Lesbian teacher told to work from home

Guest TrueMetis

She is not married.

According to those who have personally known her for years, she is straight.

As if this matters at all.

And I can't imagine how her being Jewish is of any significance.

Culture and cultural values are significant. If she is a Jewish extremist who had a grand mother teach her to hold gentiles in quiet loathing and contempt - combined with perhaps a lesbianism that we do not know about - It could lead to poor rulings that might not benefit society at large..maybe she is a racist..maybe she really does not like males.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Culture and cultural values are significant. If she is a Jewish extremist who had a grand mother teach her to hold gentiles in quiet loathing and contempt - combined with perhaps a lesbianism that we do not know about - It could lead to poor rulings that might not benefit society at large..maybe she is a racist..maybe she really does not like males.

get back on topic!!

I admit I don't know the number of Jewish extremists who hate gentiles, but it would appear to be very small.

As for the possible lesbianism...first of all, like I said, everybody who knows her says she's straight; second, it doesn't matter. There are lesbians all around you, Oleg, and they don't hate males.

Ok can we get back to the laws at hand

You can not discriminated against a person's orientation EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....

Yes, of course. Unless you are a Catholic, Muslim, Hindu, or some other private school where the constitution allows for groups to define their membership.

I admit I don't know the number of Jewish extremists who hate gentiles, but it would appear to be very small.

As for the possible lesbianism...first of all, like I said, everybody who knows her says she's straight; second, it doesn't matter. There are lesbians all around you, Oleg, and they don't hate males.

I know..I lived with one for two years and she sure like my maleness..i guess the point about Obamas nomination of what might be a Jewish Lesbian lays in the idea that she is simply a very unattractive female..with this may come a type of strange inferiority complex that might manifest in rulings based in sheer personal spite..That is a possibilty..as far as male hate there are straight woman who hate males and are sexist...

Having mentioned that..come to think of it- I always got along well with lesbians and they can be seduced. IF you are a good and loving man...from my experience I believe that sexuality is a small part of this issue- it is a spiritual issue..and good spirits will recognize other good spirited people- nasty people cluster and conspire to bring harm to the good-- out of sheer spite and common jealousy.

Freedom of religion means freedom to discriminate in hiring, period.

This has been going on for years, and changing it will have a lot of negative ramifications for freedom in Canada.

We dont need to change it but we should make sure we dont endorse it. Let outfits like this do what they want but just make sure they get no public funding, tax breaks, or government recognition of the degrees, certificates, and diplomas they hand out.

They'll come around pretty fast if you do that and I dont see freedom suffering much at all.

Although I'm all for letting religious schools fund themselves, if you frame it as a bribe (in effect, giving them money to not be religious) then I think that could be a problem constitutionally.

You wouldnt be giving them money to not be religious. You would simply be saying that in order for an institution to get public funding and recognition that have to meet certain standards. This is completely normal for all kinds of government grants, taxbreaks, and contracts. When my business interacts with the government theres all kinds of rules I have to follow.

The REAL affront to freedom here is that Canadas lesbian community is FORCED to encourage and fund this kind of behavior... if they refuse theyd be criminalzed as tax evaders.

BTW... can you imagine the outrage if the tables were turned here, and a government subsidized company was dismissing an employee because they were a christian or a jew? The VICTIM CARD would come out so fast it would knock you on your ass.

The REAL affront to freedom here is that Canadas lesbian community is FORCED to encourage and fund this kind of behavior... if they refuse theyd be criminalzed as tax evaders.

This is usually given as an argument by Libertarians: "I'm forced to pay for the education, healthcare, roads of others, etc."

BTW... can you imagine the outrage if the tables were turned here, and a government subsidized company was dismissing an employee because they were a christian or a jew? The VICTIM CARD would come out so fast it would knock you on your ass.

I can't see the relevance of imagining a completely different situation in the middle of this discussion.

Can you imagine the furor if a giant ape scaled the Empire State Building ?

This is usually given as an argument by Libertarians: "I'm forced to pay for the education, healthcare, roads of others, etc."

