Cheer on Canadian women.

It's awesome. At least the women aren't the choke artists the men seem to be so far. The women are owning the podium but the men are shitting the bed with their choke artistry.

In short lets all rally behind our PM Stephen Harper who has given us this time off in order to enjoy these games and our athletes without being distracted by the shennanigans of our MP's.

Go Canada Go!

Go Harper Go!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's awesome. At least the women aren't the choke artists the men seem to be so far. The women are owning the podium but the men are shitting the bed with their choke artistry.

Troll.

In short lets all rally behind our PM Stephen Harper who has given us this time off in order to enjoy these games and our athletes without being distracted by the shennanigans of our MP's.

Go Canada Go!

Go Harper Go!

Shove your idiotic partisan crap.

Try as you may you won't ruin it for the rest of us. Mr. Canada indeed. :angry:

Troll.

Uhm no. The Canadian men Olympians are winning as many medals as the women, not even close. The men aren't holding their own. Hence the yare choking under the preassure. I have to explain things like this to my children too.

Shove your idiotic partisan crap.

Try as you may you won't ruin it for the rest of us. Mr. Canada indeed. :angry:

I only post truth. I'm celebrating our Canadian women who are doing a great job at these Olympics. The male Canadian Olympians should be ashamed of themselves for the most part. There are some bright lights for the men's side of things but fo the most part they've not lived up their hype.

Yes I thank our PM. Stephen Harper for prorog'ing parl. so we can all enjoy these Olympics in all their glory.

So once again I say. Thank you Mr. Prime Minister, thank you sir. You are wise beyond this world to know what we need as Canadians. You are like our father PM Harper and us your children.

The male Canadian Olympians should be ashamed of themselves for the most part.

You're an idiot.

So once again I say. Thank you Mr. Prime Minister, thank you sir. You are wise beyond this world to know what we need as Canadians. You are like our father PM Harper and us your children.

Yep, you're definitely an idiot.

Edited by Smallc

You're an idiot.

Yep, you're definitely an idiot.

I see. So you feel that our male athletes have performed well?

Did you happen to watch the male half pipe snowboarding? They couldn't stay on their feet, it was embarassing. Same with the Alpine team. I've watched every day of the Olympics almost every event.

The Alpine team choked plain and simple so did our snowboarders. The only men's Alpine ski member who did well was Eric Guay, he did awesome, the rest of them choked badly. These are supossed to be world class athletes and they sucked badly. I could fall down like they did. After all his hype Paradis should just go home and hide.

Thank you Mr. Prime Minister, thank you sir. You are wise beyond this world to know what we need as Canadians. You are like our father PM Harper and us your children.

I'm happy he had the foresight to know that we'd like to watch the games uninterupted by government hijinx for a couple weeks. This was a wise decision Mr. Prime Minister. God Bless Canada indeed. God bless every one of us.

Edited by Mr.Canada

These are supposed to be world class athletes and they sucked badly.

They are world class athelets and they have done well. Things just haven't worked out for them at the olympics.

Thank you Mr. Prime Minister, thank you sir. You are wise beyond this world to know what we need as Canadians. You are like our father PM Harper and us your children.

Must....refrain...from making....comment....

They are world class athelets and they have done well. Things just haven't worked out for them at the olympics.

Must....refrain...from making....comment....

Alright I'm done here for a while again. I'll check back in a week or so. Get my fix untilI get bored again.

Just remeber that PM harper is akin to our father. He is very wise and knowledgable. We, as Canadians, are his children who he must mentor and guild throughout our young lives, teaching us the proper path to righteousness. Yes Prime Minister Harper, we will obey.

Congrats to the Canadian women's team on their victory today over the USA. As in other sports, looks like all the training and experience for many team members at American colleges has paid off! :lol:

What's the matter with American team members who get all that training and experience at American colleges? :)

No...most Canadians are lousy hockey players....just like most Americans. There are more opportunities in America....for many things.

Yet many American women play in the Canadian women's league when they finish college. When it comes to more opportunities in the US, this is not one of them.

Edited by Wilber

Yet many American women play in the Canadian women's league when they finish college. When it comes to more opportunities in the US, this is not one of them.

Not at the collegiate level, or they would stay in Canada. We see the same dynamic in softball teams.

The USA (colleges and iniversities) has been a favorite choice for amateur atheletes for decades, particularly for track and field.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Not at the collegiate level, or they would stay in Canada. We see the same dynamic in softball teams.

Womens hockey at this level is not college hockey, at least not in Canada. At the NHL level, although there are some excellent players who come out of the US college system, the majority of players do not, they come from Junior A of which the great majority of teams are in Canada. Even the US based Junior A teams are part of the CHL. As well, a lot of European players play their junior hockey in this league.

Edited by Wilber

Womens hockey at this level is not college hockey, at least not in Canada. At the NHL level, although there are some excellent players who come out of the US college system, the majority of players do not, they come from Junior A of which the great majority of teams are in Canada. Even the US based Junior A teams are part of the CHL. As well, a lot of European players play their junior hockey in this league.

True, but some of the American juniors tiers are also farm teams for universities and colleges. Most Americans are oblivious to juniors play, as it is considered amateur athletics outside of the usual NCAA media contracts. I live in a big hockey state (Minnesota), and it is still difficult to get media coverage of amateur or minor league hockey. The USA Men's hockey juniors win over Canada did not get major national attention, much bigger news in Canada.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

I don't doubt it, just pointing out that US colleges are not always the be all and end all when it comes to reaching the top level of a sport.

Fair enough...it's logical that Canadian women (or men) would seek scholarships in the USA if/when spots are filled in Canada, which clearly would be the best environment for support. In many respects, hockey is less tainted than other big money sports programs, and that is to be admired. Many years ago, before big television and endorsement money came along, amateur athletics enjoyed a following for purer competitive reasons.