Tamils blocking our hospitals!

Muddy

Soon as you mention the diversionary "babies and strollers" - I sense insincerity - or enflame the situation by suggesting "could turn violent in an instant" - For a demostration this size to repeatedly go on with out a hitch is an accomplishment....IF - You had relatives that were herded to one end of the Island of Shrilanka - or into a corner of Gaza - where the purpose of your advesary is to pull off a mini genocide - YOU would show no quams about blocking a street or two in order to get some attention and help. IF we sit back and watch the abuse and killing of weaker tribes and sit back in our armchairs with egotistical racist attitudes towards such crimes - we are losing the high moral ground.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soon as you mention the diversionary "babies and strollers" - I sense insincerity -

Not diversionary or insincere but factual, Oleg.

Woman with children in strollers and young girls had taken the front row of the protest and were within a few metres of 60 police dressed in full riot gear, including shields.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...tory/Front/home

or enflame the situation by suggesting "could turn violent in an instant"

To me, police armed with tear gas and uncooperative protesters doesn't exactly conjure up a peaceful atmosphere.

- For a demostration this size to repeatedly go on with out a hitch is an accomplishment....IF - You had relatives that were herded to one end of the Island of Shrilanka - or into a corner of Gaza - where the purpose of your advesary is to pull off a mini genocide - YOU would show no quams about blocking a street or two in order to get some attention and help.

Yes I would have qualms about mimicking what these protesters have been doing in our major cities. First thing I would do is obey the law and keep my kids out of harms way.

We have a good police force and the intimidation of riot gear does not expand into the trampling of babes in trams...my point was that this group of protestors gave thousands of votes to their liberal friends and now they are abandoned by the provincials and federals - The Tamil population is substantial in Toronto and apparently highly orgainized....IF - we as former peace keepers were in our traditional role and not mimicing the American policy of power projection - we would spare a few troops to go and make sure that relatives of CANADIAN CITIZENS are not being murdered...sound like a civil approach to me - the Liberals owe this group big time - but are convienently off the hook because their supporters are not classes as terrorists..wtf!

We have a good police force and the intimidation of riot gear does not expand into the trampling of babes in trams...my point was that this group of protestors gave thousands of votes to their liberal friends and now they are abandoned by the provincials and federals - The Tamil population is substantial in Toronto and apparently highly orgainized....IF - we as former peace keepers were in our traditional role and not mimicing the American policy of power projection - we would spare a few troops to go and make sure that relatives of CANADIAN CITIZENS are not being murdered...sound like a civil approach to me - the Liberals owe this group big time - but are convienently off the hook because their supporters are not classes as terrorists..wtf!

Correction - now classed as terrorists.

The Tamil population is substantial in Toronto and apparently highly orgainized....

Totally agree on this point.

IF - we as former peace keepers were in our traditional role and not mimicing the American policy of power projection - we would spare a few troops to go and make sure that relatives of CANADIAN CITIZENS are not being murdered...sound like a civil approach to me - the Liberals owe this group big time - but are convienently off the hook because their supporters are not classes as terrorists..wtf!

If there's no oil in Sri Lanka, we ain't going. :lol::P

Totally agree on this point.

If there's no oil in Sri Lanka, we ain't going. :lol::P

Just had a big laugh - you are funny...but there is tea...the British thought that a cup of tea was worth it ----maybe they have coffee and tobacco..that would be profitiable - count me in - no tea - just caffiene and nicotine please.

The Tamil population is substantial in Toronto and apparently highly orgainized....IF - we as former peace keepers were in our traditional role and not mimicing the American policy of power projection - we would spare a few troops to go and make sure that relatives of CANADIAN CITIZENS are not being murdered...

Sorry old chap....they appear to be very busy doing just that. Let's see how much the brave Tigers like tear gas, K-9s, and water hoses!

Sorry old chap....they appear to be very busy doing just that. Let's see how much the brave Tigers like tear gas, K-9s, and water hoses!

