Need for National Myths, Canada v. U.S.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still waiting for the name of the one war that the US won on their own.

World War I, World War II - the latter twice if you count the trouncing of Japan in the East as separate.

Oh but wait, "the allies" ... Riiiiiight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_United_States_military_operations

Have a read.

Actually the ultimate goal was to have you realize that you haven't really ever won a war on your own, Mr Chicken Hawk.

Really ever? You don't sound very sure about this. But I know it is important to you regardless of the historical record.

America was born in war....expanded in war....and dominates with war, and there is nothing you can do about it, Mr. Wannabe.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Quite to the contrary, the "human race" has advanced rapidly expressly because of tribalism and competition. May it never end.

Amen. Well, if we encounter alien civilizations which we can compete against then I suppose tribalism among humans will have served out its usefulness.

Actually the ultimate goal was to have you realize that you haven't really ever won a war on your own, Mr Chicken Hawk.

Maybe it's because allies are attracted to a likely winning side? Or our joining made the difference?

Guest American Woman
...with thermonuclear weapons. Any questions?

Too scared to use it.

So it's wrong to use such weapons, but since we don't, it's because we're too scared to use it? :unsure:

Almost impossible? Now that's a strong commitment, eh?

No that is reality. The US launching a nuke would be the perfect justification for Iran or North Korea to throw a couple your way. Then again it could be Pakistan now that the government seems to be falling apart, or could it be Russia that would throw a few your way ... I know China would want to get it's digs in as well.

No that is reality. The US launching a nuke would be the perfect justification for Iran or North Korea to throw a couple your way. Then again it could be Pakistan now that the government seems to be falling apart, or could it be Russia that would throw a few your way ... I know China would want to get it's digs in as well.

Look....you are way out of your league when it comes US policies for tactical and strategic nuclear weapons. It's a not a fair fight. How many "nukes" have you ever seen?

Look....you are way out of your league when it comes US policies for tactical and strategic nuclear weapons. It's a not a fair fight. How many "nukes" have you ever seen?

And you are out of your league for Chinese, Russian, Pakistan policies for tactical and strategic weapons. It does not matter who launches the first nuke, other countries will get involved that I am sure of. But since I have never actually seen a nuke that somehow disqualifies me from talking about it? Are you sure Captain Canada?

However this is getting off topic.

Edited by GostHacked

And you are out of your league for Chinese, Russian, Pakistan policies for tactical and strategic weapons. It does not matter who launches the first nuke, other countries will get involved that I am sure of.

You are sure of nothing....with zero experience in such matters...except for what you have seen in American television and movies.

But since I have never actually seen a nuke that somehow disqualifies me from talking about it? Are you sure Captain Canada?

You talk a lot about things you have no experience with....including America.

However this is getting off topic.

A very wise move....

Really ever? You don't sound very sure about this. But I know it is important to you regardless of the historical record.

America was born in war....expanded in war....and dominates with war, and there is nothing you can do about it, Mr. Wannabe.

Yeah, I'm sure. It's historical fact, not a theory.

and as far as me being a wannabe... L to the O to the L. Seriously.

Your former Empire didn't think so.

Look here fellow..empire is built on myth...look at George Bush - mythical! Look at the cartoon character called Sarah Palin - a total myth...to live by myth is dangerous - myth is magic - and magic is trickery - and no good comes from trickery...look at that thousands dead and suffering due to the myth of weapons of mass destruction...America should be happy with Mickey Mouse - and leave it at that.

You are sure of nothing....with zero experience in such matters...except for what you have seen in American television and movies.

Well, since you are the expert, what exactly IS the American television and movies telling me? What do I get out of them?

You talk a lot about things you have no experience with....including America.

Yeah you keep saying that, and yet you have agreed with me in the past about things 'American'.

A very wise move....

No it's because you love to derail threads, some of us prefer to stay on topic. A challenge you have been given before but fail miserably.

No that is reality. The US launching a nuke would be the perfect justification for Iran or North Korea to throw a couple your way.

Somehow I don't think the mullahs in Iran or the monarch/dictator of NK needs much "justification" to do anything.

Iran or NK won't be the ones to fire first.

I don't take much comfort in that. That ability materially impairs the West's ability to protect its safety from maniacs.

I don't take much comfort in that. That ability materially impairs the West's ability to protect its safety from maniacs.

I don't quite understand what you mean by your last sentence.

I am concerned that any conventional defense against terrorism emnating from Iran could be met with a nuclear response.

Guest American Woman

Or at our overseas allies or interests.

That's not going to happen. Not over a terrorist attack. It will only be used as a last resort in a similar situation to the last time, which is why nukes have never been used since.

Edited by American Woman