Visible Minorities to be majority in 25 years

Really, and just how open is it? Do people actually know? This isn't something like healthcare that people actually have experience with.

Even immigrants think immigration is too open and that we take in too many immigrants.

You see, a lot of immigrants came to Canada because it represented something to them. Many are not particularly happy to find that when they send their kids to school there are few, if any Canadian kids for them to get to know, and that the old ethnic and nationalist hatreds are kept alive.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must agree here as well.

Some of us think Canada had a pretty good, advanced, laid back culture and don't like the idea of it being swept away under an avalanche of foreigners.

I guess we're just narrow minded, though. Canada? Phht. Nothing special there. Move on. Nothing to see.

Even immigrants think immigration is too open and that we take in too many immigrants.

You see, a lot of immigrants came to Canada because it represented something to them. Many are not particularly happy to find that when they send their kids to school there are few, if any Canadian kids for them to get to know, and that the old ethnic and nationalist hatreds are kept alive.

what BS...you would know this how?..you hang with immigrant kids do you?..I was one of those immigrant kids and it never entered my mind, kids are blind to colour, ethnic origin and religion, they could care less where their friends come from, national hatreds are kept alive by adults like you seeing differences where there are none...

Really? How do they do that? I mean, sure, if you're the single Polish kid in a class filled with Canadians, you're quickly going to become integrated and Canadian.

If you're an Iranian in a class made up of 22 foreign born kids and 2 Canadians, just how is it you're going to be "integrated" into Canada's culture?

sounds like my son's class, numerous Chinese, Syrian, Lebanese, German, a couple of Japanese, Sri Lanka, India and a bunch more...and they play fine together, they all speak English...I see they same kids and their parents at the soccer/hockey games these kids are as Canadian as any I went to school with...

my older kids are the same, it's routine on weekends for my home to look like a meeting of the UN, teenagers from all over the world acting like teenagers do and I have no idea which are born here and which ones are not...

you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about, you imagine issues where none exist all based on racial prejudice ...

what BS...you would know this how?..you hang with immigrant kids do you?..I was one of those immigrant kids and it never entered my mind,

No, not much seems to enter your mind, despite all the emptiness.

I'm not surprised you, being an immigrant, never had any affection, appreciation or awareness of what Canada's culture was, not being a part of it.

No, not much seems to enter your mind, despite all the emptiness.

I'm not surprised you, being an immigrant, never had any affection, appreciation or awareness of what Canada's culture was, not being a part of it.

it must suck having bigoted ideas and being exposed for all to see as to what you really are...

The degree to which it is open is easily quantified by the number of people that come through each year, which is 300,000. When people say the system is too open, they mean one of two things. Either, they simply mean that the number of 300,000/year is too high, or they mean that potential immigrants should be screened more thoroughly.

No, I completely disagree. You can have a large number come in and still not have what people would describe as open immigration.

Do you know of any place in Canada where the European or Australian population doubled?

And why would that be more desirable? The only difference I see is skin colour, because cultures in Europe and Australia are not the same as here.

Canadian kids? So when immigrants and their children become citizens, are they then Canadian kids, or not?

No, I completely disagree. You can have a large number come in and still not have what people would describe as open immigration.

it's far from open...there is a long difficult process to qualify people are under some delusion if they think immigrants come in at random...there are cue jumpers and legitimate refugees but they are relatively few...

And why would that be more desirable? The only difference I see is skin colour, because cultures in Europe and Australia are not the same as here.

You people don't even bother to think, do you? It's all just knee-jerk reflex in defense of massive immigration.

There are certainly differences between all cultures. THe difference between ours and those of Europe are fairly small, however, compared to the difference between ours and people who think women are chattel and a toilet is a magic fountain.

it's far from open...there is a long difficult process to qualify people are under some delusion if they think immigrants come in at random...there are cue jumpers and legitimate refugees but they are relatively few...

Most refugees are queue jumpers.

Canadian kids? So when immigrants and their children become citizens, are they then Canadian kids, or not?

No, they're not. I know that your mentality is so completely bureacratized that if a government agency gave papers to a stump you'd defend its rights to protection under the Charter but to some of us being Canadian is more than just getting some papers stamped.

You people don't even bother to think, do you? It's all just knee-jerk reflex in defense of massive immigration.

And your reaction is so based on sound reasoning..... :rolleyes:

There are certainly differences between all cultures. THe difference between ours and those of Europe are fairly small, however, compared to the difference between ours and people who think women are chattel and a toilet is a magic fountain.

Good...bring on the Turks.

And your reaction is so based on sound reasoning..... :rolleyes:

Yeah, as a matter of fact, sound reasoning and life experience - of which you have precious little.

Good...bring on the Turks.

This might surprise you, but the Turks are not Europeans.

No, they're not.

And your argument gets less and less understandable.

I know that your mentality is so completely bureacratized that if a government agency gave papers to a stump you'd defend its rights to protection under the Charter but to some of us being Canadian is more than just getting some papers stamped.

Because no immigrant from another part of the world ever cares about Canada after they move here and become citizens. All those south Asians carrying Canadian flags last year on Canada day on the Toronto subway, and on the streets and at the celebrations were all in my imagination. I'll say it here - I think they're far more Canadian than you're being right now. Your problem is that they're brown, and that's as transparent as it could possibly be.

I guess the only answer to this if you want more whites is to have bigger families, like 10+ kids. Who can afford that many now? Will the governments pay women to stay home and have kids? I doubt it.

We don't need 10 kids. We need to marginally raise our birth rate by about half a point or so.

No, they're not. I know that your mentality is so completely bureacratized that if a government agency gave papers to a stump you'd defend its rights to protection under the Charter but to some of us being Canadian is more than just getting some papers stamped.

to some being a Canadian is only possible if they're white...

to some being a Canadian is only possible if they're white...

That's really you're only defense, isn't it? Wide open immigration, displacing the populace with millions of foreigners like you can't be objected to on any basis unless one is a bigot. You can't actually make a rational economic or demographic argument supporting why we're bringing in so many immigrants. Instead you just cast blanket accusations.

Still trying to get your uncle Igor to in?