Harper's 16 Billion Dollar Fighter Jet Purchase Plan

Good luck with that...Canada would have to build its own missiles, guided bombs, other ordnance, retrofit kits, GPS system, and digital data links. Have fun! ;)

I could do it easy for that price. The tech is incredibly simplistic. You can't claim top secret technologies are infringing IP regardless if it is a national security secret how the technnology works (maybe that's why the US doesn't export some of its techs.. it is infringing patent.

Edited by William Ashley

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why hasn't Canada done so? Cue Avro Arrow lament in three...two...one....

BC2004 you know nothing about the leadership of Canada if you ask stupid questions like that.

1. Liberals don't build up the military

2. Conservatives don't build up the state.

With those two parties in leadership Canada will never have a national military industrial complex, because private Canadian companies get bought out by the US if they are competitive.

These three factors close down Canada's ability to sustain itself in a non total war scenario.. due to the speed of war these days, it rules it out almost exclusively.

Edited by William Ashley

BC2004 you know nothing about the leadership of Canada if you ask stupid questions like that.

You are the one asking stupid questions...and providing matching stupid answers. You are not going to build squat when it comes to designing, testing, and producing a new strike fighter and requisite subsystems without foreign help. Canada lacks this capability...so keep the bitching contest to the "cheapest" one to buy from someone else.

You are the one asking stupid questions...and providing matching stupid answers. You are not going to build squat when it comes to designing, testing, and producing a new strike fighter and requisite subsystems without foreign help.

Canada lacks this capability...so keep the bitching contest to the "cheapest" one to buy from someone else.

You are pushing stupid american character again with this completely unfounded and ignorant position. Canada builds reactors for US submarines for crying out loud, you know noting about Canada's capabilities BC2004.

Canada has a lot of very knowledgeable physisists, it has one of the most preeminent physics research facilities in the world.

The US has bought CANADIAN companies because they have innovative technologies that are more advanced than US technologies.

You are out of touch with reality in what you say.

Your cell phone if you have ones' technologies have a good chance of being Canadian. The list goes on and on and on. Canada is fully capable of building cutting edge technologies, and this is fruther enhanced by qauntum computing techs, quantum communication systems, and nanotechnology research facilities amongst other things.

I'm 10 years ahead of US's latest public technologies. Many of the innovations i hear about I already thought of years before. Public US technology is trivial and US RD is falling behind big time, they are reduced to buying out foreign companies to make up for their lack of research capabilities

US takeovers are common for two reasons - getting tech they didn't make themselves. Stalling development in other countries to maintain market share. The US does little more. You think too highly of yourself.

Edited by William Ashley

You are pushing stupid american character again with this completely unfounded and ignorant position. Canada builds reactors for US submarines for crying out loud, you know noting about Canada's capabilities BC2004.

Sure it does.....GE and Westinghouse are not Canadian...fool.

Canada has a lot of very knowledge able physisists, it has one of the most preeminent physics research facilities in the world.

The US has bought CANADIAN companies because they have innovative technologies that are more advanced that US technologies.

Then please build a nuclear powered strike fighter today....that would be impressive!

You are out of touch with reality in what you say.

And you are not allowed back into America! ;)

Sure it does.....GE and Westinghouse are not Canadian...fool.

Then please build a nuclear powered strike fighter today....that would be impressive!

And you are not allowed back into America! ;)

Oh shucks. Looks like I'll just have to spend my USD elsewhere then (and I should do this soon since I'm loosing dollars a day holding onto the stuff:) The "scratch and win waiver" costs as much as the difference in flying through a non US carriers regardless, and it isn't a "well maybe" 9 months later situation. I don't like the US anymore regardless, I was very pro american a few years back, this changed after federal prison and permanent damage to my body (both my chipped elbow that now has a detached chunk, and my ring finger which was snapped and didn't heal) and customs lying to me about my situation multiple times leading to the loss of a sail boat, and hundreds in cash and potentially in the thousands of dollars from grant programs that were blocked during incarcertation on arbitrary non judicial holdings"

BC2004 the main reason why other countries don't build as much stuff (and really the US doesn't have technological edge it has anumeric edge because it has build a whole lot of mediocre equipment that are sufficient not because they have built a lot of really good tech - their runs on their best equipment is officially very small only a few spirit bombers (at a billion a pop), only a few aircraft carriers etc.. because frankly the US is the only country in the world that needs them for their foreign policy position of gunboat diplomacy and the ability to threaten countries with nuclear annihilation. Most other countries don't play that game with other countries.

Only 3 entitities are major global playors - the US, China, the EU ( a few countries in here might be in the second list if not united)

-Russia, India and Brazil are also notable.

