Harper to prorogue parliament AGAIN?

Government accountability and transparency check   

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Most of these guys are salivating at the prospect the military could be found to have done something wrong. Then they can shout "Ahah!" and all their anti military hatreds can come out into the open. Half the lefties on this topic smile a tight little smug smile of satisfaction every time a Canadian soldier dies.

You know (but don't much care) that "anti-military hatred" is quite a rarity.

Most critics are concerned with the consequences of Canadian policy...not slandering the military.

You're engaging in military fetishism, in which official policy of a country is defended by shrieking "support the troops"!

Unfortunately for you, this is all-too transparent.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its NOT about the torturing as much its about the lying and the coverup. Again, this government is failing as trust goes. Of course, the voters who suppose the Tories and know exactly what the government is doing and has done, appear to have low moral standards and their only goal is to keep the Tories in no matter what they do!

Yes because many Canadians like what the Conservatives stand for, they stand behind our Armed Forces instead of trying to tarnish it,the more the NDP and Liberals try to bring down Harper the stronger he gets!! Most Canadians don t really care what happens to Taliban or Al Qaeda prisoners there are far more pressing issues in Canada than what happens to the enemy, the Liberals and NDP are simply wasting time and energy into a topic very few people care about!

The Conservatives are as strong as ever and with any luck this year they will get their majority!!

http://netnewsledger.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1225:conservative-support-stable&catid=35:northwestern-ontario-regional-news&Itemid=83

Edited by wulf42

There are far more important issues on the table than what happens to a few Taliban scum! Most Canadians could give a rats ass what happens to those people........only people squawking about it are the Liberals and NDP, and since when does anybody listen to them... :D ,Obviously not to many considering neither party is doing well in the polls!

The polls indicate Canadians do care, and also show the Conservatives have dropped from their near-majority high.

In other words, you're not only not right, you're not even wrong.

I heard on the radio this morning that Harper will act like a cowardly bitch (female dog), and run with his little tail between his legs to the governor general today to ask for ANOTHER prorogation of parliament. He seems really frightened that the Afghan commitee will discover the extent of his and Peter MacKay's violations of the Geneva convention. This government is determined to hide the truth from the Canadian people.

It does seem unfortunate that this has become a new Parliamentary procedure. It's supposed to be a Reserve Power. What I wonder is why all these Tory supporters, who always trumpet how they're advocates of good government, aren't screaming bloody murder over this. I guess, at the end of the day, they are like all political hacks, they wear their team stripes and could give a rat's ass about actual functioning democratic institutions.

I'm thinking if there's a next time to an Opposition plan to join forces, I'll probably give my own tiny thumb's up. This is an absolutely horrible precedent for government in this country.

Most of these guys are salivating at the prospect the military could be found to have done something wrong. Then they can shout "Ahah!" and all their anti military hatreds can come out into the open. Half the lefties on this topic smile a tight little smug smile of satisfaction every time a Canadian soldier dies.

Agreed Argus!!

It's sad to think our soldiers are doing a hard job along way from home only for some of their Countrymen spit on them and their efforts to stop these Al Qaeda and Taliban!

Lefties are a sickening lot for sure, thank God there are enough normal people in Canada to balance them out.

The polls indicate Canadians do care, and also show the Conservatives have dropped from their near-majority high.

In other words, you're not only not right, you're not even wrong.

Well your just wrong! Their support is stable.

http://netnewsledger.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1225:conservative-support-stable&catid=35:northwestern-ontario-regional-news&Itemid=83

Agreed Argus!!

It's sad to think our soldiers are doing a hard job along way from home only for some of their Countrymen spit on them and their efforts to stop these Al Qaeda and Taliban!

Lefties are a sickening lot for sure, thank God there are enough normal people in Canada to balance them out.

Oh, lefties aren't so bad. But your deep hatred of them is perverse.

What's also perverse is condemning those who are concerned about Canadian foreign policy as spitting on the troops.

What infuriates is that those of you who make this preposterous claim don't even really believe it. Which makes it slanderously dishonest.

Have you actually read that article?

I do love guys who make claims and then run around looking on Google looking for anything that remotely appears to support their argument.

Have you actually read that article?

I do love guys who make claims and then run around looking on Google looking for anything that remotely appears to support their argument.

Well according to the polls they aren't doing to bad!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/pdf/pagesfromreport4cbcnov262009.pdf

Really?? because i read not to long ago that 56% of Canadians asked in a recent poll stated they did not care about the Afghan issue at all!

