Canadian Political Polls

If he reaches that point, yes, I think so. The Westminster system rarely breeds stable minorities. Of course, Harper owes a lot to a confused Liberal party with an obnoxiously inept and ineffective leadership. Look at the major near head-on collision, the battle over Parliamentary privilege. The revolt against the Government wasn't exercised by any of the opposition leaders. Now maybe they were content to let others take credit, but it's been my experience that party leaders are very quick to take the credit, or at least to have it "shared" with them. I really have a pretty good hunch that Iggy, at least, was rather ambivalent about that issue, not surprising if you consider he wants to be PM, and obviously no more wants to be constrained by an ornery Parliament than Harper does.

Ah, another very good observation!

(To think Obama made the serious error of criticizing Bush's domestic spying program...before intensifying it. Or, closer to home, we've got Chretien and the GST...well, the list goes on, yes?)

This campaigning-versus-potential-leadership dance Iggy is probably playing must be a bit of a tightrope indeed.

Edited by bloodyminded

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pot laws have nothing to do with the evangelical right - pot suppression is a mental and phyical health issue and not a religious or even moral one. As I mentioned the quality and the chemical composition of pot has changed _ it is no longer the take it or leave it mild weed of the 70s - It is now a hard drug. I see lots of young users that simply can not do without the substance - I see young and older people who simply can not think straight - it is much like alcohol and the insidious effects of daily drinking - it creates a mood that dictates to the logical mind that "everything is just jolly and all right as is" - This is a major national problem - many of our bright and talented kids are wired to this shit - and they do not have a sober day in order to evalutate their position or progress in life.

This phenomena is very similar to the scourge of opium that swept though China destroying young potential leadership - and it opened the door to communistic slavery-- There are those that rationalize the chronic use of the substance with 70s justification..that it is "natural" ---"a gift from God" - IT IS NO LONGER NATURAL AND IT CERTAINLY HAS BECOME A CURSE...

I hope its readily apparent to everyone that this is the greatest load of fear-mongering BS that has ever been spewed on this forum.

I hope its readily apparent to everyone that this is the greatest load of fear-mongering BS that has ever been spewed on this forum.

You didn't quote it properly. Who said it? When? What msg number? Is it a post in this thread or from the Arkansas Medieval Marching Society?

Whatever, it does appear to be simply unsubstantiated "reefer madness" opinion.

good point, I definitely am not that experienced on this forum. How do you add that information at the top of a quotation? And the quoted material was stated on the 34th page of this post and as no one deemed it prudent to call the poster on it, I thought I might as well.

Simply 'reply' to a specific msg. That msg will then appear in your edit/reply frame as a quote, with all the references. You add your own reply after it.

It's considered good form to edit out chunks of a really long quoted msg, leaving only those parts pertinent to the point you wish to rebut. Some of the posts can get rather long and if people keep quoting them in replies it gets rather overwhelming. It also unnecessarily inflates the bandwidth used by the board and somebody somewhere has to pay for that!

Latest Ekos Poll - July 8th - Libs hit new low:

Conservatives: 34.4%

Liberals: 23.9

NDP: 17.9

Greens: 11.2

Bloc: 10.0

Link: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ottawa-notebook/grave-doubts-rising-in-liberal-land-as-support-hits-new-low/article1632695/

Latest Environics Poll - July 5th to July 8th - CONS with 3pt. lead - Dear Leader is not impressed!

Federal Vote Decided Voters July 2010 – by Region						

CON	LIB	NDP	BQ	Green
CANADA			35	32	15	9	6
Atlantic		30	40	22	–	6
Quebec			19	26	12	37	3
Ontario			36	38	15	–	7
Manitoba/Sask		43	28	15	–	12
Alberta			59	27	6	–	8
British Columbia        38	27	27	–	7

Latest Environics Poll - July 5th to July 8th - CONS with 3pt. lead - Dear Leader is not impressed!

CON	LIB	NDP	BQ	Green
CANADA			35	32	15	9	6
Atlantic		30	40	22	–	6
Quebec			19	26	12	37	3
Ontario			36	38	15	–	7
Alberta			59	27	6	–	8

Yah this poll sucks the numbers west of Ontario make no sense ad don't match any other pollsters.

Yah this poll sucks the numbers west of Ontario make no sense ad don't match any other pollsters.

