Visible Minorities to be majority in 25 years

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're not strong enough to perform these feats. They can only screech and whine at their computers about how difficult it is to be white males. All the continual repression and whatnot.

...oh at least 25 cookies. But if you remind me of my dog, we'll probably get along...l'il doggie.

yup...bigot(VISIBLE minority)

in what sense is VISIBLE MINORITYan economic arguement??

It is both an economic and sociological argument. Visible minority = third world = socially backwards = racist, mysogenistic, homophobic, anti-semitic, with little notion of or attachment to what we consider to be the conventional freedoms; ie, religion, speech, assembly.

please enlighten us how immigrants are more likely to have University education than Canadians and their children become University graduates in far larger numbers than Canadian born, how is that bad for our economy?...

Apparently you are true to the cliche in that as an immigrant, you have extremely poor communications skills. I have already made economic points about immigrants which you have not previously attempted to refute, as well as posted data from the Fraser Institute.

He answered it correctly....there are far more US born Latin Americans than immigrant latin americans...therefore the growth of spanish is from a domestic source first, then form immigrants....

Technically most of those born in the US are from parents who came into the US illegally. Hispanics are growing in numbers, and I have little doubt that Spanish will wind up as an "official language" much as French is here, and from there will take over from English.

A century from now most Americans won't even be able to read the Declaration of Independance unless someone translates it for them.

What's your point justme? We should start doing what those morons in other countries are doing?

Here's a point. We're bringing "those morons" into Canada by the millions, and when they outnumber us I suspect they will revert to form.

By the way, the Japanese and Chinese governments do not ask ethnicity related questions in their censuses. Instead, they ask people their nationality, that is what nation-state they are from. What that means is naturalized citizens, for example, would classify themselves as Japanese, even though they are not ethnically Japanese.

Duh, you aren't allowed to live in Japan unless you're ethnically Japanese.

You don't wait 12hrs in the ER in France or Germany when you have a broken limb.

You don't have to do that the majority of places here either Argus. There are some long times in some places, but the times given include waiting, diagnosis, and treatment. Times vary from facility to facility in other places as well.

Edit: And wow, you're like a super bigot or something.

Edited by Smallc

I'm sure you have a very compelling argument, but it's very difficult to discern amongst the ad hominem attacks and faulty assumptions

Here's a clue for you, coma boy, if you're going to start off a post whining about ad hominems it just makes you look dumb to then go on to indulge in your own preference for them. And when you talk about "faulty assumptions" yet can't demonstrate any are false, that just makes you look dumber.

Not only do you not have any evidence to support you claim, but for some particular reason, probably bigotry and racism, you seem to believe that people with accents cannot be productive members of society.

Perhaps this is, to some extent my fault. I make assumptions about the world-knowledge of others on this web site. That is, I assume that before entering a discussion on a given subject they would at least have a cursory awareness of the subject, especially if it had been previously raised on this web site. However, with the knowledge-free in mind - ie, people like you, I will reassert basic knowledge which comes straight from the government.

Among those basic assertations is that lack of communications skills plays a huge part in the economic misfortunes of immigrants. The government says so itself. Many immigrants are basically illiterate, and it's hard to get a good job, even if you have a university degree, when nobody can understand you.

Immigrants to Canada are increasingly coming from areas such as Asia where English and French are not native tongues. The economic wellbeing of these newcomers has been deteriorating over the past 25 years, the report states, with unemployment and poverty levels significantly higher among immigrants than Canadian-born citizens.

"Language and literacy is a major hurdle for newcomers and it might contribute between one-third to two-thirds of the earnings gap," the TD report states.

Many newcomers settle in "cultural clusters" that can further isolate them and prevent strong development of English or French, the study notes.

Immigrant Illiteracy Costing Billions

Not only do you fail to support what you're saying with any evidence, I can think of myriad reasons people would have a hard time becoming productive in a foreign country--local bigotry being amongst the largest factors, but you instantly point the finger at them.

Again, I realize this is a difficult concept for you, so I will use small, basic words that you might, with assistance be able to comprehend. I am criticising immigration policy, not the immigrants who come here. I am criticising a policy which unloads into Canada hundreds of thousands of people from cultures which often have values diametrically opposed to ours, unable to effectively communicate in Canada, relegated to slums and public housing projects to breed the next generation of resentful visible minorities and street gang members.

