One can not open some video link in China.

bjre

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TrueMetis

Enlighten me with the particulars of the Australian invasion of China

Must have been while people were focused on killing the First Nations. Though I would love to see Australia invade China.

No, US invade South Korea. China helpped North Korea to drive US invaders out of their country.

probably correct...
Tibet is part of China for at least 1000 years. And China appointted the local native people as something like GG there at that time. Unlike western colonist, kill American native people and move in.

is there a time limit on when Imperialism becomes OK? ...it's not ok for Japan to invade Korea and China and appoint a Governor but ok for China to invade Tibet, Mongolia, Xinjiang and appoint a Governor...conquering a neighboring people is never ok, in fact the UN has laws against that...

probably correct...

is there a time limit on when Imperialism becomes OK? ...it's not ok for Japan to invade Korea and China and appoint a Governor but ok for China to invade Tibet, Mongolia, Xinjiang and appoint a Governor...conquering a neighboring people is never ok, in fact the UN has laws against that...

So what, all European-origin people go away from north and south America, Australia, south Africa and others, return back to Europe and waiting local aboriginal native people to fond their own countries and then apply immigration again. ok?

Edited by bjre

So what, all European-origin people go away from north and south America, Australia, south Africa and others, return back to Europe and waiting local aboriginal native people to fond their own countries and then apply immigration again. ok?

fair point...but this isn't hundreds of years ago this is now the colonization of Tibet and Xinjiang is on going the Chinese are clearly not welcome...the best Canada can do is honor our agreements with native people and continue negotiating legal treaties, plus Canadians are not allowed to encroach on native land...and unlike Canada China does not allow the option for it's provinces to vote on separation...

fair point...but this isn't hundreds of years ago this is now the colonization of Tibet and Xinjiang is on going

Not really. These areas have been under Chinese control for some time. This would be akin to referring to colonization of Scotland by Englishmen, or colonization of Alberta by Maritimers, for example. Not really an issue, since both have been part of the same state for quite some time.

The problem with Chinese actions in Tibet and Xianjing are to do with repression, not with colonization.

Not really. These areas have been under Chinese control for some time. This would be akin to referring to colonization of Scotland by Englishmen, or colonization of Alberta by Maritimers, for example. Not really an issue, since both have been part of the same state for quite some time.

The problem with Chinese actions in Tibet and Xianjing are to do with repression, not with colonization.

Where is the 100 million native people before Columbus come? Where are they? colonization with guns and virus blankets?

bjre should stop talking about South Korea as though he has a clue.

As a Korean American, I actually know the history.

United States and Russia partitioned Korea into the North and South.

North Korea launched a surprise invasion of the South in order to unify the country under communist rule. United States was positioned there, far too lightly, in order to honor a standing treaty with South Korea. United Stated responded to the invasion with a landing and eventually countering deep into North Korea. And then the Chinese intervened illegally, without a treaty to honor and without a single request for aid. Even Kim Sung Il, the North Korean dictator, specifically did not want Chinese interference. (He opted for Soviet support)

I'm a patient man, but this subject will make my blood boil. Bleat all the propaganda you want for your internal affairs, but you try and take my homeland into it and I'll humiliate you.

Edited by Kissinger

bjre should stop talking about South Korea as though he has a clue.

As a Korean American, I actually know the history.

United States and Russia partitioned Korea into the North and South.

North Korea launched a surprise invasion of the South in order to unify the country under communist rule. United States was positioned there, far too lightly, in order to honor a standing treaty with South Korea. United Stated responded to the invasion with a landing and eventually countering deep into North Korea. And then the Chinese intervened illegally, without a treaty to honor and without a single request for aid. Even Kim Sung Il, the North Korean dictator, specifically did not want Chinese interference. (He opted for Soviet support)

I'm a patient man, but this subject will make my blood boil. Bleat all the propaganda you want for your internal affairs, but you try and take my homeland into it and I'll humiliate you.

It is a pity that you under western propaganda for so many years.

Edited by bjre

It is a pity that you under western propaganda for so many years.

Western Propaganda? This is South Korean history. Welcome to the world of facts. I'm not surprised you have fallen back on the classic prograganda one liner in the face of reality. I have given you a highly condensed version of Korean history from the end of the Japanese occupation to the end of the Korean war. Bottom line is, for this discussion, China entered the Korean war unbidden. South Korea says this, North Korea war documents released at the death of Kim Il Sung state the same. The only people lying about this is you. Facts.

As for the sort of person I am, I will sum it up. I will not allow some to lie through his teeth regarding the history of my country to make his look good. Yes, I will humiliate you and expose you for the liar you are being. This is not a case of you simply being uneducated as to your country's past. You quite obviously know full well. You are intentinally lying on your self appointed mission to rehabilitate your nation's past.

Korea's differences with the United States are indeed very real. However, they have aided the country to develop into one strong enough to resist the historical machinations of your government on our peninsula. This strength is something all Koreans aware of and thankful for. Thank god. You will not belittle my country by concocting an entirely new history to suit your Chinese worldview.

Making a fool of anybody is not something I like doing. I'm sure you don't like it either bjre. Keep this experience in mind and keep your support for your country within reasonnable limits, and this episode will not be repeated.

Edited by Kissinger

Western Propaganda? This is South Korean history. Welcome to the world of facts. I'm not surprised you have fallen back on the classic prograganda one liner in the face of reality. I have given you a highly condensed version of Korean history from the end of the Japanese occupation to the end of the Korean war. Bottom line is, for this discussion, China entered the Korean war unbidden. South Korea says this, North Korea war documents released at the death of Kim Il Sung state the same. The only people lying about this is you. Facts.

