Some of My Past Life, and My Interest in Canada

jbg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably no more boring than your story or my story would be. I dont mind when I see people sharing some of their personal experiences whether theyre terribly exciting or not.

In any case I find your reply to be pointless and rude.

Thank you. There is a history of acrimony between myself and Bubber Miley.

jbg, this is definitely interesting, but I question why we would speak of ourselves as such on MLW.

Then again, it was interesting. Maybe a 'bio' section would be worthwhile ? Or alternately, we could update our profiles and start a thread with a link to our profiles.

A geographical note: the area you call Quinte's Isle is officially known as Prince Edward County, or - in effect - Picton, Ontario. The county seat amalgamated the entire county into its limits in the late 1990s, I believe.

As well as having the nickname Quinte's Isle, it was known as "little Spain". It is one of the oldest parts of Upper Canada, and has a lot of stakes in our history.

A bio section is not a bad idea. While some people would of course remain utterly uninterested (as with almost any topic, really), others enjoy this sort of thing.

For some people, it helps to get a different, broader view of a poster; that a poster is not defined by an avatar of expressed political opinions, or by style of debate/discussion.

A bio section is not a bad idea. While some people would of course remain utterly uninterested (as with almost any topic, really), others enjoy this sort of thing.

For some people, it helps to get a different, broader view of a poster; that a poster is not defined by an avatar of expressed political opinions, or by style of debate/discussion.

Towards the goal of better dialogue, it would be helpful for people to realize that those that oppose their political ideas are often otherwise similar to them. Or, your background can be the same, and so on.

Lots of right-wingers came from hippie parents, just as hippies come from conservative parents. And, as I have said before, can't we all just get abong ?

Towards the goal of better dialogue, it would be helpful for people to realize that those that oppose their political ideas are often otherwise similar to them. Or, your background can be the same, and so on.

Lots of right-wingers came from hippie parents, just as hippies come from conservative parents. And, as I have said before, can't we all just get abong ?

:) No, we can't.

But you're right. You meet people face-to-face, and the political differences tend to become merely one quality of many. On anonymous message boards, political opinions (and, to be sure, the style in which they're delivered) become almost everything, at times.

:) No, we can't.

But you're right. You meet people face-to-face, and the political differences tend to become merely one quality of many. On anonymous message boards, political opinions (and, to be sure, the style in which they're delivered) become almost everything, at times.

This is why we need to hold some kind of get-together.

In order to make sure that we don't engender conflict, we should make it simple and alcohol-free. I suggest an all-you-can-eat buffet at Oleg's house in Toronto.

Then again, it was interesting. Maybe a 'bio' section would be worthwhile ? Or alternately, we could update our profiles and start a thread with a link to our profiles.
Absolutely agreed.

I posted this to "humanize" myself a bit, since I am not a digital collection of left-wing political opinions. I am a person also.

A Bio forum? Yech.

What next, some kind of "Self-Help" thread, where bleeding heart leftists can confess about their shameful sins, and feel less guilty?

Or right-wingers such as BC, KIS, etc. I am more of the Higgly, NaomiGlover & Dub crowd.

Or, alternately, they could post it and you could not read it.

Except when specifically referenced by the author. Remember, this member was miffed by my refusal to engage in offline discussions via e-mail. We have a history, eh?

There are plenty of threads here - ostensibly about issues - that are actually about the poster's neurosis. ( Cough, cough, bach, cough, cough... )

Shall I point to your forum persona in such threads?

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Please do. My status on here is proof enough that there's a certain mania present regarding an excessive interest in discussing current events, isn't it ?

Maybe...but it's still one dimensional. I strive to draw the line at invoking other members' "manias" whenever possible unless they depart from this forum's advertised framework.....i.e. discussing ideas over personal attributes, attacks, etc.

Except when specifically referenced by the author. Remember, this member was miffed by my refusal to engage in offline discussions via e-mail. We have a history, eh?

I refused most offline discussions as well. I won't gain any more from that as opposed to the main public discussion.

Shall I point to your forum persona in such threads?

We all have one. Some of us at least admit it and are comfortable with it and make no apologies about it.

Well you guys can throw up your bio stuff if you want. Just don't turn it into a windbag long running twitter'd about absolutely useless crap that has no bearing on anything relevant to any thread on MLW. I don't care to know that much about you anyways. If I wanted to know I'll ask in public or a private message.

Well you guys can throw up your bio stuff if you want. Just don't turn it into a windbag long running twitter'd about absolutely useless crap that has no bearing on anything relevant to any thread on MLW. I don't care to know that much about you anyways. If I wanted to know I'll ask in public or a private message.

Who is that aimed at?

I did not mean to start an acrimonious hatefest with this thread.

Edited by jbg