Les Habitants son La!

My opinion is tainted by my huge dislike of that team (GO NORDIQUES GO :P ) but this year's Habs team does not have the talent to match their hearts. They will end up like the Flames in 2004 and the Oilers in 2010... fightinh gloriously bu losing in the end. And because they play the Penguins in the next round instead of later, their run will end in the seventh game of the Conference semi-final.

And because they play the Penguins in the next round instead of later, their run will end in the seventh game of the Conference semi-final.

Because beating the team that finished first is easier than beating a team that finished eighth?

Anything can certainly happen...but betting against the Habs is like betting for the leafs...

Edited by M.Dancer

The Capitals are the world's highest-paid pond-hockey team. The Penguins are the defending champs.

The way Halak is playing, the Canadiens have a chance... but things are about to get a lot tougher for them.

-k

Because beating the team that finished first is easier than beating a team that finished eighth?

Anything can certainly happen...but betting against the Habs is like betting for the leafs...

Depends on what the team is. The Capitals thought they had it pocketted after leading 3-1 games. Heck, most people thought it too. The Pens will not make the same error.

And betting against the Habs is NOT like betting for the Leafs. When betting against the Habs, there is a chance thatyou'll win your bet. Totally impossible if you bet for the Leafs :lol: .

Edited by CANADIEN

And betting against the Habs is NOT like betting for the Leafs. When betting against the Habs, there is a chance thatyou'll win your bet. Totally impossible if you bet for the Leafs :lol: .

Vraiment, mon ami!

I just can't understand why Toronto supports the Leafs! Every year the outcome is a foregone conclusion. You KNOW they won't win!

Yet seats still cost hundreds of dollars! I wouldn't pay $10!

The Jays are starting to go the same way. Every year is "a rebuilding year". Still, attendance has dropped dramatically and maybe that will get through some thick beancounter heads that fans don't expect a winner every year but they do expect there's at least a real chance of being a contender!

If you're too cheap investing in your product then why would you expect the fans to be excited?

I guess because somehow, at least for the Leafs, fans will perpetually support a LOSER!

Vraiment, mon ami!

I just can't understand why Toronto supports the Leafs! Every year the outcome is a foregone conclusion. You KNOW they won't win!

Yet seats still cost hundreds of dollars! I wouldn't pay $10!

The Jays are starting to go the same way. Every year is "a rebuilding year". Still, attendance has dropped dramatically and maybe that will get through some thick beancounter heads that fans don't expect a winner every year but they do expect there's at least a real chance of being a contender!

Ah, the Jays! I remember the days of promise, many years ago! It seems so, so over.

I guess because somehow, at least for the Leafs, fans will perpetually support a LOSER!

There always is a hardcore fan base for the Leafs, who arguably have the most loyal fans of all. (I'm not one, but just trying to understand it in a generous way. :) )

Red Sox fans can no doubt sympathize...but then, they at least get to win every now and then, so maybe not....

MapleLeafSports, or Losers-R-Us, don't seem to be paying attention to anything but money. This is a sign of not feeding the goose that lays the golden eggs. My brother is a high school teacher in Toronto, and the kids don't care about hockey. It's basketball and soccer. Whereas the Leafs were always a topic of conversation in the workplace, even when they lost, I haven't heard them brought up in the workplace for years.

I think that they may slip from the public consciousness, unless of course they win - which is impossible.

I have been a Leaf fan for decades, but enough is enough.

MapleLeafSports, or Losers-R-Us, don't seem to be paying attention to anything but money. This is a sign of not feeding the goose that lays the golden eggs. My brother is a high school teacher in Toronto, and the kids don't care about hockey. It's basketball and soccer. Whereas the Leafs were always a topic of conversation in the workplace, even when they lost, I haven't heard them brought up in the workplace for years.

I think that they may slip from the public consciousness, unless of course they win - which is impossible.

I have been a Leaf fan for decades, but enough is enough.

My daughter's school had the opportunity to watch the leafs practice at one of the local outdoor rinks. The kids (boys mostly) are rabid hockey fans...and basketball fans....

As for the leafs....

My daughter's school had the opportunity to watch the leafs practice at one of the local outdoor rinks. The kids (boys mostly) are rabid hockey fans...and basketball fans....

As for the leafs....

Did they go ? Maybe it has something to do with the fact that my brother's school has a high number of new Canadians...

Did they go ? Maybe it has something to do with the fact that my brother's school has a high number of new Canadians...

Of course they went. Her school also won the one of the city championships (for that grade).

Où sont les Habitants ? Je n'en sais rien.

And frankly, I hate this empty flag-waving. But I do admire Americans who loudly enourage a hockey team of Canadians in Washington - while Canadians loudly encourage a baseball team of Americans in Toronto.

How wonderful it is to live in a world where people shout for their team, regardless of where their team was born.

America - a wonderful, civilizing invention: an invention that too many Canadians sadly take for granted.

Edited by August1991

Montreal will win the Cup.

You were calling for a Montreal Detroit final last year. Habs got swept in the first round. I am a Habs fan by the way. Didn't anyone ever teach you about jinxing? Habs chances are pretty slim. I still hope of course. Do not jinx us!!

The Capitals are the world's highest-paid pond-hockey team. The Penguins are the defending champs.

The way Halak is playing, the Canadiens have a chance... but things are about to get a lot tougher for them.

-k

The Caps are a good team but have some holes. The offense was good. Ovechkin was not shut down either. He got like 4 goals and 10 points in total. He was partially shut down lets say. They don't play any system other than run and gun. Better coaching might have led to a much different result. Combine the fact that Halak pulled off a miracle in the last three games with the Ovechkin goal being called back (which could have easily been let go) Habs were pretty lucky.

Pens might be tougher for the Habs, but sometimes certain teams match better as well. I don't think the Pens are as good as last year. I think Ottawa exposed some weaknesses, and their goaltending did not look so strong. Ottawa also suffered from some key injuries.

But really I dont know what will happen. Playoff hockey is bizarre. Hope the habs can win this series though!

Edited by jefferiah

And because they play the Penguins in the next round instead of later, their run will end in the seventh game of the Conference semi-final.

na na na na

na na na na

hey ho oh

Good bye!

• 2 weeks later...

Cre-moe, cre-moe pas,

Quelque part en alaska

Y'a un phoque qui s'ennuie en maudit

---

I don't follow hockey but I gather that Montreal lost the game tonight. (I didn't hear honking in the streets.)

I am tempted to follow soccer (football) and hope that Argentina wins. Why? I want to understand this fanaticism better and I have no connection to Argentina.

Does Argentina have a good football team? I reckon that they must, given the climate and being South American and so on.

Go Argentina Go!!!

Edited by August1991