Liberal Ad's

wulf42

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I respectfull sugest you are talking out your ass. We have heavy lift. Yep...we can move two full strength infantry platooons with supplies to last a week...we have a navy that can defeat almost every other nation that doesn't have a navy...as long as we don't come up 'gainst india or Italy...

I'm not the one talking out of anywhere. I spend a great deal of time learning about thee topics. We have heavy lift that few can match and our Navy is good in comparisons for so many countries with our population. I wouldn't expect us to have the power of India or Italy. I suppose you would, but then you support the deficit party of Canada, so I wouldn't expect any less.

I would ask that you be slightly more respectful. I haven't attacked you in any way. You seem to be incapable of civility.

I would ask that you be slightly more respectful. I haven't attacked you in any way. You seem to be incapable of civility.

I am definitely incapable of civility, but I'm really trying. That's why when confronted by such obvious nonsense as what you have just posted, I said:

I respectfully suggest you are talking out your ass

That's me being polite.

Anyway, lets be Frank, (or at least Francis) we both know you are writing this on the fly and you don't know dick (or Richard) about it. Blue navy, green navy...heavy lift..gimme a break...you are using terms that you obviously and demonstrably don't know what they mean.

And I mean that Earnestly (or perhaps, just Ernest)

That's not at all what I was trying to say. I'm tired of people attacking our forces for lacking capability when much of the time, it's simply people wishing for something that we'll never have. Our forces do good work on behalf of us with good equipment save for a few examples. I get tire of the constant attack.

You mean like Canadians being bombed by Americans due to the lack of an emergency TACBE transmitter? Armored Personnel Carriers armored with Aluminum?

These aren't things that are designed to kill people, they are designed to save lives. Simple things......we're not trying to be the Excited States, but the state of things is rather disturbing.

I respectfull sugest you are talking out your ass. We have heavy lift. Yep...we can move two full strength infantry platooons with supplies to last a week...we have a navy that can defeat almost every other nation that doesn't have a navy...as long as we don't come up 'gainst india or Italy...

Actually the C-17's are on the way, that's a hell of an airplane.

What real world empirical evidence am I supposed to draw from? I can look at the numbers as presented, see the equipment that's been purchased, and see that the forces have been steadily improving over the last decade. You didn't know that we already had our C-17s. I did. I think that says a great deal right there.

:rolleyes: Right, I'm making it up as I go. Just because you don't know what something means....

You are like a cheap site foreman, when told that his carpenters are banging nails with the heels of shoes, explains that the shoe is quite capable and some carpenters in countries without nails don't have the luxary of shoes to hammer with...

No sorry chuckles, I know quite well these terms you have just learned..I perhaps knew their real meaning when you were still pooping your diapers.

Well, he knew that Canada already took delivery of all four Globemaster III's !!! :P

I stand corrected....we can move 6 full strength platoons with supplies for 2 weeks....which, is a lot more than most countries....France, Britain, USA, Russia, China, Ukraine, Australia, Italy excluded, can match.

I stand corrected....we can move 6 full strength platoons with supplies for 2 weeks....which, is a lot more than most countries....France, Britain, USA, Russia, China, Ukraine, Australia, Italy excluded, can match.

Well hell, that's all you need to invade Haiti and take over the airport!

...Canada has blown a lot of dough recently, clawing its way back to that treasured "middle power" status.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Well hell, that's all you need to invade Haiti and take over the airport!

...Canada has blown a lot of dough recently, clawing its way back to that treasured "middle power" status.

You won't let us live down the Haiti thing will you? You must remember - there is no Republican Guard in Haiti...nor is there one in Afghanistan. Us Canadians don't take changes - we never take on the tough guy - for God's sake we might embarrass our selves and lose. Maybe our next military adventure should be the invasion of the Easter Islands....I understand that there are terrorist hiding in tunnels under those huge statues.

Well I don't know so much about needing an AC...but the ability for a flotilla to operate independantly for an extended length of time. I don't believe was have that ability...IE ..to send a flotilla half way around the globe, conduct an attack and return without paying a visit to a port.

We can howeven, operate with blue water fleets...

and so can many countries, so we are wasting our time and money trying to play with the big kids...we are an insignificant little power that tags along with the the USA, our military capability frightens no one...the best thing we should do is convert to a defensive force, protect what's ours like Sweden and Switzerland...if we can....

Yes, we should abandon the important role that we've always played in the world.

We do good work, it's important work, and we aren't as weak as some here seem to think.

n

You're starting to sound like the petulent boy who wants to take his ball and go home.

It is a fact that our navy, airforce and army don't have the wherewithall to defend our coast, airspace and sovereignty...it would seem you think we are 10x as string as we are. I see no reason for compacency or slef satistfaction.

I know exactly what our strengths our (well, mostly, anyway). I also know that I was being sarcastic about pulling out of our world missions. As for our capability to defend ourselves, well, we haven't been invaded yet. The reality is that, given the disparity between our physical size and our population, we'll never be able to defend ourselves completely properly...unless we plan to bankrupt ourselves in the process. As for m, well, I'll be happy with the military budget doubling (according to some) since the early 2000s.

Edited by Smallc

What real world empirical evidence am I supposed to draw from? I can look at the numbers as presented, see the equipment that's been purchased, and see that the forces have been steadily improving over the last decade. You didn't know that we already had our C-17s. I did. I think that says a great deal right there.

What, that I have better things to do with my time than electronically track the status of every piece of equipment in our military?

n

You're starting to sound like the petulent boy who wants to take his ball and go home.

It is a fact that our navy, airforce and army don't have the wherewithall to defend our coast, airspace and sovereignty...it would seem you think we are 10x as string as we are. I see no reason for compacency or slef satistfaction.

I thought that's what the Excited States were for? I absolutely flat out refuse to believe that they are not going to have their hand in the extraction of the Norther Resources.

What, that I have better things to do with my time than electronically track the status of every piece of equipment in our military?

So do I, but Canada's military is one thing that I keep very close track of. Also, they were delivered to a great deal of fanfare.

Yes, we should abandon the important role that we've always played in the world.

We do good work, it's important work, and we aren't as weak as some here seem to think.

important work, sure it has value but many other countries do the same and most Canadians know nothing about them because we don't care... how many other nations that provide peace keeping forces can you name ?(without looking it up on the web)...our work is insignificant and goes largely unnoticed in the world (because they don't care)but it plays well on tv for the patriotic home audience...ya those politicians love to pose with the troops...

and ya, we are that weak....maybe we could overpower a tiny Caribbean nation for a short while but attrition and cost would have us heading home before very long...