Worst Moment of the Bush II Presidency

It's not about provoking anti-American violence. Don't start moving the goal posts like you're famous for. I simply stated that waterboarding had been successful in obtaining information from terrorists, which had then been used to stop attacks and save lives. That's not even debatable. It's fact. I linked to CNN. That's not a right-wing website. In other words, you have no teeth left.

You didn't say waterboarding had been successful. You said waterboarding "saved lives." And if you're talking about "saving lives", a key factor is whether or not violence is provoked. Because, you know, violence often results in the opposite of "saving lives." That's not moving goalposts---that's acknowledging reality.

And the link I was talking about was not CNN. It was CNSN, which calls itself, right in its banner, "The Right News."

At least they're honest.

And you'll be gumming mush tonight. :lol:

Edited by BubberMiley

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You didn't say waterboarding had been successful. You said waterboarding "saved lives." And if you're talking about "saving lives", a key factor is whether or not violence is provoked. Because, you know, violence often results in the opposite of "saving lives." That's not moving goalposts---that's acknowledging reality.

And the link I was talking about was not CNN. It was CNSN, which calls itself, right in its banner, "The Right News."

At least they're honest.

And you'll be gumming mush tonight. :lol:

You've officially jumped the shark!

Waterboarding led to information, which led to the capture of terrorists, and the break up of terrorists plots. If you can't understand how that's saving lives, than you're an even bigger lost cause than I had thought. Waterboarding was used on 3 people. It was stopped in 2005. For you to try and somehow link violence to the waterboarding of 3 terrorist masterminds is completly tenuous at best. Especially since it wasn't made public until somewhat recently.

Anyways, I'm sure you can cite specific examples of violence that resulted from the waterboarding of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed. If you can't. Then once agin, stop wasting my time with your nonsense.

Waterboarding led to information, which led to the capture of terrorists, and the break up of terrorists plots.

Again, the only credible source you provided was the opinion of a guy who opposes waterboarding. In response, I provided a contrary opinion from an equally credible source who also opposes waterboarding. Then you reposted that link and linked to some radical right-wing website with highly questionable anonymous sources. I can see how, once again, you would resort to claims of teeth-kicking, but it's just your typical last desperate measure when you've got nothing left.

Again, the only credible source you provided was the opinion of a guy who opposes waterboarding. In response, I provided a contrary opinion from an equally credible source who also opposes waterboarding.

Your source didn't dispute the fact that waterboarding has worked, and gathered information that has broken up terrorist plots. Instead, as usual, the goal posts move, and move, and move.

Is'nt repetition redundant by nature?

Looks like Jack got ya there Bubbles.

Btw Jack. I'm still waiting for an explaination as to why I'm a sell out. And what exactly I sold out of? Stop running Jack. There's nowhere to run, and nowhere to hide.