British Petroleum....had better cough up the cash!

We can survive without it. We did it before. We can and will adapt. Besides this oil is not going to last forever. It seems that you can't and won't live without it.

Not in you lifetime....oil, distillates, and other refined products will always be a possibility and choice based on economics. That is the decision you make every day but don't want to admit it.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... Domination of other human being through oil will see it's day..eventually people will wake up and see the king has no clothes and King Oil - is a con man.

Oh please....this bullshit "oh woe is me/us" track has lost its novelty. You can join Ted Kasinski in the wilderness if you wish, but the collective choice is more oil, not less so far.

Not in you lifetime....oil, distillates, and other refined products will always be a possibility and choice based on economics. That is the decision you make every day but don't want to admit it.

Still get a kick out of you - at least by moderating your sentiments regarding AMERICAN wealth - you might just get your point across. But you know and I know that oil is poorly managed and should not be a substance that generates wealth be destroys the quality of natural life - what is the point of money if there is no beauty to enjoy it in?

Still get a kick out of you - at least by moderating your sentiments regarding AMERICAN wealth - you might just get your point across. But you know and I know that oil is poorly managed and should not be a substance that generates wealth be destroys the quality of natural life - what is the point of money if there is no beauty to enjoy it in?

Beauty comes in may forms....not just your version.

Beauty comes in may forms....not just your version.

Like sex is not a combination of ones and zeros..as you once so put it...naw - some think that killing a bunch of people for sport is a beautiful thing - reality dictates that it is ugly. So to you some poor oil soaked bird and a crying fisherman's wife is a thing to behold - as beauty?

I got you on this one - there is only one sense or version of beauty - it is either beautiful or it is ugly..it is either alive or it is dead - but in YOUR culture death in the media and in so-called artistic motion pictures has become a tradition and a thing of beauty - I swear that some ugly AMERICAN hag with a 500 dollar hair cut convinced her important husband during a blow job to bomb Iraq - all because she is ugly in comparison to Iraqi and Afghan woman...the Ugly America has always been jealous of beauty because they are a utlitarian society where ugly and mediocre rule though violence - This spill is a form of violence - against yourselves - looks good on you - it is a thing of beauty - I suppose?

Like sex is not a combination of ones and zeros..as you once so put it...naw - some think that killing a bunch of people for sport is a beautiful thing - reality dictates that it is ugly. So to you some poor oil soaked bird and a crying fisherman's wife is a thing to behold - as beauty?

Sure...or to use the hackneyed words of artists like you....the oil soaked bird and woman are "part of the human condition".

I got you on this one - there is only one sense or version of beauty - it is either beautiful or it is ugly..it is either alive or it is dead - but in YOUR culture death in the media and in so-called artistic motion pictures has become a tradition and a thing of beauty - I swear that some ugly AMERICAN hag with a 500 dollar hair cut convinced her important husband during a blow job to bomb Iraq - all because she is ugly in comparison to Iraqi and Afghan woman...the Ugly America has always been jealous of beauty because they are a utlitarian society where ugly and mediocre rule though violence - This spill is a form of violence - against yourselves - looks good on you - it is a thing of beauty - I suppose?

It is what it is...you are certainly watching the show (as always). The earth will always be beautiful, regardless of whether we are here to eat crawdads or not.

...but you are still addicted. Your "place of work" and countless other products and services would not exist let alone be affordable without the energy density and material derivatives of petroleum and refined distillates.

That energy density you refer to was created over vast scales of time, and we are using them up in a split second on the geologic time scale. Setting the evidence that the environment cannot sustain our carbon-intensive economy much longer, the simple fact remains that arctic, deep sea oil drilling, and tar sands, serve as evidence that the easy to access oil is drying up already.

The Oil Age will end either willingly with alternative energy sources, or when a dirty, dying, decrepit civilization has exhausted the last of the tar sands and shale oils.

Nonsense as usual...Exxon has paid and is currently liable for punitive damages and interest payments of more than $1 billion. Original court awards were about $5 billion.

