be it Middle East peace, democracy by bayonet, economy, internal politics...I'm far from profecizing, but I would be concerned about the trend.

Not me...at least the Americans are still out there slugging away. Some Canadians just want to go home and watch it on American television.

Guest American Woman

Ask the folks in Central and South America,the Carribean,the Middle East,Subsaharan Africa,and,IndoChina if they've 'benefitted" from the US State Deptments foreign policy as it relates to democratic movements??

Do ya' really want to go there?

I'm not talking about them. I'm talking about Canada and its relationship with the U.S. You think you haven't benefited from our actions? Of course you have, which is why so many say if the U.S.'s economy goes down it will have a great affect Canada/the world. Canada being a close ally/huge trading partner with the U.S. has benefited from our economic status. Willingly. Happily. As y'all criticize the actions that got us where we are.

Furthermore, Canada has sold us what we need to do what we have done; Canada has been behind us in Iraq, albeit silently so you can carry on about how much better you are, and that's for Canada's benefit -- as we are criticized by the Canadians who are more than happy with their lifestyles as they benefit from that alliance.

So many posters here seem to think they know so much about everything, but all of their so-called knowledge boils down to "blame the U.S. for anything/everything bad." There's not even any discussion, really. It's all about the big, bad USA and how it's all our fault. And as I said, nothing good is ever acknowledged. It's all bad.

I seriously can't wait for the day when some other nation is the 'cause' of everything bad. I can't wait until another nation is the butt of everyone's criticism. And it will happen, because heaven forbid people take a good long look in the mirror and actually see their compliance/part in it all. So much easier and more pleasant to believe oneself/one's nation holier-than-thou.

But fyi, I have traveled in Central America, Sub-Saharan Africa, and Indochina (and will soon be heading to South America), and here's the thing: people in those nations generally like Americans. A lot. More than others, in many instances. They point out all the good America/Americans have done. When I criticize my nation, they talk to me about all the good things. They don't blame all the world's ills on us and they appreciate the good that we do/have done.

But do keep at it. I realize a lot of people just can't cope without blaming someone else for everything. It's an easy, good-feeling 'fix,' and makes one feel smug/superior/smart to 'know' the 'cause' of everything.

Nope....I'm having fun with the Canadians who don't want to face the reality of their own complicity is such events.

It's depressing for me to see how in-the-clouds many Canadians are. Oftentimes I think these Canadian criticisms of Israel are connected to our ambiguously defined identity (we've talked about this before), combined with an element of inferiority complex. I wish more Canadians were more aware and level-headed about these issues and didn't join the pathetic and infantile knee-jerk animosity of America that's common in Europe. This is also connected to a warped affinity that many Canadians hold for Europe, which is entirely founded on false illusions of what Europe is all about.

Funny for you, depressing for me.

Edited by Bob

.....But fyi, I have traveled in Central America, Sub-Saharan Africa, and Indochina (and will soon be heading to South America), and here's the thing: people in those nations generally like Americans. A lot. More than others, in many instances. They point out all the good America/Americans have done. When I criticize my nation, they talk to me about all the good things. They don't blame all the world's ills on us and they appreciate the good that we do/have done.

True be this...just count the emigres over the past 100 years...guess where they want to go more than anyplace else, and that includes Canadians. Numbers don't lie....312,000,000 vs 35,000,000. (They hate that!) ;)

Some of the immigrants become uber nationals, very proud to be American.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

I'm not talking about them. I'm talking about Canada and its relationship with the U.S. You think you haven't benefited from our actions? Of course you have, which is why so many say if the U.S.'s economy goes down it will have a great affect Canada/the world. Canada being a close ally/huge trading partner with the U.S. has benefited from our economic status. Willingly. Happily. As y'all criticize the actions that got us where we are.

Furthermore, Canada has sold us what we need to do what we have done; Canada has been behind us in Iraq, albeit silently so you can carry on about how much better you are, and that's for Canada's benefit -- as we are criticized by the Canadians who are more than happy with their lifestyles as they benefit from that alliance.

So many posters here seem to think they know so much about everything, but all of their so-called knowledge boils down to "blame the U.S. for anything/everything bad." There's not even any discussion, really. It's all about the big, bad USA and how it's all our fault. And as I said, nothing good is ever acknowledged. It's all bad.

I seriously can't wait for the day when some other nation is the 'cause' of everything bad. I can't wait until another nation is the butt of everyone's criticism. And it will happen, because heaven forbid people take a good long look in the mirror and actually see their compliance/part in it all. So much easier and more pleasant to believe oneself/one's nation holier-than-thou.

