Terrorist in Canada

IS it, so was the Mcpl's feat treating serveral of his comrads with his legs blown off, and bleeding out.

so there is a possiablity it could have happen, perhaps Mr Khadr did not have to bury himself, perhaps the debris fell on top of him, I think this is a more likly explantion, remember the entire site was attacked by aircraft, so the building structures would have been serverally comprimised...

He was accused of serveral things, throwing the grenade that killed a US medic is one of them, and i'm not changing anything, the US is. As for the other fighter found, if the statements are true he was killed earlir in the firefight, so that rules him out, nobody else was found alive at the scene, hence why it is assumed that the only one that could have thrown the grenade is Khadr....And i've already agreed with you their is doubt there....But what about the other facts, he was there to start off with, remember it was the Taliban that started this dance with the killing of serveral aghanis soldiers who knocked on the door....the second fact is a recently fired wpn was found next to him, and then there is the tape. which shows him playing around with mines used to make IED's then planting them at night with his buddies....all of the above clearly show serveral chargable offensives...

what you have is a lot of maybe's and hypothetical situations in the heat of battle details of what happen become blurred...
Come on Wyly your a smart guy, are we calling Al Quaida freedom fighters now...Inter national community will disagree even the UN has slotted them in the terrorist catagory. I think your grasping at straws here...I've seen the Al Quaida's work up close and personally, a man stripped of all his skin left to die or should i say cook in the morning sun...ya nice guys...
and I could dig up just as horrendous situations among the resistance of Nazi occupied europe...and Canadians have handed over detainees for torture...this morning on TV I see a Canadian being charged with murdering an unarmed wounded Taliban fighter...would I be wrong to assume all Canadian soldiers would do this? of course...
That says nothing of his innocence but rather his guilt , and speaks of our weak justice system....not Mr Khadr....He has been classified a terrorist, and thier are NO child soldier in this classification. check under the Genva convention, or even our Canadian laws...sorry..i don't make the rules...
you may want to look at, United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, Article 38 using child soldiers is a war crime..."Non-state actors and guerrilla forces are forbidden from recruiting anyone under the age of 18 for any purpose."...he was recruited before he was of age where he determine his own future, he was a victim of adult politics...

United Nations Human Rights Commission Resolution 1992/54 of 1992, children... who are accused of crimes under international law allegedly committed while they were associated with armed forces or armed groups should be considered primarily as victims of offences against international law; not only as perpetrators. They must be treated in accordance with international law in a framework of restorative justice and social rehabilitation, consistent with international law which offers children special protection through numerous agreements and principles.[

Look our justice system has charged youths or minors with adult crimes, and have sentenced them, those are a matter of record. At age 15 he is mentally competent, enough so that he knows right from wrong, he knows planting mines will kill NATO soldiers, he knows firing a wpn will kill...He's been trained to kill, and knows the consquences....
you need to 16 in Canada to be tried as an adult and even then there has to be a seperate ruling before that happens...he was a child by any standard...
He knows the difference between life and death....remember his mother wanted him to be a suicide bomber, he refused ,he chose life, because he wanted to live...so he knows the difference.... Red necks don't join the KKK because they are not racist, they do so because they are and want to be a part of that club, or culture....Khadr is a terrorist, he wanted to follow his father footsteps...now that he is caught he must also atone for his actions...
my 10 yr old wants to live that doesn't make him a responsible adult...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what you have is a lot of maybe's and hypothetical situations in the heat of battle details of what happen become blurred...

Yes, and thats exactly what we are going to continue happen when you bring someone off the battlefield and into the civil courts...But this is what frustrates me to no end, our ROE are based on genva conventions , inter-national and Canadian laws...And the shooting of Khadr was legal, in othr words nobody would have even blinked here in Canada if those same US soldiers had shot and killed Khadr...his actions clearly warranted the use of deadly force....and yet we can not prosicute him in a court of law...Thats ironic is it not...

When you cross those lines from battlefield to courtroom, there is rarily going to be the clear cut edvidence we require to bring about a guilty plea...and until every soldier is equiped with a vid recorder it will not change...

and I could dig up just as horrendous situations among the resistance of Nazi occupied europe...and Canadians have handed over detainees for torture...this morning on TV I see a Canadian being charged with murdering an unarmed wounded Taliban fighter...would I be wrong to assume all Canadian soldiers would do this? of course...

There have been recorded crimes on both sides of the fence, i would agree. and for the most part persons have been held accountable for those actions. As for Canadians handing over prisoners for torture , i think that needs to be reworded, alleged Canadians have handed over prisoners which may have been tortured, as far as i know no one has been charged of those crimes as of yet....

And yes a Capt in the CF has been charged with the murder of a wounded Taliban insurgent, and he will have his day in court, but this case is similar to Khadrs, all they have is a few statements, no evidence, no body, really nothing, and yet he has been charged and he will being going to court and if found guilty will be held responsiable for his actions...which is all we ask...

