Slam The Doors On Immigration

This is quite a politically incorrect Indo-Canadian outlook. This person pulls no punches... wow

http://www.indocanadaoutlook.com/0410_slam_the_doors_on_immigration.html

The Canadian media is exulting in recent immigration figures showing a burgeoning non white population. Few dare to challenge the gods of political correctness or label the trends as anything but cause for celebration.

As a director with Canada's largest Hindu advocacy, let me be very clear : we consider the new immigration stats as a disaster in the making.

This is because Canada's immigration differs radically from the successful US strategy.

America has achieved technological supremacy with a Silicon Valley staffed by the best and the brightest. Hindus and Jews have the highest per capita income in the US, double that of the white majority. The best doctors, engineers, and entrepreneurs come from these two communities.

But Canada does not have and will never have a Silicon Valley. Statistics show that Canada's 'South Asians' have lower incomes than white Canadians, and the only thing that immigration will accomplish is the growth of an angry embittered underclass.

This is because Canadian 'South Asians' are drawn from regions with lower education levels, high corruption, civil wars, and terrorism. America, on the other hand, has recruited predominantly from India's most industrially and technologically advanced areas, specifically Gujurat and South India.

Our often corrupt and poorly trained immigration bureaucrats control the assignment of points for skills, which differs from the US where American corporations call the shots. As a result, many immigrants arrive with impressive-sounding degrees and credentials which mean little in our workplace. In some parts of the world, these degrees can even be acquired from universities with small bribes.

The Liberal Party, which ruled Canada through most of its recent history, created vote banks of Muslims and Sikhs. Many immigrants come from terror-racked Islamic states like Pakistan and Bangladesh. The 1980s also saw a massive influx of Sikhs from India's terror-infested Punjab state.

Canada's Punjab consular office has one of the highest rates of fraud, many times higher than New Delhi. This reflects the extremely high corruption rates in Punjab compared to the rest of India.

Most regions which supply immigrants to Canada have very little in terms of industrial or technological skill base. Punjab, for example, is rich in agriculture yet deficient in industrialization.

The impact of sourcing most immigrants from these regions is clear. Khalistani Sikh terrorists from Punjab are suspected to have slaughtered 330 mostly Hindus in the Air India bombing.

Muslim immigration doubled in the 1990s, and anti-Semitism is now an epidemic on streets and campuses, with Canadian universities creating the cancerous 'Israel Apartheid Week'.

-snip-

We do not have many highly-skilled immigrants. We have not nurtured an environment to attract them. Nor do we really need them.

It is high time to slam the doors shut and put up a no-vacancy sign.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Kind of speechless.

With the looming retirement of the baby boomers, somebody has to pay the compounding medical costs and social services though. Who will that be, we as Canadians certainly aren't providing them.

I think they really ought to encourage having Children. Further programs to cut taxes for child bearing families, and eliminate them for single mothers.

The only evidence I've seen suggests that most immigrant groups overachieve in postsecondary education and benefit accordingly by the second generation:

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/cgi-bin/af-fdr.cgi?l=eng&loc=/pub/11f0019m/11f0019m2008308-eng.pdf

Indo Canadians are second in this regard only to Chinese Canadians and above 'regular' Canadians.

Wow. Kind of speechless.

With the looming retirement of the baby boomers, somebody has to pay the compounding medical costs and social services though. Who will that be, we as Canadians certainly aren't providing them.

I think they really ought to encourage having Children. Further programs to cut taxes for child bearing families, and eliminate them for single mothers.

As long as immigrants are allowed to sponsor their parents and grandparents for immigration this is a failed strategy. Hard hearted maybe but simple arithmetic.

The only evidence I've seen suggests that most immigrant groups overachieve in postsecondary education and benefit accordingly by the second generation:

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/cgi-bin/af-fdr.cgi?l=eng&loc=/pub/11f0019m/11f0019m2008308-eng.pdf

Indo Canadians are second in this regard only to Chinese Canadians and above 'regular' Canadians.

yup...there's nothing like living in poverty stricken countries to reinforce how important education is, immigrants from India and China do exceed "regular" Canadians in education as do their Canadian born children...Canadians in general are very spoiled and need to work very little to have a comfortable life with minimal education, most Canadians have no idea how hard or long people must work in third world countries just to put food on the table...

If it's "not" hard to argue why don't you argue instead of simply call names?

only on your third post here :) welcome ...racism is rampant on this forum as you'll soon find out, it's pointless to argue with them... Edited by wyly

As long as immigrants are allowed to sponsor their parents and grandparents for immigration this is a failed strategy. Hard hearted maybe but simple arithmetic.

Depends how you keep score. If money is the only means, then agreed.

But when we print somebody a passport, we accept them as a Canadian. Does a Canadian not deserve to be able to bring there grandparents here?

Should we all be slaving away at an infinite number of typewriters, ever pursuing that bottom line?

Or should we try and build a nice place to live, where we can have some economic productions, and some losses that are traded for quality of life?

I'd like to live in the second one, that's how I view present Canada, although I think we've moved much to far away from the bottom line and we're paying for it now.

Wow. Kind of speechless.

no amount of incentive will make people have more kids, people found out long ago fewer kids means more wealth and better life style...I wish I had fewer, how easy would my life be :D

as well by the time those new generation of kids is old enough(25-35 yrs) to take care of the boomers the boomers will all be dead...

Depends how you keep score. If money is the only means, then agreed.

But when we print somebody a passport, we accept them as a Canadian. Does a Canadian not deserve to be able to bring there grandparents here?

Should we all be slaving away at an infinite number of typewriters, ever pursuing that bottom line?

Or should we try and build a nice place to live, where we can have some economic productions, and some losses that are traded for quality of life?

