Tanks a lot.

Seriously...start a thread about Iron Maiden and have at it. If you'd like to post a vid on tanks, then you're welcome to contribute.

Believe it or not, I sympathize with your frustration here. But just to be clear, my intent was not to spam: I made that original joke (which I meant to be utterly, uncontroversially harmless)...and, well, here we are. Peace.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you ever watch the TV show called Tank Overhaul? A group of old guys get together and get these old beasts functioning again. Kind of a waste of time if you ask me - but then so are most of the reality shows these days where they attempt to restore machine and man to his or her former glory that they never had to begin with.

Do you ever watch the TV show called Tank Overhaul? A group of old guys get together and get these old beasts functioning again. Kind of a waste of time if you ask me - but then so are most of the reality shows these days where they attempt to restore machine and man to his or her former glory that they never had to begin with.

To each their own in terms of hobbies. There are plenty of groups and societies that restore old tanks...not to mention nearly everything else; trains, planes, automobiles, missile silos, what-have-you.

This Polish group rebuilt this lend-lease Sherman (former Polish/Soviet) to excellent condition for their WW2 outings.

• 2 months later...

they're making a fuss over nothing quite harmless with no ammo and who could afford to fuel the things...I suppose there was dollar to made selling them for scrap...

Oh I know. Just yesterday I came across 200 tanks parked in the bush with the keys in 'em. Common everyday occurrence.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
The Beast of War...certainly one of the best war movies made.

Whenever I mention this movie to people I just draw a blank stare. It really is a good movie, I've been looking for it for years now. Just last week I found a video store in Barrie where they said they can order it in for me. I'm looking forward to watching it again.

• 2 months later...

Can't believe the Centurion hasn't been mentioned. One of the best tanks ever, maybe the best. First produced in 1945, Tigers and Panthers would have been dog meat if the Brits would have had in in numbers by D Day. It's armour was so good the Brits didn't bother to dig them in during the Korean War. The Aussie's used them in Viet Nam and the Israeli Sho't version clobbered Syrian T-55's on the Golan Heights in 73. Still being used in some parts of the world.

Can't believe the Centurion hasn't been mentioned. One of the best tanks ever, maybe the best. First produced in 1945, Tigers and Panthers would have been dog meat if the Brits would have had in in numbers by D Day. It's armour was so good the Brits didn't bother to dig them in during the Korean War. The Aussie's used them in Viet Nam and the Israeli Sho't version clobbered Syrian T-55's on the Golan Heights in 73. Still being used in some parts of the world.

Dancer posted a Centurion.

So he did. Wonder how I missed that.

Duplicates appreciated.

:)

The Whippet was almost a modern tank. Fast for its day. Just needed a turret & main gun. But as a machine-gun platform it was deadly when not faced with the German 77mm and the new anti-tank rifles.

I was in a display Mk IV once in England. Eight guys inside that? Nutz.

• 3 months later...