Caledonia The town That Law Forgot

Why would ANYONE condemn something that didn't happen?

It did happen. And you excuse it. Just like you make excuses for native leaders making high 6 figure salaries, while the few hundred people they oversee live at the poverty line. You excuse it because in your warped little mind, natives can do no wrong. It's truely disgusting.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll bet his witty response will be,"Yup."...

Jack, we've been reading these posts for a couple of years now. Have you EVER seen a post from CR or one of his psuedonyms that admitted that a native anywhere over any issue was in the wrong? Even one post that said perhaps they made a mistake? Even ONE???

I haven't. From my perspective, CR believes that any native position or action is gospel straight from God. Red is always in the right and White is always in the wrong.

Is it no wonder that I consider such a position racist? Bigots and zealots come in every colour and rarely can recognize themselves.

Perhaps it's because they lack logic.

I swear that CR would champion Charles Manson or David Chapman if they were natives.

Jack, we've been reading these posts for a couple of years now. Have you EVER seen a post from CR or one of his psuedonyms that admitted that a native anywhere over any issue was in the wrong? Even one post that said perhaps they made a mistake? Even ONE???

Exactly. CR even defended a native leader making close to a million dollars per year, while the few hundred families he governed lived below the poverty line. It's really disgusting.

I haven't. From my perspective, CR believes that any native position or action is gospel straight from God. Red is always in the right and White is always in the wrong.

Is it no wonder that I consider such a position racist? Bigots and zealots come in every colour and rarely can recognize themselves.

Where has CR every said that white is always wrong?

I have seen him say on many occasions that "the government" or "you" are wrong, but I don't equate you nor "the government" with a particular skin colour.

Do you?

Where has CR every said that white is always wrong?

I have seen him say on many occasions that "the government" or "you" are wrong, but I don't equate you nor "the government" with a particular skin colour.

Do you?

Don't play that game!

True, he has not specifically said that red is right and white is wrong. Instead, he consistently and INVARIABLY always states that any native anywhere on any issue is in the right and that non-natives are wrong!

Go back through his posts! I'm talking every single time! Every single issue! Lord, he sounds like a Moonie! No one is that perfect! Everyone makes mistakes once in a while. CR will not even admit to a native or natives having an over-reaction.

He is as predictable as sunrise! Of course he would never actually state that is how he sees the world. He knows that would sound ridiculous. Yet in practice he talks as if that is indeed his guiding principle.

Actions speak much louder than words.

Perhaps it's because they lack logic.

I swear that CR would champion Charles Manson or David Chapman if they were natives.

I agree with what your saying...

Perhaps The Professor is the wrong person to be arguing the other side of the issue?

I agree with what your saying...

Perhaps The Professor is the wrong person to be arguing the other side of the issue?

I hear what WB is saying. And its very true that CR has defended every action and I have yet to hear CR speak in any other light.

Regardless, Following this thread, and knowing a fair bit about the DCE and what really did go down from 2005 onwards, its always better not to wade into the quagmire.

However, in this particular thread, CR has done an admirable job of presenting the facts without going on any tangents or straying to far from the argument put forth.

Personally, I have seen the photos of the Police dragging Six Nations residents onto the DCE in order to taser and arrest them.

I have yet to read Christie Blatchfords book. But it would seem to me that in her television interviews she considers Gary McHale just another regular citizen.

From that point forward, I realize I can only take her book with a grain of salt.

At the end of the day, there are two groups of people let down by a land dispute and the People who have been MIA are the Federal Government.

And, CR, I have heard Nothing to suggest that McGuinty is going to transfer the DCE.

Considering there has been no progress on the Welland Canal.. Burtch, or basically anywheres else PERIOD, I have no idea where u came up with this mythical gift from the province.

Good luck with that.

And, CR, I have heard Nothing to suggest that McGuinty is going to transfer the DCE.

Considering there has been no progress on the Welland Canal.. Burtch, or basically anywheres else PERIOD, I have no idea where u came up with this mythical gift from the province.

Inside information.

Just like I offered everyone here over a year ago about the Queens presentation and recognition of the Silver Covenant Chain Treaty that happened in Toronto this past year. I have my connections.

L'il Abner and Wild Bill's sour grape aside, I have participated in many other subjects on MLW. However, my time is limited and with ignorance of aboriginal issue vast and xenophobic here on MLW I find I spend more time countering the most frequent offenders on a regular basis. And the only way to counter supposition and ignorance is to present the facts, sometimes repeatedly to get through the stubborn bigotry entrenched in the example posters. I know I am at least getting through when they start with the ad hominem and straw man arguments faking knowledge and sucking farty references.

I have researched these subjects for over 20 years, so I am no slouch when it comes to aboriginal issues and there is no way I will let petty little cross burners slip one through. WB and any other poster wanting to take this stuff on better do better than just substituting their biased opinions for real fact. I am watching.

Edited by charter.rights

Inside information.

Just like I offered everyone here over a year ago about the Queens presentation and recognition of the Silver Covenant Chain Treaty that happened in Toronto this past year. I have my connections.

L'il Abner and Wild Bill's sour grape aside, I have participated in many other subjects on MLW. However, my time is limited and with ignorance of aboriginal issue vast and xenophobic here on MLW I find I spend more time countering the most frequent offenders on a regular basis. And the only way to counter supposition and ignorance is to present the facts, sometimes repeatedly to get through the stubborn bigotry entrenched in the example posters. I know I am at least getting through when they start with the ad hominem and straw man arguments faking knowledge and sucking farty references.

