DND Has been Investigating Prisoner Detainee Abuse for 2 Years

Wow. If there was ever anything to completely refute the entire course of government claims, this is it.
and MacKay knew it all the time he was busy denying it, liar...
anyone remember Somalia???

The DND will got thrown under a bus on this one!!!!!!.

You guys even read the article, because i know you don't fully understand it , judging by your comments above....

The investigation began in 2008 after a member of the highly secretive task force, known as Joint Task Force 2 or JTF2, raised serious allegations against another member of the force and the force in general,
The allegations centred on events that took place between 2005 and 2008, said navy Capt. David Scanlon, but he would provide no details about them.

The investigation, called Sand Trap I, ended after a few months with no charges laid, but the probe sparked a larger investigation into broader allegations. That investigation, called Sand Trap II, is still underway

It was allegations from a member of the JTF again'st another member of the unit....it was investagated and NO charges were laid...."meaning nothing wrong here move along" it was reported and it was investagated and nothing was found....

Here is what a DND officer said in referance the whole event.....

The Sand Trap investigations should not taint the reputation of the military, Scanlon said.

meaning NOTHING was done that could damage the reputation of the Forces....NO conspiracy here, NO laws broken, no Inter national or conventions either....Once again nothing reported here move along.....

Scanlon said the board of inquiry is focusing on the broader administrative and non-criminal aspects of the allegations at the heart of Sand Trap II.

Holy shit, they even break it down for us....It mentions nothing of prisoners, detainees, illigal activities , drug smuggling....BUT was focusing on broader adminstrative and NON criminal aspects of the sand trap inquiry.....

DID that get confusing somehow ?

The Sand Trap investigations are not part of the Military Police Complaints Commission (MPCC) public hearings into allegations that military police failed to investigate senior officers responsible for transfers allegedly involving a risk of torture.

And here it says it's not part of a different investagation into the transfer of detainees In fact it does not say what the investagation was really about, but the Maj does piont you to what it is not about.....

"This is a distinct and broader investigation," Scalon said. "Far broader than anything the MPCC would look at."

It is about seeing if the admin policies used during the first investagation are surfice or will hold up once again....no conspiracy, no somolia inquiries, no one getting thrown under a bus, no detainees ....no abuse scandles...just a bunch of clerks making sure the current system is working ....I guess we can call off the code red....everyone back out of the bunkers....and someone turn that damn alarm off....

http://www.cbc.ca/politics/story/2010/09/13/detainee-investigation.html

Wow. If there was ever anything to completely refute the entire course of government claims, this is it.

I'm trying to be somewhat objective.....but I'm having trouble figuring out what this story is - or will be about. There is speculation that "the handling of detainees may have triggered the initial investigation".....but that investigation ended with no charges. Now the investigation is "focusing on the broader administrative and non-criminal aspects of the allegations at the heart of Sand Trap II".

One thing is clear - the military has become much more pro-active in investigating internal allegations and as Scanlon said "investigators are receiving full co-operation from the special forces unit, and any charges that might arise would be be made public."

No doubt the opposition will try to make hay out of all the speculation when in fact all that has occurred is that allegations of some sort - we don't know what - have come forward and the military is treating them seriously and in a thorough and professional manner.

Edited by Keepitsimple

You guys even read the article, because i know you don't fully understand it , judging by your comments above....

It was allegations from a member of the JTF again'st another member of the unit....it was investagated and NO charges were laid...."meaning nothing wrong here move along" it was reported and it was investagated and nothing was found....

Here is what a DND officer said in referance the whole event.....

meaning NOTHING was done that could damage the reputation of the Forces....NO conspiracy here, NO laws broken, no Inter national or conventions either....Once again nothing reported here move along.....

geez you must've missed this line "He said investigators are receiving full co-operation from the special forces unit, and any charges that might arise would be be made public."

strange that we have one soldier accused of killing a prisoner having a very public hearing and this one is kept absolute secret, what are the accusations that are so frightening to the government....

Afghan deaths focus of special forces probe

See this Thanks!

Two criminal investigations launched by military police into the actions of Canadian special forces soldiers in Afghanistan probed the alleged improper killing of Afghans, CBC News has learned.

Read more: My link

Still nothing to see....

Military sources said that the first investigation, called Sand Trap 1, resulted in no charges being laid against any Canadian soldiers.

But the second investigation, called Sand Trap 2, seems to suggest another nation may have been involved in the alleged improper killing being investigated

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2010/09/14/sand-trap.html#socialcomments#ixzz0zaw29doP

What is missing in the discussion is that there have been plenty of investigations of prisoner abuse since the beginning of this mission and member of the Canadian forces have been cleared in all these probes. The reason this is being raised in the media is simply a means to embarrass the Conservative government. No concern whatsoever about what impact this cheap politicking and media sensationalism is having on the morale of our men and women serving in Afghanistan. What kind of country are we that we would send troops to war then spend so much time questioning their integrity and conduct.

What kind of country are we that we would send troops to war then spend so much time questioning their integrity and conduct.

The kind of country in which a huge number of citizens have always doubted the justness of the war.

The troops have clearly supported this war from the beginning so its probably natural they'd fall under a scrutiny of suspicion that should be focused more on the integrity and conduct of the politicians who have involved us in this war. It's a case of suspicion and allegation by association.

We should have very publicly begun questioning our reason for being in Afghanistan the minute our so-called allies decided to turn their guns on Iraq. We should have withdrawn from Afghanistan the second they opened fire.

Myself, I never would have gone into Afghanistan in the first place.

Edited by eyeball

The kind of country in which a huge number of citizens have always doubted the justness of the war.

Thats not true at all, after 9/11 you'd be hard pressed to find a Canadian that did not support the Afghan mission, I remember boarding the plane on my first ROTO, the mission was still fresh, , i remember looking back just as i steped on the plane, seeing the hundrds of civilians outside the fence line cheering us on , carrying signs which read, kick some ass,ETC, ETC ....shit even our media was on board,

NO sir the majority of Canadians wanted us thier , and supported this mission to it's fullest....

The troops have clearly supported this war from the beginning so its probably natural they'd fall under a scrutiny of suspicion that should be focused more on the integrity and conduct of the politicians who have involved us in this war. It's a case of suspicion and allegation by association.

Why would'nt we the Majority of Canadians wanted this, it was right, and we where going to be the instrument our nation had chosen to exact a punshment from the Taliban and the rest of those terrorist thugs....Lets not forget, our governmant could not send us to any where without the support of the people....Canadians sent us to Afghan ....anything else is a lie...

Thats not true at all, after 9/11 you'd be hard pressed to find a Canadian that did not support the Afghan mission...

Maybe in your circles but I also recall a fair bit of doubt and as we all know that doubt grew the minute our so-called allies decided to turn their guns on Iraq and has never looked back.

I bet you'll be hard-pressed to find a majority of Canadians who would be willing to follow our allies if they decide to muck around in, Iran lets say.