Canadian Defends Anti-Medicare Ad

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see what you would not understand.
It is better then seeing Iggy in the American media banging the drums of war that is for sure. Or Harper kissing up and not saying anything.
Sounds like both are being accused by you of being too America-friendly. So typical among Canadian politicians.

Sounds like both are being accused by you of being too America-friendly. So typical among Canadian politicians.

No I am tired seeing our political figures (Iggy in the NYT and Harper on Fox News) not talking about Canadians issues. Go and actually look at them in the American media seriously.

I was just watching Huckabee.....because I hate myself. He made the familiar line about Canada's system working ok....for a minor complaint, but God help you if you have a major problem. If only we had a Prime Minister...or one of many countless ministers....or Leader of the Official Opposition...who was more willing to defend our system. The only people that I know of who have went on TV in the US are Jack Layton and Ujal Dosangh. It's true that those are people that do and have held fairly high positions, but where are the people at the top?

America can have any debate they want, but I'm not sure what we have to do with it, especially when single payer isn't going to be discussed. Being that our system is being attacked, it's too bad that there is no one in government willing to defend it.

I was just watching Huckabee.....because I hate myself. He made the familiar line about Canada's system working ok....for a minor complaint, but God help you if you have a major problem. If only we had a Prime Minister...or one of many countless ministers....or Leader of the Official Opposition...who was more willing to defend our system. The only people that I know of who have went on TV in the US are Jack Layton and Ujal Dosangh. It's true that those are people that do and have held fairly high positions, but where are the people at the top?

They simply have better things to do than responding to a Baptist preacher hesitant on blood transfusions.

America can have any debate they want, but I'm not sure what we have to do with it, especially when single payer isn't going to be discussed. Being that our system is being attacked, it's too bad that there is no one in government willing to defend it.

I think Iggy and Harper want to stay out of it. They refuse to pick a fight even though it will give them political sway with democrats it will kill them forever with Republicans.

They don't have to fight anyone though. They simply have to dispel any untruths. I'm not asking them to lie and portray perfection or slander anyone. I simply want them to stand up for what they supposedly believe in.

They don't have to fight anyone though. They simply have to dispel any untruths. I'm not asking them to lie and portray perfection or slander anyone. I simply want them to stand up for what they supposedly believe in.

I agree but like I said they wont. Ignatieff is done with the American media, there is enough fodder in there for the conservatives to last a life time and you know they are holding onto it for the next election. Harper I just don't think believes in socialized medicine and you know good amount of his base does not.

Jack is the only with the balls to go down there and try to set the record straight and say "Our system works, it didn't bankrupt the country, and it has made it so people can live longer."