I have researched these subjects for over 20 years, so I am no slouch when it comes to aboriginal issues and there is no way I will let petty little cross burners slip one through. WB and any other poster wanting to take this stuff on better do better than just substituting their biased opinions for real fact. I am watching.

Really???

Like the time you insulted most everyone's intelligence here by claiming that most people in Canada would prefer to see a "Rwandanlike Genocide" carried out on the native population???

You're not going to deny you said that,are you???

I found The Professor's cutesy wootsey bigotry fairly easily..I'll bet I,or someone else,can find that statement you made just as easily...

Edited by Jack Weber

Really???

Like the time you insulted most everyone's intelligence here by claiming that most people in Canada would prefer to see a "Rwandanlike Genocide" carried out on the native population???

You're not going to deny you said that,are you???

I found The Professor's cutesy wootsey bigotry fairly easily..I'll bet I,or someone else,can find that statement you made just as easily...

You understand red herrings but can't recognize when you got slapped with one. Hyperbole is the mantra here and even you engage in it from time to time.

But isn't it interesting that just as I made that statement our of example posters just happened to confirm it....Shwa picked up on pretty quick and it slid right over you because you were distracted with your own anger. You apparently aren't as skilled at debate as you think you are.....You've been pwned.

Edited by charter.rights

You understand red herrings but can't recognize when you got slapped with one. Hyperbole is the mantra here and even you engage in it from time to time.

But isn't it interesting that just as I made that statement our of example posters just happened to confirm it....Shwa picked up on pretty quick and it slid right over you because you were distracted with your own anger. You apparently aren't as skilled at debate as you think you are.....You've been pwned.

Uh huh...

You rightfully claim that some here are probably a bit on the bigotted side of things,as it relates to this topic.

But you cannot seem to see the idiocy of that statement you made,and now,you hide behind the specious excuse that it was made for, "illustrative effect"...

You own nothing but 2nd place in the backtracking competition owned by The Professor...

Hot on his heels,however...

Uh huh...

You rightfully claim that some here are probably a bit on the bigotted side of things,as it relates to this topic.

But you cannot seem to see the idiocy of that statement you made,and now,you hide behind the specious excuse that it was made for, "illustrative effect"...

You own nothing but 2nd place in the backtracking competition owned by The Professor...

Hot on his heels,however...

Think about it: You are still being pwned. I'm not the one obsessing about hyperbole. Most people recognize for what it was.

GOT YA!

Don't play that game!

You are asking me not to "play that game" yet you have already said this:

Red is always in the right and White is always in the wrong.

So is this a backtrack on "White is always wrong" comment? I did notice you took the time to capitalize both 'Red' and 'White' above, so you were conscious of exactly what you were trying to state.

True, he has not specifically said that red is right and white is wrong. Instead, he consistently and INVARIABLY always states that any native anywhere on any issue is in the right and that non-natives are wrong!

This maybe so, however, it is not as if you have not presented your own polemics and cried foul when someone disagrees with you - so what? The only issues CR appears to present are those which are newsworthy or current and he does appear to have his research in order. Maybe you have a problem with the issues being presented? For example, your non-awareness of the historical background to the DCE issue.

Go back through his posts! I'm talking every single time! Every single issue! Lord, he sounds like a Moonie! No one is that perfect! Everyone makes mistakes once in a while. CR will not even admit to a native or natives having an over-reaction.

Admit for what purposes - to satisfy your ego? To be honest WB, you haven't actually argued these issues with any sort of insight, so there is no surprise that you would resent anyone presenting those issues with a little more insight. When was the last time you asked CR if it was wrong for the "government" to put a native in jail, say Kent Hill for the horrible murder of Tashina General? That was in the news - why don't you ask?

He is as predictable as sunrise! Of course he would never actually state that is how he sees the world. He knows that would sound ridiculous. Yet in practice he talks as if that is indeed his guiding principle.

Now who is playing games?

Actions speak much louder than words.

And yet there you are, typing away...

Edited by Shwa

See, he agrees with us Bill. He just had to come out against it because I was for it. It's pretty childish. If I said the sky was blue, Jack would take the opposite side. That's just the way he is. :rolleyes:

Poor Professor...

You simply don't get it.Which is'nt shocking,by the way..

You and CR are two sides of the same idiotic coin...

You're still in 1st place,though...

Edited by Jack Weber

Of all the things you've called me, comparing me to the degenerate CR is by far the most offensive. How dare you sir.

One of you finds racism in anything that is'nt minority driven...

One of you thinks that there is only reverse racism...

As I said,the same idiotic coin...

If you think CR is a degenerate,you're equally as degenerative...

• 1 month later...

I think that when the finger pointing is finished and the damage already done, the people of Haldimand County and Six Nations will do what they know how to do best. They will pick themselves and the pieces that remain 'up', dust themselves off and move forward together as they always have over these hundreds of years.

In other words, it will remain the same. They get it. They know it.

There is no book that can be written by anyone that will correctly and accurately document what happened in Caledonia, Ontario so long as any book written fails to have accurate information directly given from the numerous people named in it.

I will suggest that when a book can be written about the on-going land dispute in Caledonia and Six Nations by any author, that it be a book that is not peppered with words written about the author's own personal opinion and speculation for lack of research.

THAT will be a book worth purchasing to read.

Truth and Reconciliation will NEVER be found in empty promises or demands, let alone threats.

Popeye

Edited by Popeye