Digital TV

Hate to break this to you Topaz but they have been broadcasting in both analog and digital ever since HD broadcasts started. Maybe even before that. Television companies were required to continue analog broadcasts in order to give people several years to switch equipment. Sorry but you have already been nuked. Where do you find this stuff?

PS If you are afraid of the effects of digital broadcasting what the hell are you doing in front of that computer?

DID I say I was afraid of digital broadcasting? NO! YOU assume I do. I found the article and thought it would be a topic for debate and not attacks.

DID I say I was afraid of digital broadcasting? NO! YOU assume I do. I found the article and thought it would be a topic for debate and not attacks.

Okay....what is it you think is debatable?

I found this open letter to President Obama from scientist in Europe and they are suggesting that there are serious health problems that may be linked to this kind of broadcasting. http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?con...a&aid=12596

First of all, keep in mind that this was an 'open letter'... it was not properly peer-reviewed, nor did it appear in a proper science journal.

Second, who exactly are the authors? (Waldmann-Selsam, Aschermann and Kern.) From the looks of the article, these are physicians. While becoming a doctor may require intelligence, being a doctor is not the same as being a scientist, where strong use of control groups, statistics, etc. is critical. Furthermore, I did a quick search on these people; about the only things I could find that they published were similar warnings about electromagnetic radiation (from cell phones). If these are accomplished scientists, I have yet to see any evidence for it. (I know that a lack of scienctific history doesn't necessarily mean that they're wrong, but if their claims are true, why haven't they published them in a peer-reviewed journal?

Thirdly, this article appeared on the globalreasearch web site, the same web site that's hosting such nonsense as 9/11 conspiricy articles.

Lastly, as someone else has pointed out, they've actually been broadcasting digital TV in the US for years. The original February deadline (now delayed to June) was not the date when stations were supposed to START broadcasting in digital (many stations had been simultaneiously broadcasting in digital and analog). It was the date when all stations were supposed to stop broadcasting in analog and use digital exclusively. If there had been any problem with digital tv, we would have seen the effects already.

Edited by segnosaur

I only skimmed the article; I think Segnosaur and Wilber have pointed out some key points.

On a more general note, I would point out that there's not actually such a thing as "digital broadcasting" in a literal sense.

Radio waves are by definition analog; one can not broadcast "ones" and "zeroes"; digital data is modulated into analog waveforms that have been around since Marconi. Digital data is transmitted on analog waveforms just like your AM or FM radio, except that the changes in frequency, phase, and amplitude represent data bits rather than notes or tones.

Amplitude modulation has been with us for many many years; as has frequency and phase modulation. The notion that these techniques have suddenly started causing an outbreak of illness seems nonsensical. I believe "digital broadcasting" will be in frequency bands that have already been in use for years as well, so the theory that these are dangerous new frequencies seems likewise far fetched.

"Digital" refers to what information is being transmitted, not how it is being transmitted.

-k

On a more general note, I would point out that there's not actually such a thing as "digital broadcasting" in a literal sense....

Mostly true, however, the earliest forms of broadcasting did include interruption of continuous wave RF emmissions by very crude means in the form of what we know as dots and dashes (e.g. Morse Code). This technique still exists for survivable / encrypted military communications when all the fancy kit fails.

Mostly true, however, the earliest forms of broadcasting did include interruption of continuous wave RF emmissions by very crude means in the form of what we know as dots and dashes (e.g. Morse Code). This technique still exists for survivable / encrypted military communications when all the fancy kit fails.

Bianary code is still Morse Code - still a sequence of dots and dashes or ones and zeros..just faster.....as far as encrypted communications - those civilians in powerful seats encrypt everything - except misinformation..We click away at a computer and everyone knows our buisness...we talk on the phone and who ever has the resourses can listen - Privacy causes focus - and with focus you can get things done - Thats why the highest level of governments and mafias are so successful --------------- the code of silence.......they do not tell us anything that they think - and we bare our souls like trusting fools.

Bianary code is still Morse Code - still a sequence of dots and dashes or ones and zeros..just faster.....as far as encrypted communications

Right you are....back when we used tin cans and cotton string for play, percussion in Morse Code had longer range than "modulated" voice. No batteries or cell phone contract required! :lol:

_..., . , . , ._. ., ....!

once VE3EKJ