Definitely, it's probably an outlier. Waldo's used to posting cooked data! :lol:

And I find it hard to believe that the NDP, Bloc, and Green all lost support, and it all conveniently went to the Liberals. :rolleyes:

Edited by Shady

Latest Ekos Poll - July 8th - Libs hit new low:

Conservatives: 34.4%

Liberals: 23.9

NDP: 17.9

Greens: 11.2

Bloc: 10.0

Link: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ottawa-notebook/grave-doubts-rising-in-liberal-land-as-support-hits-new-low/article1632695/

CON	LIB	NDP	BQ	Green
CANADA			35	32	15	9	6
Atlantic		30	40	22	–	6
Quebec			19	26	12	37	3
Ontario			36	38	15	–	7
Alberta			59	27	6	–	8

how so punked? - this latest Environics poll pretty well matches the most significant spreads observed within the 2 previous EKOS polls prior to the one quoted above (that being the July 8th EKOS poll... the one even the CONS didn't put any credence to - re: the 10pt. outlier lead)... the 2 previous EKOS polls: here - Jun24 & here - Jun17

And I find it hard to believe that the NDP, Bloc, and Green all lost support, and it all conveniently went to the Liberals. :rolleyes:

Even though Ignatieff's magnificent tour has only just began, Liberals and their supporters think their poll numbers are moving up because of it. It's their moment in the sun, even though they're still in the shade, Shady. :lol: Couldn't resist that one.

Even though Ignatieff's magnificent tour has only just began, Liberals and their supporters think their poll numbers are moving up because of it. It's their moment in the sun, even though they're still in the shade, Shady. :lol: Couldn't resist that one.

Does a broken down bus provide shade on a hot day???

Even though Ignatieff's magnificent tour has only just began, Liberals and their supporters think their poll numbers are moving up because of it.

how much mileage can a rabid CPC partisan actually get out of a bus with mechanical failure? As for any poll number movement, they actually appear to be somewhat static - save the recent EKOS outlier that seemed to offer up visions of the ever elusive CPC sugar-plum fantasy majority.

CON	LIB	NDP	BQ	Green
CANADA			35	32	15	9	6
Atlantic		30	40	22	–	6
Quebec			19	26	12	37	3
Ontario			36	38	15	–	7
Alberta			59	27	6	–	8

The BC data looks wrong for LIB are herer what the hell environics???.

Lots. All you need to do is check the political blogs and the MSM reporting. And we thought politics would be dull during the summer months.

I believe I caught a reference the day it happened... the only carry forward seems to be... yours! But good luck with that - I can appreciate why you'd prefer to target the frivolous rather than speak to substance - or actually analyze why your favoured party's ever elusive majority dreams continue to be bounced & trounced.

Waldo...I feel your pain...really...I do....

no - sorry, pain free here... but really, sincerely, you shouldn't let your pain get the better of you. I can appreciate you recognize time is running out on your Fearless Leader... that the ever elusive CPC majority dreams have begun to wear you down, to cause you the pain you speak of. Perhaps you need a break.

CON	LIB	NDP	BQ	Green
CANADA			35	32	15	9	6
Atlantic		30	40	22	–	6
Quebec			19	26	12	37	3
Ontario			36	38	15	–	7
Alberta			59	27	6	–	8

I thought Ignatieff's channeling of his inner Chavez with his Harper/sulfur comment was very bizarre. I'm starting to think it might be wise for Harper to call an election. The Liberal stiff, stuffy, creepy, gaffe machine is sure to implode during a campaign.

how much mileage can a rabid CPC partisan actually get out of a bus with mechanical failure? As for any poll number movement, they actually appear to be somewhat static - save the recent EKOS outlier that seemed to offer up visions of the ever elusive CPC sugar-plum fantasy majority.

very true!!

I thought Ignatieff's channeling of his inner Chavez with his Harper/sulfur comment was very bizarre. I'm starting to think it might be wise for Harper to call an election. The Liberal stiff, stuffy, creepy, gaffe machine is sure to implode during a campaign.

With so much to come out about CPC gaffes and misteps during an election run, I'm not sure you'll be singing the same tune once the reality hits. There will be no CPC majority and Harper will be forced out. The man just isn't seen as trustworthy.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems there was no bump for a possible coalition. TrendLines Research gives Harper a 132-95 seat projection lead over Ignatieff, had a writ been dropped in early July. And when this result is averaged with the five other models, their riding projection chart shows the Conservatives have a 131-87 lead over the Liberal Party.

Edited by LastViking