It is clear that China was help Korean because after China help N.Korean take back the soil to its original area, All Chinese Army back to China. But US Army is still there in South.

As for the sort of person I am, I will sum it up. I will not allow some to lie through his teeth regarding the history of my country to make his look good. Yes, I will humiliate you and expose you for the liar you are being. This is not a case of you simply being uneducated as to your country's past. You quite obviously know full well. You are intentinally lying on your self appointed mission to rehabilitate your nation's past.

Korea's differences with the United States are indeed very real. However, they have aided the country to develop into one strong enough to resist the historical machinations of your government on our peninsula. This strength is something all Koreans aware of and thankful for. Thank god. You will not belittle my country by concocting an entirely new history to suit your Chinese worldview.

Making a fool of anybody is not something I like doing. I'm sure you don't like it either bjre. Keep this experience in mind and keep your support for your country within reasonnable limits, and this episode will not be repeated.

Ok, it is your choice for living just for resisting, for humiliating, enjoy it, do whatever you want. :):D:lol:

• 1 year later...

China did not know what "search engine" means until West invent it. China quickly copy.

Google's search algorithm is "similar" with the invention by a Chinese but later than him. Actually when Li gave a lecture in Australia in before Pager apply the similar patent, Pager was among the listeners.

http://www.rankdex.com/about.html

RankDex was established in 1996 by Robin Li who previously worked for Infoseek, an Internet search engine in the early years, as an engineer.

RankDex was the leading Internet search provider from 1996-1999. RankDex was the first search engine that used hyperlinks to measure the quality of websites it was indexing. Many experts and commentators are unaware that RankDex was cited in Lawrence Page’s patent application for Google PageRank as the first qualitative search engine. In 1998 RankDex was acquired by a Dow Jones subsidiary Tradeline.com (formerly IDD Information Services and GARI Software Associates).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PageRank

A small search engine called "RankDex" from IDD Information Services designed by Robin Li was, since 1996, already exploring a similar strategy for site-scoring and page ranking.[11] The technology in RankDex would be patented by 1999[12] and used later when Li founded Baidu in China.[13][14] Li's work would be referenced by some of Larry Page's U.S. patents for his Google search methods.[15]

[11] ^ Li, Yanhong (August 6, 2002). "Toward a qualitative search engine". Internet Computing, IEEE (IEEE Computer Society) 2 (4): 24–29. doi:10.1109/4236.707687.

[12] ^ USPTO, "Hypertext Document Retrieval System and Method", U.S. Patent number: 5920859, Inventor: Yanhong Li, Filing date: Feb 5, 1997, Issue date: Jul 6, 1999

[15] ^ Cf. especially Lawrence Page, U.S. patents 6,799,176 (2004) "Method for scoring documents in a linked database", 7,058,628 (2006) "Method for node ranking in a linked database", and 7,269,587 (2007) "Scoring documents in a linked database"2011
Edited by bjre

You mean there are people who vote make you think human rights be taken away is correct?

Is this an example of the quality of the Chinese educational system? Your English is appalling and well below the minimal state of literacy needed for you to even begin to communicate your message with any degree of coherence. You need to stop posting here until you learn how to write in the English language.

Google's search algorithm is "similar" with the invention by a Chinese but later than him.

I'm not certain if your nation is the most corrupt on Earth, if it's people are the most dishonest and the most willing to lie, cheat and steal. There may be other nations with a more corrupt people I have not yet encountered. But certainly yours is right up there, and nothing whatever that any Chinese organization says can be taken as truthful since no Chinese organization places any value on truth, honesty or integrity.

I'm not certain if your nation is the most corrupt on Earth, if it's people are the most dishonest and the most willing to lie, cheat and steal. There may be other nations with a more corrupt people I have not yet encountered. But certainly yours is right up there, and nothing whatever that any Chinese organization says can be taken as truthful since no Chinese organization places any value on truth, honesty or integrity.

Let's take a look at how honest you country is:

First, cheating is not a strange word here. People are familiar with it, like the following:

TTC Doesn't Collect Fares, and then Blames Riders for Fare Cheating??

http://jackandcokewithalime.blogspot.com/2011/03/ttc-doesnt-collect-fares-and-then.html

Leaders are the same:

http://www.ndp.ca/press/stephen-harper-you-ve-changed

Harper to Revive Senate Plan. The Globe and Mail, January 5, 2010

And who can forget this broken promise?

“I will not name appointed people to the Senate. Anyone who sits in the Parliament of Canada must be elected by the people they represent” – Stephen Harper, March 14, 2004

Since then, Harper has appointed 37 senators – two of whom are facing a fraud investigation for alleged cheating during the last election.

Liberals are cheating too:

Lies Dalton McGuinty told.

http://larryborsato.com/blog/2008/01/lies-dalton-mcguinty-told/

Why? because teacher cheating:

Ontario teacher accused of faking cancer, taking funds raised by co-workers

http://www.thestar.com/news/ontario/article/1031308--ontario-teacher-accused-of-faking-cancer-taking-funds-raised-by-co-workers

So, kids cheating, that is your future.

Ontario Premier Dalton McGuinty admitted the test may lack enough safeguards to stop cheating.

http://jackandcokewithalime.blogspot.com/2011/03/ttc-doesnt-collect-fares-and-then.html

First, cheating is not a strange word here. People are familiar with it

That's because in Canada, it's allowed to tell the truth about what goes on in politics, in government and in business. Heck, even if something looks suspicious, it's reported in the media.

Have you not learned anything about the country you chose as your new home?

The mere fact that dishonesty is openly discussed and condemned is an indication that it is aberrant, whereas in your country it is so routine and commonplace no one would even think to write anything about it. And since every member of your governments, federal, state or local, is corrupt, it isn't like they're going to do anything about it either.