Really?? because i read not to long ago that 56% of Canadians asked in a recent poll stated they did not care about the Afghan issue at all!

I hope that is in error. We have citizens in harms way over there and it is my hope that those of us not in harms way would somehow give a damn. Our safety is provided by those citizens under arms. We should be very damned grateful for their efforts and sacrifices.

I hope that is in error. We have citizens in harms way over there and it is my hope that those of us not in harms way would somehow give a damn. Our safety is provided by those citizens under arms. We should be very damned grateful for their efforts and sacrifices.

Sorry! what i meant is they don t care about the Afghan Detainee issue at all, i didn t mean the mission.

Well according to the polls they aren't doing to bad!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/pdf/pagesfromreport4cbcnov262009.pdf

They were near 40% a few months back. They've fallen back out of majority range. That was rather my point, which you seemed to miss when you went running for any old article that had a headline that sort of resembled your claim.

Which poll? Most have shown it a lot tighter than that. Still, even if 56% is the number, that means nearly 1 in 2 Canadians do care. Hardly "no one cares", hmmm?

Take the team warpaint off your face. You look like a daft cheerleader.

Take the team warpaint off your face. You look like a daft cheerleader.

No Thanks,I like supporting our Military! they keep the Taliban and Al Qaeda busy trying to survive over there making their ability to attack us here much harder. A four year old can figure that out.... not sure why the lefties can't.

Edited by wulf42

No Thanks,I like supporting our Military! they keep the Taliban and Al Qaeda busy trying to survive over there making their ability to attack us here much harder. A four year old can figure that out.... not sure why the lefties can't.

"Support the troops! Support the troops! Oh sweet Christ in Heaven, why can't you just support the troops?"

No Thanks,I like supporting our Military, they keep the Taliban and Al Qaeda busy trying to survive over there making their ability to attack us here much harder. A four year old could figure that out.... not sure why the lefties can't.

Supporting something and basically viewing the world through congenital myopia are two different things. I support the military, even support the Afghan mission, and would like to see Canada still have an active role after 2011, but still, turning people over to be tortured by a government that we basically prop up ain't what I'd call good use of resources. If I was in charge, I'd be telling Karzai the next time a prisoner is tortured, we're pulling out of Kabul and you're on your own, and we'll find someone who can actually lead. In fact, I still can't quite figure out after the guy stole an election why we haven't thrown him to the wolves.

You're suffering from the disease of jingoism. That means that you view any criticism as an attack that must be countered regardless of how ludicrous or amoral your arguments become. We're still in a democracy, last time I checked, and people should be able to express their opinions or concerns without being labeled "anti-military" or whatever.

Edited by ToadBrother

Supporting something and basically viewing the world through congenital myopia are two different things. I support the military, even support the Afghan mission, and would like to see Canada still have an active role after 2011, but still, turning people over to be tortured by a government that we basically prop up ain't what I'd call good use of resources. If I was in charge, I'd be telling Karzai the next time a prisoner is tortured, we're pulling out of Kabul and you're on your own, and we'll find someone who can actually lead. In fact, I still can't quite figure out after the guy stole an election why we haven't thrown him to the wolves.

You're suffering from the disease of jingoism. That means that you view any criticism as an attack that must be countered regardless of how ludicrous or amoral your arguments become. We're still in a democracy, last time I checked, and people should be able to express their opinions or concerns without being labeled "anti-military" or whatever.

Typical military-hating response.

:)

And its too bad you can't grasp the fact Canadian soldiers didn't do anything wrong! the Afghan Army may have but so what? The Americans used to hand over VC prisoners to the South Vietnamese Army all the time and they tortured and executed many of those prisoners. Whatever the Afghans do with Al Qaeda or Taliban scum is their business, who cares! they are terrorist's and deserve whatever happens to them....silly Canadians should be more concerned about their own safety as evident with the attempt to blow up another Jet by Al Qaeda than worry about the safety of the people who are trying to kill us!

Where did I say that our soldiers did anything wrong? Twist Wulf... twist.

Insipid post. Why do the kooks on the right always try to fall back on the you don't support the troops gambit?

Harper still hasn't made up his mind about proroguing, but if he does they could be out until March. How many of us would like to have 3 months paid vacation? The oppositions parties are willing to work, but not the Tories. Of Course, the opposition parties have nothing to hid or anything to lose like the Harper, McKay and O`Connor. It just too bad that the voters who put Harper and McKay in, didn`t want more honourable morals and answers from this government. http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/091230/national/20091230_parliament_suspend