Iran Admits It Could Pull Nuke Trigger on US, Israel

scribblet

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hans Blix found nothing. Which was expected.

as Hans Blix said "The american intelligence told us to look here, and we found nothing, they told us to look there and we found nothing, we looked everywhere they told us to look and we found nothing. At some point someone should have realized we found nothing because there was nothing to find."

as Hans Blix said "The american intelligence told us to look here, and we found nothing, they told us to look there and we found nothing, we looked everywhere they told us to look and we found nothing. At some point someone should have realized we found nothing because there was nothing to find."

Hans Blix was the perfect UN inspection rube for the whole WMD affair...I loved how he pronounced "Misssssss-i-ulllls". While the unsure masses cried out for more inspections, invasion plans were polished off at CENTCOM:

Yet he told the then UK prime minister during the private conversation: “I said I still thought there were prohibited items in Iraq.”

Mr Blix also revealed that in late 2002, only a few months earlier, he had told Mr Blair that he “felt that Iraq had retained weapons of mass destruction”.

It seemed “plausible” to him especially in relation to anthrax stocks, he recalled. An Australian UN inspector had found evidence of anthrax reserves in Iraq which seemed “very convincing”, he said.

In other words, the Blix stance is rather less black and white than the media have sometimes portrayed him.

Even Canada offered up a compromise plan that guaranteed invasion.....you can't make this stuff up.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Anyway, what I'm trying to get across is that rational thought tells us what Iran's motives might be. And so far there's nothing to get worked up over.

I guess as a Jew and U.S. hater you'd be happy with what Iran wants.

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. Well done.

Anyway, I'm going to assume there's going to be no further useful discussion in this topic?

nope. That's the whole point of labelling people "Jew-haters." To shut down discussion. It's a form of political correctness.

Funnily enough, I believe we have a genuine Jew-hater on this board at the moment; but he's (so far) not being attacked.

Perhaps if he criticizes American foreign policy, that will change.

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. Well done.

Anyway, I'm going to assume there's going to be no further useful discussion in this topic?

nope. That's the whole point of labelling people "Jew-haters." To shut down discussion. It's a form of political correctness.

Funnily enough, I believe we have a genuine Jew-hater on this board at the moment; but he's (so far) not being attacked.

Perhaps if he criticizes American foreign policy, that will change.

Actually I advocate free speech for Jew haters. I am against Holocaust denial laws. I'd rather see fools spout and be outed for what they are.

That's what they said about Korea and Vietnam too....if this is losing, we need more of it.

Alright, either you're adopting a hilariously well-acted persona (MLW's version of Stephen Colbert?) or just one dedicated troll. Either way... I can't help but give ya credit.

Alright, either you're adopting a hilariously well-acted persona (MLW's version of Stephen Colbert?) or just one dedicated troll. Either way... I can't help but give ya credit.

Are you the most recent version of NaomiGlover, Dub and Bud?

What I always find amazing is the friends of those long haired hippy type pinkos who together see the West as the enemy and strongly advocate for a complete disarmament of our own nukes but for those countries who are antithematic to every social issue they believe in, from women to gays to justice to religion, they will go out of their way to defend and promote the rights of these terrorist, theocracies and dictators to acquire their own nuclear weapons.

Hmm I am trying to figure out what grain you eat. Are you serious. Long haired hippy type pinkos? Get real. That is something out of a 1970's sitcom.

If you want to advance a stereotyoe of a trendy leftist you want to hate the last thing they will be is a hippy...some may be goths with vampire long hair, but more likely they might shave their heads, have particular hair cuts and dyed hair. The days of long hair which made a come back with grunge for a bit

are not exactly mainstream with leftists. Neither are beards anymore.

In fact it can be very difficult trying to find the difference between a leftist or rightist on looks alone. They both can be fat, skinny, baggy eyed and incoherent.

Now take someone like me. I am smack dab in the middle. I am basically boring, pink, male. I could pass as a rightist or a leftist depending on how much I feel guilty or whine in a given moment.

Chances are the only way you will know where I stand is whether I emphasize being powerless or powerful.

If I am forced to use but one stereotype or generalization I would say people on the right are more likely to talk about wanting and enforcing their power whereas people to the left are more likely to complain about being victims and being powerless and needing help.

I hate even to go that far.

Now on the dialogue with Iran. Some of the most crack pot right wing extremist political interest groups have shown up supporting North Korea, Iran, and other such nations. You might want to look at the coalition of people getting into bed with one another. In the case of people who support Iran, its not just those sympathetic to Islamic extremism, but trendy guilt ridden liberals (small L), neo Nazis, Ron Paul and certain Libertarian supporters.

Some of the groups who lobby hard against the current Iran regime are communists and trade unionists inside Iran facing death if their views become open, activist students who believe in a democratic nation but are far from right wing or left wing, they are just interested in free speech and democracy, gays, feminists, non Muslims, moderate Shiites, on and on.

Its dangerous to stereotype people.

Now me I find the notion of Iran, North Korea, Pakistan having nuclear weapons truly problematic. Then again I find China, Russia having them just as problematic.

The fact is nuclear weapons are the tip of the iceberg. Nations such as Iran already have the ability to send a missile head with toxic chemicals into Israel to kill the population without taking down the buildings or having the same widespread fall out from nuclear radiation that would kill Muslims as well as Jews.

Let's also get real. Any lunatic can go on the internet and get enough info to make a dirty bomb and explode it sending radioactive debris into the air capable of killing many.

Any lunatic could go now into our water systems and spread germs or spread airborne virus, etc.

On the one hand no I am not happy Iran has a nuclear weapon, but no I am also not happy anyone has them and could sell them or their technology to the wrong people.

Me I don't like the Iranian regime. To me they are facist lunatics. But I do not hate Iranians. I want Iranians to be free of them and their fundamentalist extremism.

So I balance what I say. It doesn't make me a hippy. Hippy? Most hippes I knew turned into fat corporate executive sell outs. The few that didn't look ridiculous these days with their bald heads and pony tail in the back.

The only hippy that still looks good is Joan Baez. I saw a picture of her. Not bad for a communist.

...and their kids...and their kids...and so on. Nobody ever has to pay it all off....haven't you figured this out yet?

Actually you are paying for it right now, you just don't realize it. Or maybe you do and don't care. However that does not seem patriotic of you at all. It's like you welcome the demise of the USA's 'empire'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-11641964

US not tracking spending on Afghan projects, audit says

A private security contractor watches a Nato supply truck drive past in the province of Ghazni, south-west of Kabul, Afghanistan, Wednesday, Oct 27, 2010. Billions have been spent on contractors in Afghanistan, but US records are poor

The US government has spent about $55bn on rebuilding in Afghanistan since 2001 but cannot easily show how the money was spent, a government watchdog says.

Bailout money was never tracked either. Methinks someone is skimming a little off the top.