I can't see the relevance of imagining a completely different situation in the middle of this discussion.

Its not a completely different situation. Why is discrimination based on sexual orientation or race, or gender any different than discrimination based on religion?

Irrelevant non-response. Its normal operating procedure for the government to not sanction activity thats overly contraversal or offensive to lots of taxpayers and voters, and thats the reason that government money usually comes with strings attached.

Shrugs... thats on par with the rest of your argument I guess.

Edited by dre

Its not a completely different situation. Why is discrimination based on sexual orientation or race, or gender any different than discrimination based on religion?

Because one is allowed by law, and provided for in the constitution and one is not.

I was naked in my shower this morning - could you imagine if I had been so at City Hall ?

Irrelevant non-response. Its normal operating procedure for the government to not sanction activity thats overly contraversal or offensive to lots of taxpayers and voters, and thats the reason that government money usually comes with strings attached.

And also why they fund religious education in the first place. More interest controversies are those that involve the government taking unpopular positions. Doesn't happen as often.

Shrugs... thats on par with the rest of your argument I guess.

Analogy, it is.

Freedom of religion means freedom to discriminate in hiring, period.

This has been going on for years, and changing it will have a lot of negative ramifications for freedom in Canada.

This is the result of insidious religious right which is infiltrating the governments at all levels.

We dont need to change it but we should make sure we dont endorse it. Let outfits like this do what they want but just make sure they get no public funding, tax breaks, or government recognition of the degrees, certificates, and diplomas they hand out.

They'll come around pretty fast if you do that and I dont see freedom suffering much at all.

The Federal government is closeted supporters of this type of attacks on the women's rights, same sex marriages, lesbians, homosextials, the poor etc. The religious right is infiltrating all of the world governments, either directly or indirectly as supporters. Big concern.

It is paid already, with a lean mean budget and a fair contribution from government revenues. Sorry, as taxpayers we can't pick and choose what we want our tax money to go to.

In British Columbia, our government says we have only one choice where major part of our taxes (cuts in other areas) go to pay for the "Olympic Legacy".

Not really. It was part of the government, and all of society, to a greater degree when religious rights were baked into the constitution.

Right but Im not saying that we should stop them from engaging in this behavior... Im saying the government should not support this kind of behavior with funding.

And theres no religious right to free public money. Nobodies rights or freedoms would be violated in any way if public funding was revoked.

Edited by dre

This is the result of insidious religious right which is infiltrating the governments at all levels.

I would worry more about those secularists who are infiltrating governments with their own new home spun religion. A code of ethics that is not tried and true through time.

ALSO - remember that on the far left Carl Marx was a religious figure as was Hitler on the far right - which do you choose?

We don't choose; we forge a different path.

Also, there is very little of a code of ethics inspired by religion; mostly there are competing codes among religions; and even contradictory ones within religions.

We don't choose; we forge a different path.

Also, there is very little of a code of ethics inspired by religion; mostly there are competing codes among religions; and even contradictory ones within religions.

My favorite twisting of religion is the "turn the other cheek" bit - it is so revised and warped that it seems that the idea was installed so bad people can subjugate good people via force - and the good submit..Christianity was originally an order put together for the sake of a clever rebellion against the state - but the Roman state high jacked the concepts - gave them a few twists and there you go - church and state have always been one.

My link

If this is true can we go ahead and cut their funding?

“[W]hile homosexuals vehemently reject being considered mentally ill, they have no problems regarding those who dislike homosexuality as mentally ill.”

“Opposition to some demands of homosexuals need not necessarily follow from the hatred of homosexuals. Likewise, someone may find homosexual behaviors disgusting but not oppose several demands of homosexuals out of a sense of justice or fairness.”

http://www.homosexinfo.org/Homophobia/HomePage

“[W]hile homosexuals vehemently reject being considered mentally ill, they have no problems regarding those who dislike homosexuality as mentally ill.”

If people who disliked homosexuals were simply crazy, then we wouldn't need hate laws. Such folks could be committed. But the homosexual community tends to support hate laws don't they ?