Israel rejects US call to halt construction of more illegal settlement

kuzadd

On Sunday, Netanyahu told his Cabinet there would be no limits on Jewish construction anywhere in "unified Jerusalem."

"We cannot accept the fact that Jews wouldn't be entitled to live and buy anywhere in Jerusalem," Netanyahu declared, calling Israeli sovereignty over the entire city "indisputable."

However:

The international community considers Jewish neighborhoods in east Jerusalem to be settlements and an obstacle to Israeli-Palestinian peacemaking because they complicate a possible division of the city. Israel does not regard them as settlements because it annexed east Jerusalem after capturing the area in 1967. The annexation has not been recognized internationally.

Expansionist Israel, same old same old.

Yawn, how obvious is this tired routine getting?

Oh and I like this picture!

Feelin the love

Edited by kuzadd

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what do you propose to do with all the displaced Canadians when land is returned?

what are you talking about?

are you seriously trying to equate the 2 situations? i had no idea that there was something like the internationally recognized 1967 border that canada had with the aboriginals.

what are you talking about?

are you seriously trying to equate the 2 situations? i had no idea that there was something like the internationally recognized 1967 border that canada had with the aboriginals.

How racist and oppressive of you to ignore First Nation's land claims.

Oh the humanity! (sobbing).

How racist and oppressive of you to ignore First Nation's land claims.

Oh the humanity! (sobbing).

eh?

the first nations' land claims are being dealt with. we don't have fanatical religious settlers occupying their lands. we're not demolishing their homes and breaking international law.

eh?

the first nations' land claims are being dealt with. we don't have fanatical religious settlers occupying their lands. we're not demolishing their homes and breaking international law.

Yes you are according to Amnesty International. Land claims have dragged on for decades. Would you support rocket attacks on Hamilton, Ontario from Caledonia? After all, these would be new attacks and not part of the longstanding dispute.

Yes you are according to Amnesty International. Land claims have dragged on for decades. Would you support rocket attacks on Hamilton, Ontario from Caledonia? After all, these would be new attacks and not part of the longstanding dispute.

i don't accept any rocket attacks.

do you accept a military occupation of alaska where the borders, the waters and the air are controlled by the occupier? how about, putting in crazy religious settlers all over alaska? you cool with dat homie?

Of course you do...you just said so....since they occurred after Israeli "occupation".

do you accept a military occupation of alaska where the borders, the waters and the air are controlled by the occupier? how about, putting in crazy religious settlers all over alaska? you cool with dat homie?

Yes...I am. Americans do it all the time....homie apologist.

They already do. It's called Utah. Land of no martinis.

Of course you do...you just said so....since they occurred after Israeli "occupation".

eh?

your attention span and memory is lacking.

i said your 'reason' for israel's occupation does not fit well with the timeline, since the attacks happened decades after israel's occupation and the illegal settlements.

try again.

Yes...I am. Americans do it all the time....homie apologist.

okay. you're honest about your stance.

i just wish people like krusty, dancer and bonam were honest like you.

i just wish people like krusty, dancer and bonam were honest like you.

The guy who does nothing but post thread after thread after thread complaining about Israel is saying the guy who met more Arabs he liked than Jews and believes settlements should not be made and instead, taken down or the Palestinians paid for that land is not honest simply because I don't have a rabid hatred of Israel like you and your sock puppet do?

The guy who does nothing but post thread after thread after thread complaining about Israel is saying the guy who met more Arabs he liked than Jews and believes settlements should not be made and instead, taken down or the Palestinians paid for that land is not honest simply because I don't have a rabid hatred of Israel like you and your sock puppet do?

i don't hate israel.

israel is a lovely place and there are many lovely people in israel. i've met them. some of these lovely israelis turned off their loveliness when describing their support fot the treatment of the palestinians. however, most that i've talked to, seem to find these settlements to be the central problem of the conflict and find their government to be controlled by a group of rotating old school boys who are heavily influenced by people who still envision greater israel.

anyway, despite the loveliness that israel does have, it doesn't mean that we should brush their treatment of the palestinians under the rug. israel has created a high standard for itself just like western countries. well above the countries that surround it. why do some people become sensitive when someone criticizes israel's unwillingness to follow these standards?

why do some people become sensitive when someone criticizes israel's unwillingness to follow these standards?become sensitive when someone criticizes israel's unwillingness to follow these standards?

Cause they, and only they and those are shoved down our throats ad nausea by certain people on a continual basis making any serious discussion of the problem impossible.

Cause they, and only they and those are shoved down our throats ad nausea by certain people on a continual basis making any serious discussion of the problem impossible.

no.

you brush any criticism of israel under the rug; for example, amnesty's report on war crimes, red cross' report, HRW's report and even active members of the IDF. i think allegations of war crimes is a pretty serious discussion, don't you?

war crime apologists assist in this continual discussion by continually denying and apologizing for the war crimes.

then you have 'rabid israeli supporters' like bc2004 who wants everyone to shrug their shoulders and just accept what is happening in that region.

Why do some people support and apologize for the actions of those with much lower "standards"...or none at all?

i never have. neither has my government.

if you have seen me apologize for any of these 'illegal actions', by all means, quote me on it. otherwise, stfu.

no.

you brush any criticism of israel under the rug; for example, amnesty's report on war crimes, red cross' report, HRW's report and even active members of the IDF. i think allegations of war crimes is a pretty serious discussion, don't you?

Any criticism of israel? Holy f*ck Dub, that's all you do is that and, start five threads a week all doing the same. We'd love to have a rational discussion with you on this matter however, due to the sheer volume of anti Israel posts we find that is out of the question. If you tone it down a bit you might find a more receptive audience.

