In Toronto, people go hungry all the time

tango

There is a class of what we refere to as losers that will never work...they are so far gone and institutionalized and feel rejected from society that they can only be described as hopeless. Our system slowly adjusts the poor to being the poor of mind - in other words we persecute rather than encourage...and in time like dogs that have been kicked simply cower in the shadows..the striking part is - I have spoken to some of these rejects..and was stunned at the level of intelligence and awareness - some simply know to much and can not fit into a corporate atmosphere where we must think like pigeons in our pigeon holes....no corporation wants older experienced workers nor do they want wise younger ones - they need dumb ones to be part their collective...we have a tremendous waste of human resourse and talent..who now lay at the bottom of the heap - in other words there are those that are over qualified...tons of them..who lay about like garbage because mediocre is what is needed.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your conclusion should be: people that are looking for work are not part of our readers.

Nothing to do with our posters and readers. If there is so much poverty and unemployment ,why,like in my day are there no job seekers coming to my door. Could it be that the poverty industry like the homeless industry are fudging the stats to get more tax dollars? I don`t beleive any one of a semi sound mind and body can be out of work if they are seeking it.

When my son was out of work and definately not seeking work, I asked him if he expected a potential employer to come knocking on his door? He got the hint and got off his arse.

Nothing to do with our posters and readers. If there is so much poverty and unemployment ,why,like in my day are there no job seekers coming to my door.

Isn't it obvious by now, Muddy? Jeez, c'mon! Clearly humans have had it wrong ever since they started to walk upright; farming, herding, hunting, building, weaving, and the like, were the first mistakes that led us all to waste 10,000 years of our existence toiling for nothing. Obviously the unemployed and starving are the more evolved among us, knowing that what is innate and right is to sit idle and simply wait for food and shelter to drop from the sky. The only thing holding the enlightened homeless back from achieving their natural state is we working idiots, maliciously trying to conform them to our ways of pointless and endless labour, as we do. But, as I've now seen the light, I wonder if benny will offer up to me all the nourishment and shelter I require and demand in order to maintain my instinctive entitlement to irresponsibility. For nothing in return, of course.

But, as I've now seen the light, I wonder if benny will offer up to me all the nourishment and shelter I require and demand in order to maintain my instinctive entitlement to irresponsibility. For nothing in return, of course.

To each exclusive private owner of productive (natural) assets, you are legitimated to ask them to pay you a compensation for your loss of access to these assets.

Obviously the unemployed and starving are the more evolved among us, knowing that what is innate and right is to sit idle and simply wait for food and shelter to drop from the sky. The only thing holding the enlightened homeless back from achieving their natural state is we working idiots, maliciously trying to conform them to our ways of pointless and endless labour, as we do. But, as I've now seen the light, I wonder if benny will offer up to me all the nourishment and shelter I require and demand in order to maintain my instinctive entitlement to irresponsibility. For nothing in return, of course.

Ah, the life of the NDP, or the Work Less Party of Canada (link), whose book and governing maxim is "Workers of the World, Relax (link).

The Contact list for this Website.

Contacts (2)

Contact Details for the Work Less Party. Click on a name to send an email. Our office is located at 2250 Commercial drive. Come visit you are welcome.

Ironical

You've seen nothing yet:

"Work is the source of nearly all the misery in the world. Almost any evil you'd care to name comes from working or from living in a world designed for work. In order to stop suffering, we have to stop working."

http://www.whywork.org/rethinking/whywork/abolition.html

Idiots. Pure and simple.

Hell, forget about my mother, and let's ask a Sudanese refugee or an immigrant from the favelas of Rio de Janeiro about the living conditions of these so-called famished Torontonians.

We should first be clear on what poverty actually is before pointing out who is and who is not a "victim" of it.

[ed. to change # - it was 12 kids plus the two parents]

Exactly.

And to add to this, I would like to ask a Sudanese refugee or an immigrant from the favelas of Rio de Janeiro about the crime rate of these so-called ghettos of Toronto.

People are such p***ies, eh?

We should be clear on what crime actually is before point out who is and who isn't a "victim" of it . . .

And while you're at it, stop complaining that you have cancer, that's not a disease - having Malaria in a country with no health care system, THAT'S a disease!

"think global, act local"

What does that even mean? Should we ignore superior products produced elsewhere to buy inferior goods produced locally? How far does your local mandate stretch (ie must one purchase only goods and services produced in their neighbourhood instead of in their city or province)?

What does that even mean? Should we ignore superior products produced elsewhere to buy inferior goods produced locally? How far does your local mandate stretch (ie must one purchase only goods and services produced in their neighbourhood instead of in their city or province)?

Relatively to the posts preceding mine, it means that if one wants to compare hunger in Canada versus in poor countries, s/he should interview foreign-born Toronto residents.

Relatively to the posts preceding mine, it means that if one wants to compare hunger in Canada versus in poor countries, s/he should interview foreign-born Toronto residents.

And have you done so? I can tell you from personal experience that hunger in Toronto does not compare to hunger in other places. As per the interview. Individuals complain about not having fresh food. People in some other places have to worry about ANY food. People in Toronto complain about not paying the rent on time. People in some other places can only dream of having an apartment to rent. I don't believe you have any idea of true hunger.

And have you done so? I can tell you from personal experience that hunger in Toronto does not compare to hunger in other places. As per the interview. Individuals complain about not having fresh food. People in some other places have to worry about ANY food. People in Toronto complain about not paying the rent on time. People in some other places can only dream of having an apartment to rent. I don't believe you have any idea of true hunger.

The University of Toronto study suggests two out of three families in the city's lowest-income neighbourhoods are unable to get enough to eat.

The University of Toronto study suggests two out of three families in the city's lowest-income neighbourhoods are unable to get enough to eat.

Do you mean as compared to hungry people in some other parts of the world? It was interesting to note in the study, that of the people who complained about being food deprived, very few went to the food bank.

Edited by Renegade

It was interesting to note in the study, that of the people who complained about being food deprived, very few went to the food bank.

Your interpretation is biased. The study says that 50% of families delayed paying bills when faced with food shortages and 22% of families, in the past 12 months, used food banks in the areas studied.

Your interpretation is biased. The study says that 50% of families delayed paying bills when faced with food shortages and 22% of families, in the past 12 months, used food banks in the areas studied.

Biased? I almost quoted exactly what was said in the study:

While poverty and lack of access to food was all too common, few families obtained help from food banks
Although food bank programs were available in the neighbourhoods studied, only 22% of families had used a food bank in the last 12 months

http://www.news.utoronto.ca/media-releases...security-1.html

Note also that almost 70% of the families, decided that internet, cable, and telephone were more important them food when "faced with the threat of acute food shortages". It is interesting how their actions don't exactly match their words.

My guess is when faced with a sympathetic ear, there is a tendancy to eggagerate hardship.

BTW, what does your response have to do with the comparison between global hunger and local hunger? Clearly the two don't compare.