Saved by the Stimulus

Imagine if all of it was spent !!! We would have so much stimulus we would not know what to do with it.

So you agree with my point that the so-called stimulus has had little to do with much? And to your second point...imagine if there was no such thing as inflation? :lol:

However, what isn't odd, is that you lied in the title of the thread. The WSJ doesn't claim that we've been "saved by the stimulus." That talking point is from you.

Really? The lede of the story is the following: "Government efforts to funnel hundreds of billions of dollars into the U.S. economy appear to be helping the U.S. climb out of the worst recession in decades." You can now either explain how, based on that, my thread title is misleading, or you can apologize for calling me a liar.

But I don't expect you to do either because that would require integrity.

So you agree with my point that the so-called stimulus has had little to do with much? And to your second point...imagine if there was no such thing as inflation? :lol:

I was being facetious at best. You are missing my point. Imagine if all the stimulus money was spent stimulizing things. This recession could have been over MONTHS ago :D

Inflation is for another thread altogether.

I was being facetious at best. You are missing my point. Imagine if all the stimulus money was spent stimulizing things. This recession could have been over MONTHS ago :D

No, it wouldn't. Not the way this stimulus was written. There was very little actual stimulus in the bill.

So the economy just fixed itself? How'd it do that?? !!

Of course economies fix themselves. It's pretty sad that your economic knowledge is so anemic. Economies can go into recession and come out of recession, by themselves. Why do I waste my time with you? :blink:

So you're suggesting that economies are independent of the people who live in them? You really don't have a clue, do you?

You and I both know we won't get a response to it. We will only get another 'ShadyNews-drive-by-posting' complaining how another deomocratic Nazi is messing things up. Then runs away screaming with his hands waiving in the air.

You think that entities that literally spend billions of dollars in the economy are not connected to the said economy?

And where do said entities get that money they spend? FROM THE ECONOMY. It's not wealth they've created on their own. All an economy needs from government is security, and the upholding of laws. However, government cannot exist without an economy to parasite from. It's FACT.

Stimulas save the asses of the rich spoiled lazy greedy jerks - it did nothing for common working people - as for the stock market - what a parasitic system! Not one "investor" actually makes anything or creates anything of real value - they are dependant on the caloused hands of the poor all over the world to sustain them - stimulas state side consisted of taking money from tax payers - their money - then lending them back their own money at an interest.. :lol: Or refusing to lend money to the ones who handed it over...so we are back in hording mode and everybody that is a crook sits pretty - great success - for some - I guess... :rolleyes:

Right, the fact that governments pull in money from other economies and that they direct a large portion of spending is irrelevant.

Governments take money out of the economy. Filter it through a wasteful bureaucracy, and then push it back into the economy. That process has little to do with strong economies. Economies can exist on their own. Governments can only exist on the behalf of an economy.

It's like me taking $50 dollars from your pay, then giving you back $40 dollars, and insisting that we're both dependent on eachother. :lol:

Give it up guys. It's obvious that you leftwingers have absolutely ZERO knowledge of how business and economies work. :angry:

A recession is when the ruling high archy screws things up - and they beg like trolls for money they have lost though bad management. Stimulus is when we shore up these losers to maintain their rash entitlement. Entitlement that they do not deserve. How stupid is the average person to keep a stupid rich man rich? Pretty stupid, I suppose.

It's FACT.

So there are no economic benefits from the taxes you pay for education? How about scientific research? How about infrastructure? How about health care? Do you really think you know everything when you won't even be able to answer those simple questions?

So there are no economic benefits from the taxes you pay for education? How about scientific research? How about infrastructure? How about health care? Do you really think you know everything when you won't even be able to answer those simple questions?

That wasn't the original premise. Answering the new premise, yes, taxes for education, scientific research, etc, do have benefits. Although, one would have to subscribe to the theory that only government can provide education, scientific research, etc. Which obviously isn't true. However, it's the system that we're currently stuck with.

No, it was the same premise. Get your argument straight. Your point was that government creates no economic benefit: it only sucks up money and redistributes it. Now you are admitting that much of what government does is actually beneficial and creates wealth, but you propose that these services could be offered in a libertarian, totally free market system instead.

Unfortunately, the "system we are stuck with" is the real world. The only libertarian countries in the real world look like Somalia.

So you're suggesting that economies are independent of the people who live in them? You really don't have a clue, do you?

Economies are living entities. And we have made our economy, very angry. Here's why-

"I'll tell you what happened, son. See, there's a bunch of idiots out there who weren't happy with what they had. They wanted a bigger house and materialistic things that they didn't even need. People with no money, who got loans to buy frivolous things they had no business buying...

and these assholes just blindly started buying any stupid thing that looked appealing 'cause they thought money was endless...

And the idiots couldn't see that by doing all this frivolous spending, they were mocking the economy! And they made the economy very angry. We're all feeling the economy's vengeance because of materialistic heathens who did stupid things with their money. Do you understand, son?"

---

But as Shady says, maybe the economy just needs to take a little vacation, and then when it comes back feeling all refreshed it will be ready to forgive us.

"To repent we must stop frivolous spending! Instead of paying for cable let us watch clouds! Instead of buying clothes, wear but sheets from thine beds! Cut spending to only the bare essentials! Water and bread and margaritas, yea."

Economies are living entities. And we have made our economy, very angry. Here's why-

"I'll tell you what happened, son. See, there's a bunch of idiots out there who weren't happy with what they had. They wanted a bigger house and materialistic things that they didn't even need. People with no money, who got loans to buy frivolous things they had no business buying...

and these assholes just blindly started buying any stupid thing that looked appealing 'cause they thought money was endless...

And the idiots couldn't see that by doing all this frivolous spending, they were mocking the economy! And they made the economy very angry. We're all feeling the economy's vengeance because of materialistic heathens who did stupid things with their money. Do you understand, son?"

That's all good and fine but it leaves out the other half (at least!) of the problem:

"I'll tell you what happened, son, See there's a bunch of idiots out there who weren't happy with the returns that they had. They wanted bigger returns so they found a way to lend other people's money, take a commission, and, eventually, stick the taxpayer with the bill. All of these assholes just blindly started lending money to any stupid person that had an appraisal that looked appealing 'cause they thought home prices only went up... And the idiots couldn't see that by doing all this frivolous lending, they were mocking the economy! And they made the economy very angry. We're all feeling the economy's vengeance because of the materialist bankers who did stupid things with other peoples money. Thank God the taxpayers stepped up to bail these guys out!

Do you understand, son? "

Edited by msj