Wrong again!

but which Exxon fought for 20 years until the Supreme Court lessened its burden to just $507 million).

http://blogs.reuters.com/environment/2010/05/02/lessons-from-the-exxon-valdez-spill/

That article also mentioned another example of Big Oil's criminal negligence that hasn't been discussed yet; note that BP is refusing to allow the fishermen who've been hired as cleanup workers to wear breathing masks. Apparently they are endangering the health and lives of cleanup workers for PR reasons....guys wearing breathing masks makes the scene look polluted and toxic! And yes there is precedence for this careless endangerment of human lives:

During the Exxon Valdez spill, health problems among cleanup workers became so widespread, so fast, that medical doctors, among others, sounded warnings. Dr. Robert Rigg, former Alaska medical director for Standard Alaska (BP), warned, “It is a known fact that neurologic changes (brain damage), skin disorders (including cancer), liver and kidney damage, cancer of other organ systems, and medical complications–secondary to exposure to working unprotected in (or inadequately protected)–can and will occur to workers exposed to crude oil and other petrochemical by-products. While short-term complaints, i.e., skin irritation, nausea, dizziness, pulmonary symptoms, etc., may be the initial signs of exposure and toxicity, the more serious long-term effects must be prevented.”[1]

Unfortunately, Exxon called the short-term symptoms, “the Valdez Crud,” and dismissed 6,722 cases of respiratory claims from cleanup workers as “colds or flu” using an exemption under OSHA’s hazardous waste cleanup reporting requirements.[2]

Sadly, sick Exxon cleanup workers were left to suffer and pay their own medical expenses. I know of many who have been disabled by their illnesses – or have died. http://blogs.reuters.com/environment/2010/05/02/lessons-from-the-exxon-valdez-spill/

Oh please....this bullshit "oh woe is me/us" track has lost its novelty. You can join Ted Kasinski in the wilderness if you wish, but the collective choice is more oil, not less so far.

You sure have a knack for subtle slander my friend...."Ted Kasinski"??? - wasn't that some murderous nut that created boom boom devices to harm professors at some university or something? How the hell to you connect me and some bad guy? The wilderness is a nice place - and it is a place of ultimate natural beauty - you have a problem with nature? Seems nature has generated a little blow back as you guys say..and now it is spitting in your face - black thick poisonous spit.

Sure...or to use the hackneyed words of artists like you....the oil soaked bird and woman are "part of the human condition".

It is what it is...you are certainly watching the show (as always). The earth will always be beautiful, regardless of whether we are here to eat crawdads or not.

Always watching the show is my stock and trade - been watching since I was a tiny white haired boy with darkened eyes - and always slightly apprehensive of humanity in general - call me empathic if you wish. I have in my mature days come to the realization that this heavenly planet is my home and some are mere destructive invaders passing through. REMEMBER artist or art is artifice - artifical..you are more the artist than I _ me I am just a centric realist - and that is a bit of a problem living amongst ...those that are eccentric.

Why is it standard in the world that the rich, ambitious and powerful make a mess and we are always the ones to clean up that mess at our expense - the rich never spend their own money - they always spend ours..which make the poor dears our wards.

As we approach the land of OZ and finally enter - we pull back the curtain and there is no one there..Folks from what I see regarding British Petro and the Washington boys is that there are no leaders..none! There is no sinister man behind the curtain - he does not exist ...this whole mess keeps on leaking about because...our complex and bureaucratic system is like a run away machine on auto-pilot - when it is all over there will be no one to look for the black box.

It is quite insane that Obama is talking about money and compensation ---It is like an insurance person coming to your house..and giving you a cheaque for fire damage while you are sitting on your house with the place engulfed in flames - You call the fire department FIRST and you put out the fire - then you talk money...as for the "clean up" --imaging a sewer pipe breaking and your house is being flooded with sit and all sorts of other poisons - You DON'T gather a team to clean up the mess while the pipe is pouring shit on your head and no end is in sight as far as the supply stopping..you shut off the shit.

BP knows how to shut down a well - they simply do not want too - nor does Obama and the boys want to - OIL is more important than people and natural resourses..oil is NOT a natural resourse..it was never meant to be sucked out of the ground and used as the life blood for humanity.

What are my other options right now? I don't really have any because there are no other choices.

What are my other options right now? I don't really have any because there are no other choices.

There are other choices - do we really need - thrity million cars traveling every morning.... that carry workers who are involved in the information trade that generates only ariticial wealth - workers whose real job is simply to burn fuel? It is not about "green" It is about better management of energy - when they say "AMERICA" needs energy and will fight to get it...is stupid - America wastes about 90% of the oil it consumes...10% is sustainable,, 100 and 10% is not.

Even a simplton like me who as they walk across the river look down on the Park Way and see grid lock that goes on for 30 miles at a time..four damned lanes of it...It is easy to understand that this so called economy is utterly stupid - what person gets into a vehicle and burns enough fuel to generate life of 100 people everyday? OIL insanity has peaked - we have reached peak oil...It is down hill from here. BUT human beings will idle their engines all the way down that hill when gravity that is for free will get them to the destination...we are not smart - we are a stupid and confused species.