I'd like to live in the second one, that's how I view present Canada, although I think we've moved much to far away from the bottom line and we're paying for it now.

Nothing to do with what someone might deserve. Point is, if you are looking to immigration to solve the problem of an ageing population, think again, it will do the opposite in our system.

Bring in two young talented people who work hard and then let them bring their parents, those two young workers will shortly be supporting four more geezers. Let them sponsor their grandparents and there may be an additional four geezers to support. Simple arithmetic.

Edited by Wilber

Nothing to do with what someone might deserve. Point is, if you are looking to immigration to solve the problem of an ageing population, think again, it will do the opposite in our system.

Bring in two young talented people who work hard and then let them bring their parents, those two young workers will shortly be supporting four more geezers. Let them sponsor their grandparents and there may be an additional four geezers to support. Simple arithmetic.

Oops. Took you out of context. Absolutely agree. No easy answers.

sponsorship means that, they need to support those they sponsor and have the income to do so...plus I know a number of immigrant families and don't know of many that bring in "4 geezers"...

It certainly will not solve the ageing population problem. How many bring in their ageing parents, and remember, the Ruby Dhalla's bill to reduce the qualification time for old age pension from 10 to 3 years is going for 2nd. reading. Can we afford that?

It certainly will not solve the ageing population problem. How many bring in their ageing parents, and remember, the Ruby Dhalla's bill to reduce the qualification time for old age pension from 10 to 3 years is going for 2nd. reading. Can we afford that?

1st reading is a formality...2nd reading is where it will die, it'll never pass...but for Dhalla it's good optics in her riding... Edited by wyly

sponsorship means that, they need to support those they sponsor and have the income to do so...plus I know a number of immigrant families and don't know of many that bring in "4 geezers"...

Sponsor what, all their health care costs for the rest of their lives as well as OAS and GIS? This is what everyone is worrying about with the boomers, why import more of them?

Did "Liberals" really decide to bring in immigrants based upon the idea of creating voting banks for their party?

Old Geezer here. Your answer is yes. Still is amongst some groups. Have to give those Liberals credit they wrapped themselves in the Red and White Pearson flag and showed their colours as a party ,making immigrants believe they were one and the same.

Once upon a time long ,long ago, Canada brought most of it`s immigrants from Europe and they brought many skills needed to build a country.Some were just strong backs and nose to the grind stone types who never for one moment thought of turning to crime or the dole for survival. We were very selective about immigrants past. Refugees were true refugees. We still need immigration so that you young folks can pay for this old parasitic Geezer. We should not be bringing in older geezers into the country that will never produce a dollar but will be a burden on the rest of us. Our immigration policy should be colour blind ,but be tied to bringing in the best and brightest along with the trades we need . Yep we have to discriminate profile if we want to achieve. This Hindu fella sure is not wrong.

My goodness! What have conservatives done to counter this creation of voting banks?

Not a darn thing. They can`t change the Liberal`s Red and White. It is my contention that official multiculturism was the greatest plan that Trudeau ever devised to keep minorities voting Liberal.

Before Trudeau immigrants became Canadian first. Yet still were proud of their heritage. Now we have tribes of other nations that gettoize into their own culture. But I have hope in the children to Canadianize themselves.

But I have hope in the children to Canadianize themselves.

They would if the places they were living in weren't being flooded with a constant stream of additional immigrants from their home countries. As it is, they can't "Canadianize" themselves as "Canada" retreats all around them and they instead grow up in communities identical to those which their parents left.

Anyway, the original opinion piece makes a lot of sense to me. His main contention is that the points system that we have is flawed and inferior to the US system. This is because the points do not necessarily correspond to someone's true employability and value. Replace this system where mainly only people with active job offers from employers can qualify, like the US, and we will get immigrants that are actually get employed, rather than who have fancy degrees that mean nothing.

Anyway, the original opinion piece makes a lot of sense to me. His main contention is that the points system that we have is flawed and inferior to the US system. This is because the points do not necessarily correspond to someone's true employability and value. Replace this system where mainly only people with active job offers from employers can qualify, like the US, and we will get immigrants that are actually get employed, rather than who have fancy degrees that mean nothing.

It's not the point system that is failing us but the inability of immigrants to get their foreign-earned credentials recognized by our professional bodies. Y'know, doctors driving taxis and all that. Where the US clearly has a better immigration system is in this one important detail - immigrants can easily work in their field when they get there.

Funny that this author should be so 'politically incorrect.' A ready made excuse to slough off any criticism of the article or his opinion. However, it would have been more interesting had the author demonstrated a little - and I mean a little - Canadian history, especially that surrounding Canadian immigration history and realize that his views are old hat. He isn't saying that South Asian immigration is bad, just that they are not the 'right kind' of South Asians.

At first, there was criticism that the 'wrong kind' of British subjects were being allowed in - you all remember the Irish don't you? Those drunken, lazy, criminal Irishmen? Then, when immigration was targeted toward Europe in general, we were allowing the 'wrong kind' of caucasian - you know, those drunken, lazy, criminal Slavs? How about those weird Doukhobors? And God forbid, be careful about those Jews - they don't even believe in baby Jesus!

All the wrong types that we allowed in all the while the successful US only imported only the best. Well sort of. Because knowing a little - and I mean a little - US immigration history will show you the exact same thing happened in a United States of America. Not the 'right kinds' of this group or that group. Irish, Slavs, Chinese and, God forbid, those Jews.

So while some may see some sort of justification in this article because it was written by 'one of their own' I see the problem being, not racism, but ignorance. I suppose that if one does not learn the lessons of history, one is condemned to repeat it and, in this case, this author certainly does not know his Canadian history. That, to me, says far more about where he is coming from than the subjects of his criticism.