Car Quiz

Topaz

I found this quiz and I thought someone of you would like to try it. You have to ID car tail lights from the 60's- the present. I got 17/35, mostly IDing the 60's and I am not really up on the 2000's cars but for a WOMAN, I think I did fairly well. Try it. http://www.driving.ca/quiz/taillights/quiz.html

I got 30/35! Yay for kimmy! I attribute this score to the men in my life who've dragged me to car shows, and to many hours wasted playing Need For Speed computer games.

-k

I got 30/35! Yay for kimmy! I attribute this score to the men in my life who've dragged me to car shows, and to many hours wasted playing Need For Speed computer games.

-k

Go going Kimmy, I'm not up on the present day cars, they almost look alike but I guess the tail lights are different.

Lol, those of us who are younger and only went out and started learning about cars in preparation to buy one a few years ago :)

Heh...when my 1972 Torino...or 1965 Mustang (Coup)...or 1980 Ford F-100 Stepside broke...I could fix it. Then I bought an 1988 Merc Sable...nice car...but good gosh under the hood. Took 16 hours just to replace the #@*&*$ heater core...required removal of electronic dash...drop the steering...remove the seats...not always in that order. Pain.

:lol:

Yeah I can't really make heads or tails of what's under my Honda Fit's hood... then again, it's run perfect for 3 years now so I don't really need to either.

Throw-away cars...much like a bic lighter.

Now these suckers went fast...light body...BIG engine...high gearing. Cruised at 120...that's miles per hour.

Chevy Nova

When I was a kid, my neighbour friends all worked on their muscle cars. One loaned me his car for my driver test, a 1965 Chevy convertible 396 SS, with a 4 speed Muncie and custom rear end gears. I think I passed my licence 'cuz the car scared the examiner and he just wanted to get rid of me!

A few years later I was ready to buy my own first car but the OPEC crunch had hit, sending gas prices skyhigh. Everyone was scrapping their big blocks and buying little gas misers. Power disappeared almost overnight.

After that, I could never get the joy of that rear-wheel drive big block power again! Front wheel drive and small blocks just didn't cut it. Once salesman sat me in a Chrysler Daytona Turbo and said,"Feel that! 140 Horsepower when the turbo kicks in!"

I just looked at him. "The cars I used to drive, they got 140 HP out of the starter motor!"

So, all I care about is air conditioning and how many speakers. I began to drive vans for the convenience of the room. Why not? There was no power thrill to be had! There was and is nothing much available that's affordable for the average guy.

So I totally failed the test! Once they switched to front wheel drive and more "aerodynamic" styling, pretty well all cars look the same to me. About the only one that I can recognize is a P T Cruiser.

When I was a kid, my neighbour friends all worked on their muscle cars. One loaned me his car for my driver test, a 1965 Chevy convertible 396 SS, with a 4 speed Muncie and custom rear end gears. I think I passed my licence 'cuz the car scared the examiner and he just wanted to get rid of me!

A few years later I was ready to buy my own first car but the OPEC crunch had hit, sending gas prices skyhigh. Everyone was scrapping their big blocks and buying little gas misers. Power disappeared almost overnight.

After that, I could never get the joy of that rear-wheel drive big block power again! Front wheel drive and small blocks just didn't cut it. Once salesman sat me in a Chrysler Daytona Turbo and said,"Feel that! 140 Horsepower when the turbo kicks in!"

I just looked at him. "The cars I used to drive, they got 140 HP out of the starter motor!"

So, all I care about is air conditioning and how many speakers. I began to drive vans for the convenience of the room. Why not? There was no power thrill to be had! There was and is nothing much available that's affordable for the average guy.

So I totally failed the test! Once they switched to front wheel drive and more "aerodynamic" styling, pretty well all cars look the same to me. About the only one that I can recognize is a P T Cruiser.

Yup...those were the days. Cars are boring now.