Israel to allow cement into Gaza

tango

Israel to allow cement into Gaza

A Palestinian youth walks through a polluted stream near Gaza City (13 June 2009)

Sewage works have not been repaired due to a lack of materials

Israel has authorised a one-off shipment of hundreds of tonnes of cement and building materials to the heavily embargoed Gaza Strip.

It is the first official transfer of such goods since Israel's operation early this year in the coastal enclave.

Many Gazan buildings damaged during the offensive have not been rebuilt because of a shortage of building materials.

Oh let's all praise the Israelis for finally "allowing" Gaza the materials to fix its sewage plants ... 6 months after Israel destroyed them.

So ... is anybody still going to claim there is no ongoing siege against the civilians of Gaza?

Edited by tango

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 to 1 Hamas diverts the lion share to fabricate tunnels to smuggle in weapons.

Bad move on the israelis part.

Israel and its supporters are absolutely heartless about the children of Gaza.

Hatred of Hamas has evolved into racism against all of the people of Gaza.

That's indefensible, imo.

Israel must stop the expansion, stop the siege and withdraw to allow an international safe zone. There is no other solution.

Israel must stop the expansion, stop the siege and withdraw to allow an international safe zone. There is no other solution.

Israel is not expanding into Gaza. The siege is a response to rocket attacks.

Now Dub has compared the plight of Palestine with Germany after the war. I agree with him. Israel should use the same punitive measures that were used on Germany. Reparations and the loss of territory.

Israel is not expanding into Gaza. The siege is a response to rocket attacks.

Now Dub has compared the plight of Palestine with Germany after the war. I agree with him. Israel should use the same punitive measures that were used on Germany. Reparations and the loss of territory.

That's 'funny'. The rest of the world knows that Israel is the aggressor.

And we all know that Israel wants to take over Gaza too. But of course, that's not going to happen and since you have nothing but snide suggestions, then you are part of the problem.

The only solution is for Israel to stop the siege of Gaza, withdraw, and allow an international safe zone.

Edited by tango

Well, we must have different sources of information; what I read is, that the weapons and other supply are going in Gaza (from Egypt, not in), to be used against the invaders.

Semantics. Tunnels are dug from Gaza to Egypt then weapons and other supplies are shipped through. Various mafias actually run the tunnels which are of course, money makers if the Israelis don't blow them up or they don't collapse on their own.

Gaza Tunnels - Israel/Palestine: Journeyman Pictures

If the Palestinians want an "international safe zone", they can withdraw to make room for it. Of what benefit would such a zone be to Israel?

If the Palestinians want an "international safe zone", they can withdraw to make room for it. Of what benefit would such a zone be to Israel?

Thet tried all that once...and when the Arabs felt they were strong enough they kicked out the peacekeepers and tried to blockade Israel. A certain war soon followed...

To help the children of Palestine against Israeli aggression we need to keep weapons out of the hands of Hamas. This means stopping weapon shipments from Syria and Iran from reaching Palestine.

This would be preventative action and is legitimised under UN rules of conduct.

so it's hamas' magical powers that israel pulls the trigger and kills palestinian children?

i didn't know hamas exerted so much power over the IDF.

you're apologizing for war crimes.

Sigh. Which invaders would these be?

If you ask this question then you are not up to a freespirited discussion on this subject.

How does lobbing rockets at daycares in Israel accomplish this?

It does not. This is rather the sign of powerlessness.

How did bombing of trains, busses, market places help the Jewish cause? Or perhaps you don't even know about terrorism committed in palestine by Jews?

Israel has been propped up by money and weaponry from everywhere, particularly from the US. Today Israelis do not need "personal bombing", they have the most moder weapon systems. Let's supply the Palestinians with modern weapons and the required knowledge, and they will change from throwing the bomb by hand to dropping it from above or shooting from tanks. Until then your complaint is pure hypocrisy.

Is that an excuse?

asks the guy who spends 90% of his time giving excuses and apologizing for war crimes committed by israel, while spending the remaining 10% of his time posting youtube videos from years ago to try to counter amnesty international's investigation of war crimes during the most recent gaza attack.

asks the guy who spends 90% of his time giving excuses and apologizing for war crimes committed by israel...

You mean alledged war crimes.

Methinks you are a terrorist propagandist.

And not a bright one.

Tell us more about Germany and her post war borders please.

Is that an excuse?

It is an explanation of the backgrounds and a reminder for the hypocrites and liars about who introduced terrorism in the Palestine story.

I am not looking for excuses (it is not my business, except that I can't stand the mass of lies regarding history and politics). However, if I were a Palestinian, I would not need that excuse; Israel delivers enough daily.

A further hypocrisy is to separate this issue, i.e. attacking random targets, from the generic situation.

You mean alledged war crimes.

Methinks you are a terrorist propagandist.

And not a bright one.

Tell us more about Germany and her post war borders please.

Isreal has repetedley stated that they will solidify their borders in 2010. Almost 50 years post war.

http://www.friendsofsabeel.org.uk/images/I...estine_maps.jpg

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2006/03/29/i...-coalition.html

A new Israeli coalition government led by Kadima will be put together quickly, the party said on Wednesday, vowing to carry out its plan to withdraw from the West Bank and finalize the country's borders by 2010.

http://web.israelinsider.com/Articles/Politics/8311.htm

Olmert is to meet Monday with Labor Party leader Amir Peretz to finalize a coalition partnership that will make it easier for the Israeli leader to achieve his goal of drawing the country's final borders by 2010.

Isreal is not done yet.

It is an explanation of the backgrounds and a reminder for the hypocrites and liars about who introduced terrorism in the Palestine story.

Who introduced terrorism?

What does the 1929 massacre of jews in Hebron have to do with today?

Nothing.

Please continue your posting of irrelevancies.