GM Bailout

It had nothing to do about who is jewish or not - and please stop trying to saddle me with that wet moldy blanket of anti-semitism....While sueing a Jewish institution - I mentioned to a young female Jewish lawyer - bush league ...she was nice - once she figured out we were not crazed supremists or haters - I am not a hater benny - get that straight ----------------any way - we mentioned to this lawyer that there was a Jewish mafia - she said that there was no such thing - EVERY GROUP ON EARTH HAS A MAFIA OF SORTS... All I mentioned was that Greenspan and that group - get along on the surface with the anglo elite - but underneath they are very competative _ The look on Greenspans face was distressed - I instinctively knew he did not do his best work defending Black - and I firmly believe that Eddie knew that also...it was subtle - but to not give it your best is a betrayal. sorry been - that's what my common sense tells me....and stop being a jerk with the jewish thing - It's not going to fly with me or anyone else that can think - including the Jews.

That Conrad Black is white like snow is irrelevant for the topic at hands.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Conrad Black is white like snow is irrelevant for the topic at hands.

Makes me feel superiour to grant mercy and grace to a man that has none - would he be seeking our freedom if we were incarcerated? Probably not.....it's arrogant on my part to have power over an even more arrogant man - but I guess I am spiteful....he will be out in time - will he have learned anything positive? Time will tell - the thread was an experiment - in do we release a man that repents or do we hold him - will he admit he was a naive self absorbed jerk all his life? I was? The only difference is that Conrad had money and I did not - other than that - I am no different...other than I choose freedom over money.

Makes me feel superiour to grant mercy and grace to a man that has none - would he be seeking our freedom if we were incarcerated? Probably not.....it's arrogant on my part to have power over an even more arrogant man - but I guess I am spiteful....he will be out in time - will he have learned anything positive? Time will tell - the thread was an experiment - in do we release a man that repents or do we hold him - will he admit he was a naive self absorbed jerk all his life? I was? The only difference is that Conrad had money and I did not - other than that - I am no different...other than I choose freedom over money.

This topic is about Motors, General, then Generous and now Government.

This bailout was an expensive mistake in my view. The government shoring up business is nothing less than the transfer of public wealth to private ventures. We would be better off with communism!

With the natural minister Raitt scandal, we have seen that your view can change very fast.

This bailout was an expensive mistake in my view.

Exactly. Now GM, with the backing of the federal government, has access to an infinite amount of cheap capital. Whereas Ford, Toyota, Honda, etc has to rely on it's own private means. Which means that GM can offer better incentives and lower financing options using taxpayer money, and undercut Ford's prices and options of the same kind.

There's one problems to Chrysler and GM, will North Americans buy small cars? If the gas prices are reasonable NO, so watch the gas prices go sky ward! I don't especially like small cars. They may be good on gas but get hit by an 18 wheeler, and you'll be lucky if they can find you. Also, the electric car, has some good things but in Ontario with hydro prices soaring, how much more will the homeowner be hit? I hear that the oil companies in the US are buying up ethanol industry so they can control the out put. Always protecting their as*es!

Exactly. Now GM, with the backing of the federal government, has access to an infinite amount of cheap capital. Whereas Ford, Toyota, Honda, etc has to rely on it's own private means. Which means that GM can offer better incentives and lower financing options using taxpayer money, and undercut Ford's prices and options of the same kind.

Wait for it..........other auto manufacturers can step up to the plate and claim a WTO infraction for government subsidization!

On this present GM topic too your opinion seems a blind application of the right-wing ideology.

Opinion is theory...everyone has one - they are as different as finger prints. All the speculation in the world does not always resolve a problem - fact or reality resolve all! As for right wing idealogy - there is no right wing - the left has gone so far afield that they have popped out on the right side of the spectrum - extremism is right wing - and Liberal ideology is extreme at this point in time - the best so-called conservatives can do is me moderate centralists.

On this present GM topic too your opinion seems a blind application of the right-wing ideology.

I am not really a righty, nor a lefty either. I do favour a decidedly liberal social policy but a conservative fiscal policy.

In the case of bailouts, I do not approve of the wealth transfer. Its simply not the governments business to support "private" enterprise. I think it foolish and a waste of tax dollars to do so. Those tax dollars would have been better spent to pay for retraining and school loans to individual citizens.

I am not really a righty, nor a lefty either. I do favour a decidedly liberal social policy but a conservative fiscal policy.

In the case of bailouts, I do not approve of the wealth transfer. Its simply not the governments business to support "private" enterprise. I think it foolish and a waste of tax dollars to do so. Those tax dollars would have been better spent to pay for retraining and school loans to individual citizens.

"Wealth transphere"???? :lol: That's a fancey word for welfare...what you don't think the rich need a welfare cheaque? The do need one - who is going to pay the pool boy and paint the house in the south of france...we must support the rich -nothing sadder than a confused billionare walking around the streets - and sleeping on a grate like a cuxified non-compliant.

"Wealth transphere"???? :lol: That's a fancey word for welfare...what you don't think the rich need a welfare cheaque? The do need one - who is going to pay the pool boy and paint the house in the south of france...we must support the rich -nothing sadder than a confused billionare walking around the streets - and sleeping on a grate like a cuxified non-compliant.

We support the rich in a great many ways, they need no help from the feds or anyone else.

You are right that one of our real issues these days is in fact corporate welfare.

Economics is called the "dismal science" because it likes to remember us that we cannot have them both; we have to choose one of them.

Economics is called the "dismal science" because it likes to remember us that we cannot have them both; we have to choose one of them.

You can not have two masters - you will learn to love one and hate the other...Those that choose to be rich...are much like those that choose to be poor..both have made a decision..to either serve or plunder - you can not do both..It's too bad that money has such power - It's like a childs favourite toy. The child will bite and scratch if you attempt to take it - even if the child does not need it - it will deny the other out of sheer spite. This is the problematic baseness of humans..and should be over come - If some resourse is not being used - It should not be horded -------------spoke to an eccentic banker type that lives close by - he said the banks have stopped lending their toys.....and that private rich people world wide have ALSO STOPPED LENDING...This is a dilema - in the end no one will have a toy.

You can not have two masters - you will learn to love one and hate the other...Those that choose to be rich...are much like those that choose to be poor..both have made a decision..to either serve or plunder - you can not do both..It's too bad that money has such power - It's like a childs favourite toy. The child will bite and scratch if you attempt to take it - even if the child does not need it - it will deny the other out of sheer spite. This is the problematic baseness of humans..and should be over come - If some resourse is not being used - It should not be horded -------------spoke to an eccentic banker type that lives close by - he said the banks have stopped lending their toys.....and that private rich people world wide have ALSO STOPPED LENDING...This is a dilema - in the end no one will have a toy.

What those who are opposed to this bailout don't seem to understand is that social cooperation is more fundamental than pure competition. Without a state expressing its will to guarantee social cooperation, competition itself would end up rapidly into pure madness.