Gun Control

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Classic conditioned liberalism - consists of - Anger especially in a male...or even righteous indignation is a thing that should not exist. Anger is an emotion when used with diginty instists that one has the right to survival. Guns to the liberal are equated and attatched to the idea that guns and angry men are a serious threat...and if you get rid of guns and anger - Society will be oh so sweet and gentle. A man is a man - a gun is a tool...A man is not a little girl - nor is a gun something that will increase domestic violence. Allow our young men to be men...and do not turn guns into some forbidden fruit to be lusted after. One of the problems that young men have is that they have been so feminized whether they know it or not - see a gun as instant manhoood -----------how did such a phenomena ingrain itself into our socity? It was not like this before.

As for male or female anger - people of both sexes have the right to voice a strong disagreement in the most effective way - It is un-natural to roll over and submit to everything.

Have to run Bob - no time for the video...tell me and I bet that I agree - that Israeli youth who all have military training - are not facinated with guns - and view them for what they are...a tool - a toy - but not some Hollywood - I am a man with a gun thing - that makes me a man - A real man - is a hero - who will deal with a situation unarmed...and if it gets out of hand and someone is coming to harm you with a gun - you get yours out from under the bed....Those who wish you harm with the use of a fire arm - always think twice if there is a chance of them getting a pucture.

Best line from this video, "...the key to freedom is the ability to be able to defend yourself". Unfortunately Canada doesn't really respect this truth, governmentally or socially.

By this logic, I should be allowed to posses a Browning 50 calibre heavy MG, a flamethrower, or a thermonuclear device.

By this logic, I should be allowed to posses a Browning 50 calibre heavy MG, a flamethrower, or a thermonuclear device.

Well, if you think puritanically without any balance, then of course. Since a nuclear weapon and an AR-15 are both weapons, obviously your argument is on solid ground. I guess you think you're quite clever in your stupidity.

My view is taken from an urban perspective and yours from a rural perspective. That we may differ on the issues is no surprise.

Most people in rural areas wouldn't agree with you. I live in a rural area. I'm as city as you can get. I still can see rural reality, and uselessness of the long gun registry.

Guest Derek L

But it doesn't even do that. To do that properly, the ballistics information of all weapons would need to be on file.

Even that is a strawman, it’s pretty easy to change a barrel……..or better yet, use a shotgun if you’re going to commit a crime involving a gun….

Guest Derek L

Kids should be properly educated on what a gun is - and what it is for - and how to use one properly and safely - I remember there was a gun range under my old high school...It had not been used since the early 60s...All schools should have one to train any students who have an unhealthy facination with fire arms.

The Boy Scouts use to get training with single shot .22s.......I agree, I tend to think more Canadians die from bad drivers than from guns each year...

Guest Derek L

Why the need for such an activity? I submit there is no need for anyone except perhaps for the police to be armed.

Should we also do away with booze & fast cars?

Guest Derek L

My view is taken from an urban perspective and yours from a rural perspective. That we may differ on the issues is no surprise.

By the way many of the wild animals in an urban setting are of a human kind.

I live in greater Vancouver, there's a number of indoor & outdoor ranges within the lower mainland......not too mention, one needs only drive a few hours to find some good hunting areas...Moose, white tail, wild turkey....

Guest Derek L

A Steyr HS .50 is legal in Canada for those that don't mind forking out 10 grand and 20 bucks a shot...

Then again South Africa has less than half the number of guns that we do and has a murder rate that is 15 times higher than ours, Switzerland has a has about 1.5 times the ownership rate we do and yet the homicide rate is lower, you're argument really isn't one at all. In fact, it is incredibly stupid, one of those statistics that ignorant people use to reinforce the self righteousness of themselves and other people equally as uninformed, now i don't expect to convinvce you of your stupidity, I doubt you have the capacity to change you mind.

Would you please provide a reliable source for the allegation you have made with respect your South African example.

As you should know the vast majority of Canadians live in urban areas. Most have the same concerns I do with respect to the gun violence. It isn't a matter of being self righteous but rather a concern for public safety.

Guest Derek L

Would you please provide a reliable source for the allegation you have made with respect your South African example.

As you should know the vast majority of Canadians live in urban areas. Most have the same concerns I do with respect to the gun violence. It isn't a matter of being self righteous but rather a concern for public safety.

And how is the gun registry cutting down on gun violence?

