Carter-Obama Comparisons Grow

Wasn't hard to see this coming. Time to bring Disco back!

The Carter-Obama Comparisons Grow

.....Walter Mondale himself sees a parallel.

Comparisons between the Obama White House and the failed presidency of Jimmy Carter are increasingly being madeand by Democrats.

Walter Mondale, Mr. Carter's vice president, told The New Yorker this week that anxious and angry voters in the late 1970s "just turned against ussame as with Obama." As the polls turned against his administration, Mr. Mondale recalled that Mr. Carter "began to lose confidence in his ability to move the public." Democrats on Capitol Hill are now saying this is happening to Mr. Obama.

The funny part about this inevitable comparison is that President Carter did have some successes with Congress (deregulation, energy policy, Superfund, etc.)

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704129204575505822147816104.html

Edited by bush_cheney2004

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yah wouldn't want another President Carter:

Created more Jobs in his one term then either one term of Reagan

Complete nonsense.

Shrank the deficit

Complete nonsense.

Grew the GDP

The GDP has grown under every President.

and brought peace to the Israel Egypt.

Complete nonsense.

Wow, you've really pounded back the kool-aid I see. I don't think we want another President that gives birth to the Misery Index. He was a miserable failure/complete disaster.

Complete nonsense.

Complete nonsense.

The GDP has grown under every President.

Complete nonsense.

Wow, you've really pounded back the kool-aid I see. I don't think we want another President that gives birth to the Misery Index. He was a miserable failure/complete disaster.

All true no word of a lie. Carter gets a bad wrap due to an oil embargo, a broken helicopter shaft, and everyone in Washington hating him because he would not play by their rules but all in all he wasn't a bad president.

All true no word of a lie. Carter gets a bad wrap due to an oil embargo, a broken helicopter shaft, and everyone in Washington hating him because he would not play by their rules but all in all he wasn't a bad president.

Sure...he was a swell president and all around nice guy....the voters rewarded him for his efforts in 1980!

Sorry, but facts and numbers don't lie. What you've listed isn't true. Of course, I'm sure you can back it up. :rolleyes:

Sorry, but facts and numbers don't lie. What you've listed isn't true. Of course, I'm sure you can back it up. :rolleyes:

I can go fucking google it. RR Jobs created first term 5.9 million, Jobs created second term 10.2 million. Carter created 10.3 million jobs in his one term.

Carter Debt as a Percent GDP fell 3.3% under Reagan it grew 11%.

Carter GDP per capita grew 2.2 % and under Reagan it was 2.4%. Got me there Shady. Doesn't make Carter a bad president when you actually look at the numbers. Shrank the Debt compared to the GDP, grew jobs and grew the GDP not bad. Not bad at all.

BTW GDP per capita under Bush was .9%. Your hero.

He's even getting it in Europe!

OBAMA : LE NOUVEAU CARTER ?

Ces derniers temps, on fait de plus en plus souvent des comparaisons entre la présidence de Obama et celle d’un ancien président Démocrate dont l'unique mandat est plutôt considéré comme un échec : il s’agit de Monsieur Jimmy Carter (1976-1980).

Et je pense effectivement que cette comparaison est tout à fait pertinente, sans doute plus appropriée que celle que l’on fait aussi avec la présidence de Lyndon Johnson, en raison de l’Afghanistan, qui serait le Vietnam de Obama.

http://europumas.over-blog.com/article-35267136.html

If Obama had half the balls Carter did the US might not be where it is, and the media would be killing him more. Fact is No one in an establishment position liked Carter ever. That was his biggest endorsement in 76, he was like the tea party before the tea party was cool.

I can go fucking google it. RR Jobs created first term 5.9 million, Jobs created second term 10.2 million. Carter created 10.3 million jobs in his one term.

What you're failing to understand is that Carter's so-called job creation was soley based on a job tax credit. Once his tax credit ended, unemployment rose significantly. Those jobs were fake, temporary jobs, much like the Obama stimulus created jobs of today.

What you're failing to understand is that Carter's so-called job creation was soley based on a job tax credit. Once his tax credit ended, unemployment rose significantly. Those jobs were fake, temporary jobs, much like the Obama stimulus created jobs of today.

Got you don't like the number so you call it fake. I get it Shady. Carter didn't have to change the unemployment formula like Reagan because the numbers were in the double digits. The average unemployment rate under Carter was 6.7 under Reagan it was 7.4%. Unemployment fell from 8% when Carter got in office to 5.9% when he left.

If Obama had half the balls Carter did the US might not be where it is, and the media would be killing him more. Fact is No one in an establishment position liked Carter ever. That was his biggest endorsement in 76, he was like the tea party before the tea party was cool.

True enough. Some of Carter's biggest opponents were Democrats.

I was a kid at the time, but I do remember a National Geographic article that showed a Saudi gas station owner washing down his lot with gas. It was probably staged, but still it kind of drove the point home.

Maybe that's what led to one of my favorite bumper stickers.....

Bomb Their Ass, and Steal Their Gas!!