If all you did was harp on about Hamas and how they did this, did that, were guilty of this and that and could have done this but did that and tortured this guy and broke this guy's leg, used this ambulance etc most of us would probably defend some of their rational and actions just because it is so one sided.

In short, we are here to hopefully have a rational discussion and instead, find ourselves with propaganda in our face 24/7. Of course we are going to fight that propaganda.

Any criticism of israel? Holy f*ck Dub, that's all you do is that and, start five threads a week all doing the same. We'd love to have a rational discussion with you on this matter however, due to the sheer volume of anti Israel posts we find that is out of the question. If you tone it down a bit you might find a more receptive audience.

i'm not looking for a reception from people like you.

you 4 or 5 or 6... who give a slightly varied but still extremely biased perspective of the issue are the ones trying to drown reality and honesty with your nationalism.

If all you did was harp on about Hamas and how they did this, did that, were guilty of this and that and could have done this but did that and tortured this guy and broke this guy's leg, used this ambulance etc most of us would probably defend some of their rational and actions just because it is so one sided.

it's not my fault that over 900 palestinian civilians were killed, thousands were injured, hundreds of palestinian homes were damaged or turned into rubble and even after the bombing has stopped the palestinians are still struggling to live a normal life due to the border blockades enforced by israel and also egypt. it's also not my fault that, on the other side, 3 israeli civilians were killed. disproportionate attacks on civilians like this, will land disproportionate coverage of the conflict.

In short, we are here to hopefully have a rational discussion and instead, find ourselves with propaganda in our face 24/7. Of course we are going to fight that propaganda.

that statement is chuckle worthy.

damn you amnesty international, the red cross, HRW and self-hating IDF soldiers for your proooopaaagaaaandaaaaaa! daaaaamnnn you!

i'm not looking for a reception from people like you.

That's fine as I certainly don't attempt to change people like you whatsoever. I just make impartial arguments against your puppy mill standard bullshit left wing Jew hatred.

you 4 or 5 or 6... who give a slightly varied but still extremely biased perspective of the issue are the ones trying to drown reality and honesty with your nationalism.

My nationalism? My wish is to have me or my Grandchildren ultimately see see the Green and White along with the Star of David on the Flag of Israel/Palestine. Some nationalism that is huh?

it's not my fault that over 900 palestinian civilians were killed, thousands were injured, hundreds of palestinian homes were damaged or turned into rubble and even after the bombing has stopped the palestinians are still struggling to live a normal life due to the border blockades enforced by israel and also egypt. it's also not my fault that, on the other side, 3 israeli civilians were killed. disproportionate attacks on civilians like this, will land disproportionate coverage of the conflict.

Certainly not Israel's fault either. Remem,ber the expert, Col Kemp? The guy I compared top the lady who does tea meetings with people? The guy who runs his own intelligence service and has thirty years experience dealing with vermin like Hamas?

He says

And Hamas, like Hizballah, are also highly expert at driving the media agenda. They will always have people ready to give interviews condemning Israeli forces for war crimes. They are adept at staging and distorting incidents.

Their people often have no option than to go along with the charades in front of the world's media that Hamas so frequently demand, often on pain of death.

What is the other challenge faced by the IDF that we British do not have to face to the same extent?

It is the automatic, pavlovian presumption by many in the international media, and international human rights groups, that the IDF are in the wrong, that they are abusing human rights.

So what did the IDF do in Gaza to meet their obligation to operate within the laws of war? When possible the IDF gave at least four hours' notice to civilians to leave areas targeted for attack.

Attack helicopter pilots, tasked with destroying Hamas mobile weapons platforms, had total discretion to abort a strike if there was too great a risk of civilian casualties in the area. Many missions that could have taken out Hamas military capability were cancelled because of this.

During the conflict, the IDF allowed huge amounts of humanitarian aid into Gaza. This sort of task is regarded by military tacticians as risky and dangerous at the best of times. To mount such operations, to deliver aid virtually into your enemy's hands, is to the military tactician, normally quite unthinkable.

But the IDF took on those risks.

In the latter stages of Cast Lead the IDF unilaterally announced a daily three-hour cease fire. The IDF dropped over 900,000 leaflets warning the population of impending attacks to allow them to leave designated areas. A complete air squadron was dedicated to this task alone.

Leaflets also urged the people to phone in information to pinpoint Hamas fighters vital intelligence that could save innocent lives.

The IDF phoned over 30,000 Palestinian households in Gaza, urging them in Arabic to leave homes where Hamas might have stashed weapons or be preparing to fight. Similar messages were passed in Arabic on Israeli radio broadcasts warning the civilian population of forthcoming operations.

Despite Israel's extraordinary measures, of course innocent civilians were killed and wounded. That was due to the frictions of war that I have spoken about, and even more was an inevitable consequence of Hamas' way of fighting.

By taking these actions and many other significant measures during Operation Cast Lead the IDF did more to safeguard the rights of civilians in a combat zone than any other Army in the history of warfare.

damn you amnesty international, the red cross, HRW and self-hating IDF soldiers for your proooopaaagaaaandaaaaaa! daaaaamnnn you!

Dam them for falling prey to a milent group that uses propaganda as their biggest weapon. A few rockets will do squat but, if they can provoke reaction and have morons standing at the ready with video cams and wronging hands with fingers on a hair trigger to point at Israel, then certainly, a few women and children sacrificed like Gandhian fodder will do nicely. And, that's why you have the casualties all ready for your gleeful use.

And Hamas, like Hizballah, are also highly expert at driving the media agenda. They will always have people ready to give interviews condemning Israeli forces for war crimes. They are adept at staging and distorting incidents.

Their people often have no option than to go along with the charades in front of the world's media that Hamas so frequently demand, often on pain of death.