But fyi, I have traveled in Central America, Sub-Saharan Africa, and Indochina (and will soon be heading to South America), and here's the thing: people in those nations generally like Americans. A lot. More than others, in many instances. They point out all the good America/Americans have done. When I criticize my nation, they talk to me about all the good things. They don't blame all the world's ills on us and they appreciate the good that we do/have done.

But do keep at it. I realize a lot of people just can't cope without blaming someone else for everything. It's an easy, good-feeling 'fix,' and makes one feel smug/superior/smart to 'know' the 'cause' of everything.

Exactly, the simplistic "blame the USA" attitude usually tells us more about the critic than about the USA. That's not to say there aren't legitimate criticisms to be made of the USA with respect to foreign policy, but we all know the stupid rhetoric when we see it - and we're seeing it in this thread. There's a difference between legitimate and thoughtful criticisms of American foreign policy and blaming the ills of the Middle East on America.

It's depressing for me to see how in-the-clouds many Canadians are. Oftentimes I think these Canadian criticisms of Israel are connected to our ambiguously defined identity (we've talked about this before), combined with an element of inferiority complex. I wish more Canadians were more aware and level-headed about these issues and didn't join the pathetic and infantile knee-jerk animosity of America that's common in Europe. This is also connected to a warped affinity that many Canadians hold for Europe, which is entirely founded on false illusions of what Europe is all about.

Alas, this is by design going back at least as far as Trudeau. Canada's government pursues an agenda consistent with nation state interests while hiding behind a thin veneer of deniability for the general population. Whether it be uranium for nuclear weapons, napalm for Vietnam, or DU for Iraq. Some, not all, Canadians want to believe they live in a never never land of do gooders and "peacekeeping", never having to face the harsh realities of their nation's own actions and interests. They are self insolated from the "dark side" of the Mapleleaf, while the Americans take all the heat and blame for "tricking" them.

Funny for you, depressing for me.

Yours is a healthy, realistic perspective.....the others need fairy tales to cope.

Oooo, a SHOT! Goody, goody... By an American and a female at that (even better)... Please take note so we can proceed in our "discussion"...

"I ain't gonna spare anyone here nutin... I may be a "newbie" HERE but I ain't new to some "exchanges" with you yanks (speaking of that I LIKE yanking chains) having been "seasoned" on the Hannity Forum for some 6 years ('00 - '06, the Bush years pre and post 9/11 and two wars), that's a LIBERAL Canuck "battling" American Right Wing extremists on Hannity, and WINNING every battle... So my yank friend have at me by all means... Just never say I didn't warn you (just as a blackbelt Karate Master must warn his "foes" I must warn all here about my abilities and my one finger that conveys the message)... :ph34r:

With all due respect my friend, please remember you've been warned, AND, that you "fired" the first shot and that I will be held blameless... ;)

I believe that answers your comment?

No no... hes not a typical yank at all. Hes as much of a sideshow freak in America as he is here. I assure you that youre typical American doesnt have an obsession with Canada that causes them to spend thousands of hours at a time trolling Canadian discussion forums.

Americans find him every bit as strange as we do.

No no... hes not a typical yank at all. Hes as much of a sideshow freak in America as he is here. I assure you that youre typical American doesnt have an obsession with Canada that causes them to spend thousands of hours at a time trolling Canadian discussion forums.

Sadly, you are but a very typical Canadian. Boring.....

Americans find him every bit as strange as we do.

You can ask them the next time you are in my country to make a living.

Please go fuck yourself.

The poster you're responding to is not my favorite but there's no place for that on this board.

Do yourself a favour and put this boor on ignore.I would'nt normally put anyone on that list,however this "person" has almost nothing to offer anyone here other than to act like the asshole he/she aims on being.

I did,and this place is better for it,at least from my perspective...

He blocks private conversations to himself so he doesn't have to receive this helpful advice.

Edited by jbg

Guest American Woman

Exactly, the simplistic "blame the USA" attitude usually tells us more about the critic than about the USA. That's not to say there aren't legitimate criticisms to be made of the USA with respect to foreign policy, but we all know the stupid rhetoric when we see it - and we're seeing it in this thread. There's a difference between legitimate and thoughtful criticisms of American foreign policy and blaming the ills of the Middle East on America.

There are definitely legitimate criticisms to be made of the US, I'll be the first to admit that, but there are also legitimate criticisms to be made of other countries, holier-than-thou countries, along with the United States -- and that's my point.