Or minted curry spray with some hot sauce squirted out of a can.... Britian abandoned Ceylon (Shirlanka) same way they abandoned Jamacia - and we made the mistake of re-adapting the sons and daughters of the old work force - but forgot that after a generation or two - our civilzing influence disappated..and we imported wayward children of slaves - who are pissed off...

..... - but forgot that after a generation or two - our civilzing influence disappated..and we imported wayward children of slaves - who are pissed off...

Well in that case...give them a real reason to be pissed off. These coddled protesters wouldn't know oppression even if it jumped in their laps and called them "Mama".

Well in that case...give them a real reason to be pissed off. These coddled protesters wouldn't know oppression even if it jumped in their laps and called them "Mama".

Lived for a year in a Tamil enclave in Toronto - I used one of the local barber shops - Tamil Tiger magazines were on display as you got a trim - latest in weapons..and tactics and a lot of photos of brown Chey Gavara types - that was about five years ago - and no one called them terrorists them - talk about being coddled - no joke - instruction on the cleaning your AK....all at the local barber shop - got to take the old dog out for a walk - he's giving me the look...thanks BC - entertaining as per usual - good night.

Now they blocked the Gardner expressway. This anarchy is a template for future anarchy. Why our cops are not putting a few sticks to heads is a dereliction of duty. We tax ,the tax paying public have a right to go about our business unencumbered by mobs.

Again I repeat . If you or I blocked the Gardner or University Avenue in a one man protest ,how long do you think we would be tolerated by the Police? We would be incarcerated in a matter of minutes. Why is right then that a mob is allowed?

I have lost all sympathy for the Tamils. Their demonstrations have gone beyond protests into the realm of anarchy.

I have lost all sympathy for the Tamils. Their demonstrations have gone beyond protests into the realm of anarchy.

Though it's by no means a scientific survey, judging again by the comments left at the Toronto Star and The Globe and Mail, you're not alone with your sentiments.

Though it's by no means a scientific survey, judging again by the comments left at the Toronto Star and The Globe and Mail, you're not alone with your sentiments.

Well, the Tamils in Toronto have targeted innocent Canadian citizens with their protests. Is that not the definition of terrorism? They could have blocked Queens Park and no one would have cared. No, they chose to inconvenience the maximum number of people who have nothing to do with their issue, thinking somehow that people would therefore support them and pressure the feds to help their cause.

They've accomplished exactly the opposite, of course. What "rocket scientists".

Then again, perhaps they're counting on McGuinty to duck, hide and throw them something out of his policies of appeasement. They don't HAVE to care what the citizens of Toronto think of them! The citizens are irrelevant! If the politicians give them what they want rather than stand up to them they win.

Dangerous game. Right now, any politician who stands up to them and tells them to get stuffed is almost guaranteed a seat in or near Toronto.

If the politicians give them what they want rather than stand up to them they win.
The large group ended the protest around midnight after leaders were able to speak with the office of Liberal Leader Michael Ignatieff.

Protest spokesman Siva Vimal said Ignatieff's office issued assurances that their cause would be brought up at the next Liberal caucus meeting.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...?hub=TopStories

Why do I have the feeling that this will do nothing to stop Tamils illegally blocking roads and endangering average citizens?

The Tamil supporters have managed to entice Ignatieff's office to get involved in calming the protest. This misguided action taken by Liberals to placate the protesters in the face of the mounting frustration of Torontonians will come back to bite them.

And what a great message it sends for future similar protracted protests by other groups. It's OK to break the law if it's done in the name of free speech.

Apparently the Tamils had their children in the front racks on the highway. What kind of parent puts their children in a potential confrontation? This borders on child abuse. If some thugs had got mixed up in this incident....well who knows! I have lost all patience with groups who think they have a right to take away my right.

Apparently the Tamils had their children in the front racks on the highway. What kind of parent puts their children in a potential confrontation?

It's a common tactic of the Tigers to use civilians (I assume including children) as human shields in their battle with the Sri Lankan government. As individuals in this mob were carrying Tigers' flags, it's hardly surprising they'd adopt similar tactics.