By the way many of the wild animals in an urban setting are of a human kind.

The Liberal gun registry made no distinction between urban and rural residents. Obviously, they must have considered them irrelevant!

Tell me, pinko, if you were tent camping in bear country would you take a gun?

Well, if you think puritanically without any balance, then of course. Since a nuclear weapon and an AR-15 are both weapons, obviously your argument is on solid ground. I guess you think you're quite clever in your stupidity.

Is that stupid clever like misusing big words like "puritanically"?

Should we also do away with booze & fast cars?

Derek, NO! Perish the thought!

BTW, have you ever heard the old bluesman saying, that goes "Well, some I spent on women, some I spent on whiskey and some I just wasted!"

Guest Derek L

Derek, NO! Perish the thought!

BTW, have you ever heard the old bluesman saying, that goes "Well, some I spent on women, some I spent on whiskey and some I just wasted!"

For sure.....The best kind of restrictions on guns, booze & fast cars is a wife ;)

If it wasn't for her, I'd have a new Corvette, buy Johnnie Walker by the case and enough firearms to start my own religion B)

Is that stupid clever like misusing big words like "puritanically"?

No, it's stupid clever by using inaccurate or inappropriate comparisons.

If you punch me in the face, by your logic it would be ok for me to nuke you in your house! I guess all the collateral deaths and damage would just be null factors.

We can also reverse your argument and see how it stands up. If it is NOT ok to have weapons to defend yourself then it is not ok to defend yourself at all!

If you had a 275 lb bodybuilder break into your home and decide that he didn't want to leave any witnesses, just how would you defend yourself? Or your wife and children?

If he was armed, perhaps you could persuade him to register the weapon before he killed you all.

Guest Derek L

No, it's stupid clever by using inaccurate or inappropriate comparisons.

If you punch me in the face, by your logic it would be ok for me to nuke you in your house! I guess all the collateral deaths and damage would just be null factors.

We can also reverse your argument and see how it stands up. If it is NOT ok to have weapons to defend yourself then it is not ok to defend yourself at all!

If you had a 275 lb bodybuilder break into your home and decide that he didn't want to leave any witnesses, just how would you defend yourself? Or your wife and children?

If he was armed, perhaps you could persuade him to register the weapon before he killed you all.

How’d the saying go: “Rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6”

I didn't misuse the term, as you're clearly trying to make semi-covert statement opposing rights to bear arms. Your implication that the video statement I quoted inevitably leads to advocating for the rights of individuals to own nuclear weapons is an illustration of you being unable to comprehend a simple concept know as balance, and that's a product of puritanical thinking.

If you prefer, feel free to substitute puritanical for obstinate or inflexible or rigid. You're not much of a wordsmith, are you?

Go to 19:55 to learn a lesson about balance Dershowitz gleaned from a Talmudic story.

Edited by Bob

I live in greater Vancouver, there's a number of indoor & outdoor ranges within the lower mainland......not too mention, one needs only drive a few hours to find some good hunting areas...Moose, white tail, wild turkey....

My son lives in the greator Vancouver area so I am familiar with what you are speaking about.

What about those Bacon brothers!!!!

Guest Derek L

My son lives in the greator Vancouver area so I am familiar with what you are speaking about.

What about those Bacon brothers!!!!

I’m in Coquitlam, and am only a few minutes drive from where they lived in Port Moody……their guns were not legal, and likely were obtained through the black market and/or stolen……in no way, shape or form did the registry prevent them from obtaining guns…….in some ways, with the right connections, it’s easier to purchase an illegal gun then it is one that is legal……I waited a few weeks recently to purchase a legal revolver, then register it, obtain a the transport licence and pay a fortune for ammo……criminals can make a call on a cellphone and pick one up, commit a crime then dump it in the Fraser river all within one day……To be quite honest, I’ve no problem registering handguns or black/military surplus rifles the same way one registers a car, but the requirements on long guns (hunting rifles) and shotguns for hunting or sport is a joke……same with how they determine which guns are ok to own and which are not…..I own a number of handguns & rifles/shotguns (all legal) that are equal or better then what the police/military use, again all perfectly legal, but owning some small calibre (.25 &.32) pistols are prohibited because of barrel length….One can’t purchase a Barret .50 calibre rifle in Canada (because it’s scary looking?) but I could purchase a .50 made by Steyr…..The laws make no sense.