United Nations Human Rights Commission Resolution 1992/54 of 1992, children... who are accused of crimes under international law allegedly committed while they were associated with armed forces or armed groups should be considered primarily as victims of offences against international law; not only as perpetrators. They must be treated in accordance with international law in a framework of restorative justice and social rehabilitation, consistent with international law which offers children special protection through numerous agreements and principles.[

In addition, the international guidelines called the "Paris Principles," which the U.S. supports, state that children who participated in armed conflict "should be considered primarily as victims of offences against international law," and that “all appropriate measures to promote physical and psychological recovery and social reintegration must be taken.” The Principles do not rule out the prosecution of child soldiers, only that their rehabilitation and society reintegration should take precedence.

My linkwww.crimesofwar.org/

you may want to look at, United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, Article 38 using child soldiers is a war crime..."Non-state actors and guerrilla forces are forbidden from recruiting anyone under the age of 18 for any purpose."...he was recruited before he was of age where he determine his own future, he was a victim of adult politics...

But whom are you going to put on trail for that Bin Ladin, so really in the long run it states it is illigal to recruit anyone under the age of 18, so who is a fault his father , mother, whom ?

my 10 yr old wants to live that doesn't make him a responsible adult...

Did you send your son to a terrorrist training camp, did you hand him a AK 47 , did you leave him with known terrorist involved with terrorist activities such as ambushes and planting IED's again'st NATO soldiers...Thats the differenc between your 10 year old and Khadr...he knew he was going to kill NATO soldiers, he knew it was wrong...he knew the consquences....he also knew he did not have to be there...

TORONTO — Two Canadians were sentenced to 25 years in prison Monday for attempting to buy heat-seeking missiles and military assault rifles for Sri Lanka's Tamil Tigers rebels.

Thiruthanikan Thanigasalam and Sahilal Sabaratnam were sentenced in U.S. District Court in New York, where they were caught in 2006 trying to buy Russian SA-18 missiles and AK-47s.

They pleaded guilty last January.

The missiles were to be used to shoot down Sri Lankan military aircraft that were then bombing the rebels' enclave. The plot was directed by the senior leadership of the Tamil Tigers.

Thanigasalam, 41, was the "big guy" of the Toronto-based arms procurement operation. He met personally with the rebels in Sri Lanka to secure their approval for the purchases.

Sabaratnam, 30, a former associate at TD Waterhouse in Toronto, was the group's financial expert and helped arrange for the $1-million payment for the illicit weapons.

A third Canadian, Satha Sarachandran, 30, the group's administrator, was sentenced to 26 years on Friday, while Nadarasa Yogarasa, a Sri Lankan living in the United States, got 14 years.

The convictions were the result of a joint FBI-RCMP counter-terrorism operation called Project ONeedle, which investigated a group of Tamil Tigers supporters who shopped for equipment for the rebels.

Another Canadian, Ramanan Mylvaganam, is in custody in Brooklyn awaiting trial. Two more Canadians, Piratheepan Nadarajah and "Waterloo" Suresh Sriskandarajah, are still awaiting extradition to the United States. U.S. prosecutors filed a new indictment against Mylvaganam and Sriskandarajah on Dec. 28, alleging they had conspired to provide weapons to the Tamil Tigers.

The two men sentenced on Monday were brothers-in-law from Toronto. Both had immigrated

My linknews.globaltv.com/

Oh NO...., more Canadian terrorist locked up in US prison, A joint effort FBI and RCMP busted these guys, US justice system gave out some tough sentences...funney it did not say whether they got the 2 for deal for time served...anyways i wonder if they'll have a Canadian support group demanding thier return to spend thier time in Canadian prisons and reduced time....Perhaps we can take a page out of thier justice system...

Here is another story of Canada's weak terrorist policies and sentences, Yes it's old but it goes along way into explaining how weak we really are when dealing with Terrorists

His name Rheal Mathieu a former FLQ member, convicted of man slaughter of 2 persons during the FLQ crises for this crime he recieved a 9 year sentence and served 7....

Here is the Ironic part, Mathieu was sentenced to one month in jail for the botched firebombings in 2001, He was also given six months, to be served concurrently, for possession of a sawed-off shotgun and a .38-calibre revolver.

The Crown maintained that Mathieu – the leader and possibly the only member of the French-language self-defence brigade – was solely responsible for the botched firebombings at the Second Cup cafes within a span of 15 minutes last October.

It's Ironic because this is his 2nd terrorist conviction, 2 nd involving bombs, and he recieves one month...what was the judge thinking,

He fire bombed 3 second cup stores because thier signs where in english...

My linkwww.cbc.ca/canada/

While doing some research about Terrorism in Canada i found this , it's actually kind of shocking....

It's old 2006 but still reflects the kind of problems that reflect todays Canada.

My linkwww.canada.com/

National Post reported that as many as 3,000 people ordered deported for “human rights abuses, terrorism ties, war crimes, gangsterism links or criminal convictions” are still living in Canada. Twenty-seven thousand other foreigners also ordered deported are still living underground in Canada as part of the approximately 400,000-large illegal immigrant population.

These numbers are huge...