It's a common tactic of the Tigers to use civilians (I assume including children) as human shields in their battle with the Sri Lankan government. As individuals in this mob were carrying Tigers' flags, it's hardly surprising they'd adopt similar tactics.

These Tamils are getting a head of themselves. It would be hard for our government to support them at this time as the Tigers are concidered to be a terrorist group. They should try to change that issue first. Till then, I cannot support them. I am against protested being held by terrorist groups. I have no problem with the cops if they disallowed a protest in Canada in support of Al Qaeda or neo-nazis (who as far as I'm concerned are terrorists).

So not only are they promoting a terrorist group but are breaking Canadian laws in doing so. Hard to get sympathy. If they aren't a terrorist group, fight the classification first. Canada shouldn't support terrorist groups

Isn't this a problem for the Feds and not the province of Ontario? Why are these people not going to Ottawa and dealing with the Tories who have the power to do something?? Someone is slipping.

Exactly what power do the Tories have that would make the Tamils happy?

Exactly what power do the Tories have that would make the Tamils happy?

I think these protests are just all over the place and the organizers don't know what to do. Judging from the lack of effect they are having. Comments on the news media websites show the tamils are failling to gather support.

I really can't see Canada (even if the Tigers weren't consider terrorist) doing much if the UN doesn't care. All for not

Isn't this a problem for the Feds and not the province of Ontario? Why are these people not going to Ottawa and dealing with the Tories who have the power to do something?? Someone is slipping.

Why are we putting up with a terrorist group and giving them any credibility in the first place. They break the law with impunity and our authorities stand by wringing their hands. Hiding behind children while committing anarchy tells us who and what these people are.

This is Canada and we welcome all comers from all over the world ,but do not accept them bringing their wars to our shores. If they don`t like the response of this government they can always feel free to move on.

Now that the coppers have let a highway get stormed, and the result was very few charges, media listened, and government listened (okay, not THE government, but members of the government anyway) it is guaranteed this is going to happen again - now it can be seen as a way to get noticed.

The cops should have arrested the lot of them, children's aid should have taken away the kids that were brought onto the highway, and every one of the protesters without Canadian citizenship should have been deported. That would have taught them to protest legally and let them know that laws need to be followed in Canada, if they don't want to live like that, then go home - hell, even give them a gang-confiscated weapon from the police's vault - let them fight their own battle back at home.

The cops should have arrested the lot of them, children's aid should have taken away the kids that were brought onto the highway, and every one of the protesters without Canadian citizenship should have been deported. That would have taught them to protest legally and let them know that laws need to be followed in Canada,
Police, who finally cleared the highway around midnight, showed professionalism and patience.

We agree with Chief Bill Blair -- armchair criticism yesterday to the contrary -- that for officers to have waded into that crowd swinging batons to clear the roadway would have been a disaster.

http://www.torontosun.com/comment/editoria...428631-sun.html

Exactly what disaster did Chief Blair allude to? A PR disaster for the cops? Physical harm coming to the protesters in a melee with cops? It's unclear what the chief meant by a potential "disaster".

The manner in which police authorities in Canada handle these law breaking protesters is not exclusive to Canada.

Police had initially appeared hesitant to deal with the Tamils, as some privately expressed concern of an adverse media reaction if they use force after the controversy surrounding policing of the G20 demonstrations.

One sergeant told The Times: “There’s women and children ... you can imagine how that would look in the press.” Police cameramen were among many filming when officers began moving the protesters.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article6266397.ece

It's evident that the cops are failing to take decisive action to enforce the law because they fear being accused of using undue force against protesters, especially where minorities are involved. Maintaining law and order in our civil society is taking a back seat to protecting the image of those responsible with that essential task.

I think these protests are just all over the place and the organizers don't know what to do.

They would probably have more influence back in Sri Lanka. I would certainly be willing to foot the bill for every single Tamil to go back to Sri Lanka and express their views and concerns there.