There are a bunch of countries in the middle class Canada is somewhere in the middle class under the top 10 of this Catagory but above the top 20. Canada has NEVER started a war since 1867. It probably would never start a war. The US never stopped the war after WWII Canada did, Canada demobilized, the US didn't. There were only slight reductions by the US. The US kept things going by creating a major war every 10 years to keep things chugging.

Canada has the capability - even though it has been consistently eroded by US take overs of most Canadian arms manufacturers. This however doesn't remove the Canadian expertise.

Edited by William Ashley

Oh shucks. Looks like I'll just have to spend my USD elsewhere then (and I should do this soon since I'm loosing dollars a day holding onto the stuff:)

Please do...your USD's will be sorely missed....NOT!

BC2004 the main reason why other countries don't build as much stuff (and really the US doesn't have technological edge it has anumeric edge because it has build a whole lot of mediocre equipment that are sufficient not because they have built a lot of really good tech - their runs on their best equipment is officially very small only a few spirit bombers (at a billion a pop), only a few aircraft carriers etc.. because frankly the US is the only country in the world that needs them for their foreign policy position of gunboat deplomacy and the ability to threaten countries with nuclear annihilation. Most other countries don't play that game with other countries.

I am dumber after reading that. Canada's best continue to go to America for a reason...see "Lunar Landing Module".

There are a bunch of countries in the middle class Canada is somewhere in the middle class under the top 10 of this Catagory but above the top 20. Canada has NEVER started a war since 1867. It probably would never start a war. The US never stopped the war after WWII Canada did, Canada demobilized, the US didn't. There were only slight reductions by the US. The US kept things going by creating a major war every 10 years to keep things chugging.

Canada started all its wars after 1867....by choice.

Canada has the capability - even though it has been constitently eroded by US take overs of most Canadian arms manufacturers. This however doesn't remove the Canadian expertise.

Then prove it....see you at the range.

America started the Korean and Viet-Nam wars? Amazing. Here I thought it was the Communists...

:rolleyes:

They intervened in both to prevent the other side from winning and in both instances the wars would have been very quick (probably about a year or less)

Both instances were civil disputes.

Vietnam - the south broke the geneva acccords

A partition of Vietnam, with Ho Chi Minh's Democratic Republic of Vietnam in North Vietnam, and Emperor Bảo Đại's State of Vietnam in the South Vietnam, was not intended to be permanent by the Geneva Accords, and they expressly forbade the interference of third powers. The State of Vietnam's Prime Minister Ngo Dinh Diem toppled Bảo Đại in a fraudulent referendum organised by his brother Ngo Dinh Nhu, and proclaimed himself president of the Republic of Vietnam. The Accords mandated nationwide elections by 1956, which Diem refused to hold, despite repeated calls from the North for talks to discuss elections.

The Korean war was caused by US and Soviet refusal to give independence to Korea

the UN split the country into two. The north being held by Soviet troops and south By US troops.
Edited by William Ashley

Both instances were civil disputed.

Vietnam - the south broke the geneva acccords

By not allowing an 'election' that would mean the suicide of South Viet-Nam. A no brainer, there.

The Korean war was caused by US and Soviet refusal to give independence to Korea

So South Korea is what?

Edited by DogOnPorch

So South Korea is what?

South Korea was administered by the US and "emergent NATO forces" It was an occupied region of "Korea"

North and South Korea are de facto administrative areas created by foreign occupation.

A place called Korea has long existed where North and South Korea are seen today. There is no "real cultural" difference in the two" howver a cultural divide was created after WWII. Basically it was an attempt to westenize the south and creating a stop gap between china and US controlled areas of the pacific.

The grounds were not for Korea, they were for the US.

The US wanted to marginalize ASIA by creating division within ASIA, so that it wouldn't become a superstate that united. Since China and Russia were in position to unify the area, allowing more resources to be put outward instead of inward. They threw a wrench in Asias works.

The larger communism is the stronger it is.

Communism has been on a decline since about 1978 - the apparatus of the party has modified to a non pure communism - this what i mean by that.

Edited by William Ashley

Imperialist foreign intervention - it is war making without grounds. War for means of interferance is immoral it lacks noble cause - lacks a casus belli which means it is a dishonourable war.

So the Communists were just having picnics in the southern areas of these two countries?

Imperialist foreign intervention - it is war making without grounds. War for means of interferance is immoral it lacks noble cause - lacks a casus belli which means it is a dishonourable war.

So now you are saying that Canada is "dishonourable"? Is that why it would make purchase of devil craft from the United States?