Where is that in the criminal code?

465. (1) Except where otherwise expressly provided by law, the following provisions apply in respect of conspiracy:

(a) every one who conspires with any one to commit murder or to cause another person to be murdered, whether in Canada or not, is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to a maximum term of imprisonment for life;

Do you really know anything about this case or are you talking out your ass. my guess is the latter...

And when do you think they became involved William.

How many families this guy got, maybe you should rephrase that....

US forces had nothing to do with the killing of Khadrs father and brother, try checking that out once again....they where killed in a fire fight with Pakistani forces...not a US soldier among'st them...

As for the humanitarian your joking right. how many humanitarians armed with Ak 47's you know get killed in a shoot out with military forces, ...your facts suck william....i think you need to adjust that Facts from your ass machine, make it atleast some what crediable....

whatever. Fact is you don't have the facts. Pakistan only attacked those presumed to be with Al Qaeda on US orders. His family was killed, and in an environment when humanitarians are hunted it gives good reason to have something to defend yourself with.

Yeah my facts suck because they don't support your attempt to murder people you don't agree with.

Keep lying to yourself.

Edited by William Ashley

While doing some research about Terrorism in Canada i found this , it's actually kind of shocking....

It's old 2006 but still reflects the kind of problems that reflect todays Canada.

My linkwww.canada.com/

National Post reported that as many as 3,000 people ordered deported for “human rights abuses, terrorism ties, war crimes, gangsterism links or criminal convictions” are still living in Canada. Twenty-seven thousand other foreigners also ordered deported are still living underground in Canada as part of the approximately 400,000-large illegal immigrant population.

These numbers are huge...

How do they know 27000 are living underground? Ain't very good hiding if you tell people about it. They could be dead for all we know.

If you want people gone you have to see them out. Personally the system is screwed up. close to half a million illegal immigrants in a 33 million country is actually pretty startling. that is 1 in 82 people in canada is an illegal immigrant. (not counting legal residents)

Its not that hard to believe IMO.

In Canada we are not actually totally sure exactly how many natives there are in the country - nevermind immigrants. I believe statscan estimates an extra 160,000 natives that are not registered and not even censused (born without any knowledge to the Canadian government)

"Statistics Canada: In 1996 there were approximately 461 500 registered (status) Indians, 92 780 nonstatus Indians, 210 190 Métis and 41 080 Inuit, for a total population of 799 010, or approximately 3% of Canada's population. While generally accurate, these figures are based on only a 20% sample of the Canadian population rather than a complete census. Moreover, these figures have been adjusted for incomplete enumeration of Indian reserves/settlements and for census undercoverage."

Don't fool yourself - keeping track of everyone in Canada is near impossible due to terrain and weather issues. The USA just has no clue what its like up here in the North. If there was a concerted effort - we could probably register another 200,000 natives by 2020, but the last 100,000 would be the most difficult as they are probably the most paranoid (and rightfully so) of being on somebodies "to conquer list"

Previously - the Natives only had to worry about being on the British and French "To conquer list". Now they also have to worry about being on the Tamil and Asiatic to conquer list.

Canada as determined by British and French occupation - is really moslty the 9 degrees of latitude from the Canadian border.

Edited by ZenOps

whatever. Fact is you don't have the facts. Pakistan only attacked those presumed to be with Al Qaeda on US orders. His family was killed, and in an environment when humanitarians are hunted it gives good reason to have something to defend yourself with.

Then you have a site backing up your claim, that those pakistan soldiers where following US orders...Since when does any pakistan soldier listen to orders issued by the US...No william i think you'll find those orders came from the Pakistan government....

You also have a site proving that humanitarians are being hunted down by Pakistan or US forces, i'll make it easier lets say all of NATO forces...

Are you implying that Al Qaeda or the taliban are humanitarians? your sadly misinformed...how may humanitarian groups do you know that have cut childrens hands off for going to school, skinned a man alive , staked him to the ground to cook in the sun,or convince children to become suicide bombers, the list of thier crimes and actions is very long ...I wonder if the Red cross ever did anything like that...

Yeah my facts suck because they don't support your attempt to murder people you don't agree with.

No william your facts suck because thier based on your deluded opinions, your inability to separate fact from fiction, and perhaps your anger from not being accepted into our nations military...The same military that you now claim are made up of murders....No william your facts suck because as always you've not done your research, or completely misunderstood the info presented....

I will tell you this... you can call me what ever you want as long as i can continue to serve this country with some of the best soldiers on this planet, who have conducted themselfs with nothing but honour, integrity, and commitment...they do us proud...

How do they know 27000 are living underground? Ain't very good hiding if you tell people about it. They could be dead for all we know.

If you want people gone you have to see them out. Personally the system is screwed up. close to half a million illegal immigrants in a 33 million country is actually pretty startling. that is 1 in 82 people in canada is an illegal immigrant. (not counting legal residents)

According to the Auditor General, in 2008 there were 41,000 people ordered deported from Canada that CBSA can't account for. They have no idea where they are.

• 3 weeks later...