Caledonia The town That Law Forgot

Anything with Christie Blatchford's name attached to it will be full of half-truths, poorly researched statements and sensational bias. I'd be willing to bet she wrote the whole thing in a weekend and most of here references came off of the internet.

I have already read some excerpts and have confirm that she has written things that didn't occur.....maybe did occur....but only in the minds of a few Caledonia wackos...

Could you be more specific? What didn't occur? What are your accusations based on?

Personally, I have a lot of respect for Christie Blatchford. She's in the top rank of Canadian journalists, by anyone's measure.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask the Government. They misapproriated the funds.

But money was held in trust, as evidence by the following:

- The first trustees were appointed by Order-in-Council in 1797

- An Act dated 1839 diredted that all sums collected from people illegally occupying Indian or Crown Land be held by the Receiver General and approriated for the benefit of the First Nations.

- The investments of money held in trust for the Six Nations is documented up to at least 1855. (a bit of reading for you; now that take at face value everything that is in there, or that expect you to accept any of it, pbut it includes way more historical research than "we prevailed, there's no trust")

Just reading the Treaty of Fort Stanwix 1768 again where Six Nations secured £10,460 for the adjustment of their boundary into Ohio. This amount was also put into trust on behalf of Six Nations. So add another $18000 plus accumulated compounded interest to Six Nations account....

Guest TrueMetis

Reality sucks doesn't it. You are a vanquished people, a few centuries ago you would have been lucky to have been left alive. Yet you were left alive, and not very thankful for it. Now there is just a bitter disdain for that decision to have allowed that to happen.

If I ever meet you in real life I'm going to hurt you.

Exactly.

Both of you.

If I ever meet you in real life I'm going to hurt you.

Both of you.

Nah. More to pity than to scorn. The sad part is that our society still produces such depths of ignorance and weak minded schmuckery as evidenced by these two.

What is hidden very well is any reaction from you to the documented proof that money was held in trust by the Crown for the Six Nations (go back a few postings where I wrote it especially for you)

Where is it now? Where's the trust? Where is it in the budget?

It has been acknowledged that the trust exists, and we have provided proof that it does in fact exist. The problem is that INAC will not come clean about where all the money is, or how much is actually held there. Like I also said it is in the historical record that Samuel Jarvis was caught stealing money from the trust, as well as trust funds had been used to build Osgoode Hall and the the Grand River Navigation Company without any of it being returned.

So the money is supposed to be there legally, and interests paid as per the schedules. INAC just refuse to put it all together and tell Six Nations what they think it is worth. Six Nations has already calculated what it should be and where there is a discrepancy it must be investigated, negotiated and resolved to Six Nations satisfaction. After all. It is their money.

Edited by charter.rights

By the way. Did anyone here know that a copy of the Two Row Wampum hangs in the foyer of Osgoode Hall? Apparently they think it has some legal significance.....

Could it be that the Law Society of Upper Canada respects the first Nation to Nation treaty ade between Six Nations and the Europeans?

Edited by charter.rights

By the way. Did anyone here know that a copy of the Two Row Wampum hangs in the foyer of Osgoode Hall? Apparently they think it has some legal significance.....

Apparently so do the other works of art that hang there...

AS it has been said before, ask the Government. It was, and remains responsibkle for the money that was put in its trust.

Or are we supposed to subscribe to a new theory of accounting that says that, as long as the holder of money in trust wilfully neglects his/her/its duty, then the fiduciary responsibility ceased to exist?

Crooks and scam artists all over the place will worship you. Can already imagine the guy brought to court for defrauding investors:

- Your Honour, I didn't defraud these people

- Didn't they give you money to invest

- Yes

- Didn't you invest that money for them

- Yes

- Where's the money?

- What money?

- The money from their investment?

- What investment?

- The investment they did through you?

- Ther is no such investment

- But didn't you just tell that people invested money with you

- True, and here are the books recording those investments. But as you can see, I stopped providing any account of those investments 3 years ago. Since there are no current account of these investments and there is nothing mentioning them in my books, they do not exist

:lol::lol:

No judge in their right mind would buy such argument. Don't expect too many people will buy it in this case either

Edited by CANADIEN

Indians owe Canada more than that for food and health care alone.

I don't think so dude.

The INTEREST on $1 trillion is over $300 billion a year. Food is grown on their land so we owe them still for that. Health care is not our invention and the costs over 100 years even would be considerably less.

You don't know very much, do you....