There's no need to respond to such remarks, which aren't serious anyway, but are cowardly missives meant to close down criticism. At some level, particularly in democracies, we all hold some responsibility for what goes on. So when hypocrites start calling you a hypocrite...claiming that ALL criticism of the status quo is hypocrisy (except their own, of course!)no need to take it seriously. Laugh at the pantywaists who are frightened of debate and move on.

There's no need to respond to such remarks, which aren't serious anyway, but are cowardly missives meant to close down criticism. At some level, particularly in democracies, we all hold some responsibility for what goes on. So when hypocrites start calling you a hypocrite...claiming that ALL criticism of the status quo is hypocrisy (except their own, of course!)no need to take it seriously. Laugh at the pantywaists who are frightened of debate and move on.

YOU mean that our American member BC is a pantywaist? He does seem to stick to the status quo even if it means his own distruction - I would call that a fanatic.

YES it was quite spectacular when the governmental investigative committee..grilled ..what's his name the angel faced CEO of British Petroleum.. It was exactly like a commie show trial but capitalist style - The CEO sat there like the king pin drug dealer being questioned by high ranking oil addicts and street level distributors.

WHAT was really cool was the fact that ALL of them were play acting...The British guy..knows it's just a show and nothing will happen to him in the end - The committee also are in on it - they are all part and parcel of the same massive operation that is big oil and big business - but they had to put on a show for the common folk - which they did in an expertly deceptive lawyerish manner. No wonder that the BP CEO did not need a counsel..They sent him all the questions before hand so his laywers could brief and coach him to keep up this massive institutional fraud.

WHAT WERE THE FINDINGS?

Number one - super rich and powerful people are the most cheap mother f**kers on earth - some guy decides to pocket a few million which now will cost them billions - but not really they like in all high end litigations just pass the money from one rich guy to the next - Look at the Tsunami money - absorbed - Look at the Katrina money - also absorbed and now look at..the slush fund that is supposed to go out to the small guy - yet to be absorbed by the big lieing dogs.

Number two - powerfully rich people NEVER really give money to their lessors - it is against their corporate religion..by the way where is that Clinton Cash gathered up for Haiti? Probably generating interest somewhere and not for some poor dumb black kid missing a leg.

All is well that ends well - they posture and created great theatre today as Rome burned.

OH AND FINALLY- it is just amazing that oil merchants are in partnership with folks in Iran - who are supposed to be the sworn enemies of AMERICA at present..no wonder they can't find that Saudi Arabian Prince _ Bin Laden..so what else is new - Prescot Bush sold weapons and ammo to the Nazis....and two sons became presendent - Old Joe Kennedy enriched our bootleggers and now their grand children run most of the buisness and courts in Canada - so I guess I was right - just as my pops said "there are no good guys" _ so I am joining up with the bad guys with all the money _ OLEG BACH SELLS OUT!

These corruptive problems do not come from the top - they leak up from the bottom ...the stench of the unwashed and debased mass - has facilitate this shit..I blame the people at the bottom who never stuck up for what was right..the common guy - and now the common guy will suffer ..

Who is ultimately to blame for this environmental disaster..who was in control of BP? Was there not a regulatory organization controlled by the American administration that made the decisions on what was allowed and what was not? Were these overseeing group of people suffering from debauchery and corruption? Was it not the Americans that facilitate this disaster _ To blame BP is like blaming the Jews for executing Jesus Christ - It was the Romans who controlled the police force - the courts and who carried out the execution..America was in control - not British Petroleum.

BP is showing submission to the Americans. It's still just a game - all oil companies are inter-connected - and all shares in such companies are also held by members of congress and their friends - so in eccense - the dividends are being paid out to share holders under the guise of national relief - 2 billion bucks will end up with the already rich - and a few bucks will go to some fisherman or resturanteur who's shrimp MIGHT be tainted...

THAT'S the real big picture - the insiders and more shrewd members of this committee..who were grilling the BP CEO - know full well that they will profit by taking money from BP - and BP will simply have paid it's biggest fine to date - 2 billion and up! It is still the price of doing business. The BP CEO is a great actor - so are the chumps with the stern faces who never gave a shit about the environment to begin with - If they did care about the people and their natural and social environs..they would have had stricter control over BP - they did not because that restricts the flow of profits.