You are the one that has put the blinders on to all evidence that contradicts your wholly bigoted claims.

Another tip for you. Before accusing someone of ignoring evidence, try and present some. It makes people laugh at you less. Then again, I must assume that laughter is the general response whenever you try to discuss adult matters.

You are looking at the evidence with the assumption that particular people (specifically non-whites, judging by your opening post) are incapable of integrating.

My point was that is's becoming extremely difficult to intigrate into a society which is being immersed in foreign cultures and values. When the people you work with every day are foreigners themselves, just how easy can it be to integrate into a Canadian culture?

The higher the percentage of foreigners, the higher the difficulty for integrating them into Canada. In fact, it becomes more likely Canada will wind up adapting to their socialand cultural values, rather than the reverse.

Moreover, your use of ad hominem attacks--

--is not only childish, but shows that you really have nothing pertinent to add to your bigoted grand-standing.

A complaint about ad hominems which contains ad hominems. Congratulations on the well-thought out whine which addresses none of the points in contention.

It is both an economic and sociological argument. Visible minority = third world = socially backwards = racist, mysogenistic, homophobic, anti-semitic, with little notion of or attachment to what we consider to be the conventional freedoms; ie, religion, speech, assembly.

actually that's how I think of you...
Apparently you are true to the cliche in that as an immigrant, you have extremely poor communications skills. I have already made economic points about immigrants which you have not previously attempted to refute, as well as posted data from the Fraser Institute.
Fraser Institute=Faux news, you might as well cite '>Stormfront as your source...

before criticizing someone's communication skills it's a good idea to check you're spelling...misogynistic,

Edited by wyly

actually that how I think of you...

Sorry, boy, but "I know you are but what am I" went out of fashion for most of us in this country around the third grade. Is it still popular in your homeland?

Fraser Institute=Faux news, you might as well cite Stormfront as your source...

You don't like Canadian institutions? Got one in your home country you'd prefer?

By the way intolerance of different opinions is is a trait I see often among immigrants. Equating the Fraser Institute with Stormfront says to me that, like Stormfront, you want them to be silenced because you don't like what they have to say, and anyone who says things you don't like is the same - the enemy.

The Fraser Institute report cites government reports which have been VERY clear for some time now that immigrant economic performance has been steadily deteriorating and that they now underperform Canadian born. Go ahead. TRY and find something which contradicts that.

Almost all new arrivals in Canada have earnings for a number of years that are below their eventual peak earnings. In the case of recent immigrants, these peak earnings are below the incomes of comparable other Canadians for the rest of their lives in the country. As a result, under the progressive income tax system, they pay proportionately less taxes than do other Canadians, on average. A very large fraction pays no personal ncome taxes at all.

Fraser Institute Report on Immigration

Edited by Argus

Guest TrueMetis

Do I really need to dig up videos of whites calling for the extermination of all black people, jews, homosexuals, and just about everyone else? Once again... particular idiots are not indicative of entire groups.

They have been at one point, but then we killed them. Any other group tries and the same thing will happen. Our guns are bigger.

Here's a point. We're bringing "those morons" into Canada by the millions, and when they outnumber us I suspect they will revert to form.

Want to actually state some facts instead of your opinion?

coma boy,

you look dumb

you look dumber.

the knowledge-free in mind - ie, people like you

Again, I realize this is a difficult concept for you, so I will use small, basic words that you might, with assistance be able to comprehend. I am criticising immigration policy, not the immigrants who come here.

I must assume that laughter is the general response whenever you try to discuss adult matters.

Let me know when you yourself are capable of discussing adult matters like an adult. By the bye, I already addressed everything you brought up in your reply.

Edited by cybercoma

Did Canada fall apart when it became a more Scottish, Welsh and Irish nation when immigration laws were relaxed in the 18th century?

Canada changed, and the nativists of the time did the chicken-little mambo, but in fact the nation became stronger by working to incorporate the best of all of Canada's various communities in the the greater whole.

Same rules apply here.

Within 25 years whites will no longer compose the majority of the population. With the foreign born population increasing at 4 times the rate of Canadian born, it is inevitable that they will become the majority,

When a child of immigrants to Canada is born here, they're not foreign-born any more.

Unless of course what you have a different definition, which I hope you'll share with us, so that we're not forced to make assumptions.

I wonder if this is what anyone born here ever asked for or was ever asked about. Did the liberals, at any point in time, ask the population if it would be a good idea to bring in so many foreigners in such a short time that they would actually outnumber Canadians?

Yes, they did, it's called an ELECTION PLATFORM. If Canadians really didn't like what politicians were selling, they would have voted accordingly.

Oh, and you do realize that Diefenbaker started immigration reform, right? The Cons were actually ahead of the Liberals in the 60's in that department, Trudeau had to warm up to the idea first.

Did anyone give a thought to what swamping the somewhat shaky, uncertain Canadian culture with masses of foreigners would mean?

I think people did think long and hard about that one.

And considering that we're one of the best places in the world to live, I don't think they were mistaken.

Edited by JB Globe

So questioning our own countries immigration practices is racist?

Not in and of itself.

But questioning immigration policies based almost purely on the underlying assumption that non-white people are inherently inferior/dangerous/subversive is by definition racist.

This is where we enter a philosophical debate about what "Canadian" values are. I'm all for universal values, rather than nihilistic moral relativism; however, defining particularly Canadian values may prove impossible. Try explaining them to an immigrant when we can't even explain them to each other.

There's a Charter of Rights and freedoms we have that defines whats expected of people.

Don't be a racists/sexist/homophobe ect ect ect...

If immigrants can't agree to that we shouldn't be letting them emigrate regaurdless of where they are coming from

Let me know when you yourself are capable of discussing adult matters like an adult. By the bye, I already addressed everything you brought up in your reply.

When I talk to an adult who deserves respect they will get it. When I talk to an ignorant yabo who snivels and whines and makes moral accusations and then completely fails to address all the substantive issues I will treat them as they - you - deserve.

Did Canada fall apart when it became a more Scottish, Welsh and Irish nation when immigration laws were relaxed in the 18th century?

Which Canada do you refer to?

The native Canada was destroyed by too much immigration, if you wlll, the natives overwhelmed by numbers, their culture shoved to the margins, their political importance, if you will, relagated to quaint museum pieces.

The French culture was crushed throughout north American, only retained in small areas around St. Lawrence river, and only then due to strenuous efforts at appeasing the locals in order to not provoke them into aiding France in further warfare. However, it would be absurd to make a statement that the people who were then living in New France, didn't lose power over their lives, and over their culture to the newcomers, who pushed them to the margins.

Canada changed, and the nativists of the time did the chicken-little mambo

And does this imprart a moral obligation on the part of the "nativists" today, to put in place immigration policies which ensure our own demise and not complain about it?

but in fact the nation became stronger by working to incorporate the best of all of Canada's various communities in the the greater whole.

How do you know the nation is any stronger today than it would have been united and whole under one French ruler? In what way is Canada stronger than other nations with more homogenous populations - which do not have the constant linguistic arguments or the complexities of serving dual solitudes? Please explain how we are stronger than, say, Sweden.

When a child of immigrants to Canada is born here, they're not foreign-born any more.

Unless of course what you have a different definition, which I hope you'll share with us, so that we're not forced to make assumptions.

I've already stated more than once that I make no assumptions about someone merely because they're born here. A child born here who is raised within an ethnic enclave, who shows up at school unable to understand the local language, whose life is surrounded by members of his ethnic group might not be very Canadian at all. You might think the likes of Omar Khadr and the Khadr family are Canadians, but no matter what their paperwork says i disagree.

Yes, they did, it's called an ELECTION PLATFORM. If Canadians really didn't like what politicians were selling, they would have voted accordingly.

I don't recall any election where immigration featured prominently. Elections are fought generally over economic issues. People rarely consider immigration to be a decisive factor in their votes in large measure because they rarely had any option if they did. Up until the Reform Party, all parties were in agreement that they wanted massive immigration. And now the Reform party has given in and says the same. I believe those positions are based on the narrow political self-interests of the parties concerned, however, not with any care as to the well-being of Canada.