Dems target California districts

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?.../MN6916SCKK.DTL

California GOP voter registration is "dropping like a rock," a new study shows, declining so fast that Democratic Party officials see an unprecedented opportunity to gain voters and House seats in the 2010 election.

More News

The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee has targeted 35 districts across the country represented by Republicans in the U.S. House of Representatives - including eight in California - that were won by Barack Obama in the 2008 presidential election, said Jennifer Crider, the committee spokeswoman.

It would be be hard to win some of the districts based on incumbency and strong republican traditions but California is showing a collapse in GOP voter registrations. Clearly, Republicans are going to be fighting on more fronts that they are traditonally used to.

Big deal. Republicans are targeting Harry Reid's seat in Nevada. It's gonna be sweet to take out the Senate Majority leader. Chris Dodd is also gonna be packing for home as well. :)

I guess if you are going to dream big.

I guess if you are going to dream big.

Yeah, dreaming big! :rolleyes:

New poll shows Dodd stumbling badly in Connecticut

Connecticut Sen. Christopher Dodd trails former U.S. Rep. Rob Simmons, a possible Republican challenger, 50 - 34 percent in the 2010 Senate race, according to a Quinnipiac University poll.

Link

Reid is GOP target in 2010 election

WASHINGTON (AP) — Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is among Republicans' biggest targets in 2010, but a GOP takedown is hardly a guarantee.

As Reid, 69, prepares to seek a fifth term, analysts say the leading Democratic voice in the Senate has turned off some voters in libertarian-leaning Nevada and undercut his slogan from campaigns past: "Harry Reid, Independent like Nevada."

Link

Ya know, you might want to actually know something about a subject before you open your mouth. But I guess nothing's stopped you before. :lol:

Ya know, you might want to actually know something about a subject before you open your mouth. But I guess nothing's stopped you before. :lol:

I don't believe you've ever been able to prove yourself correct on most of your posts. Are you still claiming Al Franken doesn't have a shot at winning his senate seat? :lol:

But U.S. demographics point to the inescapable fact that the so-called "millenials" (i.e., those born between 1983 and 2003), who, among those able to vote, voted overwhelmingly for Obama, are going to be a greater and greater force in coming elections. By 2020, they will be the majority. And the Republicans are only headed further and further into the political wilderness.

But of course you wouldn't know that. :lol:

Yeah, dreaming big! :rolleyes:

Your predictions have been particularly flawed most of the time so it is hard to really take stock in them.

The election is some time away and I am not even sure if Dodd is running again. And yet you seem convinced Dodd is going to be the Democrat running and that is a gimme for the Republicans.

This is what I mean by dreaming big.

Read the Cook Report and the Rothenberg Political Report and both say Reid should retain his seat. Still, the election is a long ways a way but if you want to predict now that it is a gimme seat for Republicans, by all means...

I don't believe you've ever been able to prove yourself correct on most of your posts. Are you still claiming Al Franken doesn't have a shot at winning his senate seat? :lol:

Please provide a link to when I've ever described Franken as not having a shot at winning his senate election? That my forum friends, is what we call a lie.

But U.S. demographics point to the inescapable fact that the so-called "millenials" (i.e., those born between 1983 and 2003), who, among those able to vote, voted overwhelmingly for Obama, are going to be a greater and greater force in coming elections. By 2020, they will be the majority. And the Republicans are only headed further and further into the political wilderness.

The failed logic in your premise, is that you assume that young voters (who by the way, always poll much higher for Democrats, and have for the last several decades) will always vote Democrat. When history, and statistics prove otherwise.

There's an old saying that illustrates my point. "If you're a conservative in your 20's, you have no heart, but if you're a liberal in your 30's, you have no brain." People's attitudes change as they get older, and when they actually have to provide a living for themselves, and their families, and actually are burdened with real responsibilities, instead of just trying to schedule their next pub crawl with the next anti-war protest.

Please provide a link to when I've ever described Franken as not having a shot at winning his senate election? That my forum friends, is what we call a lie.

Nope. It's what we call Shady having his pants pulled down yet again.

Al Franken is an abhorrent human being. I'm glad he's losing, and I'm glad he's going to lose.
Coleman can drop to 0, but as long as he leads in votes, it really doesn't matter. He won the election on Nov 4th. And he won the manditory recount. They both have the same number of disputed ballots, so unless Franken has some crazy scheme of counting them, he's done like dinner.

But in terms of the rest of your post, get the quote right at least. I'll give you a hint. It's from Aristide Briand.

But even though Briand wrote it, that doesn't mean it's true. People tend to stick with a party once they've identified themselves with it. Since you claim statistics prove otherwise, please show me.

Edited by BubberMiley

• 1 month later...
Read the Cook Report and the Rothenberg Political Report and both say Reid should retain his seat.

Poll: Reid's re-election numbers don't add up

CARSON CITY -- Nearly half of Nevadans have had enough of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid as the powerful Democrat heads into his re-election campaign, a new Las Vegas Review-Journal poll finds.

About a third of the state's voters would re-elect Reid if the 2010 election were held today, according to the poll, but 45 percent say they would definitely vote to replace him. Seventeen percent would consider another candidate.

The findings are echoed by another poll question about Reid's popularity that finds the four-term incumbent to be a polarizing figure in his home state.

Link

Looks like I was right yet again, and you were wrong yet again. Seems to be kind of a pattern around here. :lol: Perhaps that Cook Report has been updated?

Also, more good news for the GOP!

Gallup: Party affiliation now tied (Dems held a double-digit lead not long ago)

2009 May 7-10

Republicans % - 32

Democrats % - 32

Independents % - 34

Republicans (including "leaners") % - 45

Democrats (including "leaners") % - 45

Gallup

And imagine what the numbers will look like a year from now, after a jobless recovery!

Looks like I was right yet again, and you were wrong yet again. Seems to be kind of a pattern around here. :lol: Perhaps that Cook Report has been updated?

Actually, I was right at the time. Cook and Rothenburg predicted that Reid would retain his seat based on the numbers they had seen. New numbers this week don't change the fact that you wrong last month.

You want to declare this riding as a gimme right now?

I stated at the time I last posted that the election is some time away and to even predict if certain people will be running is a hard thing. Struggling candidates now could decide not to run, lose a nomination battle or in the case of some elderly and sick candidates, die.

I have no idea if Reid will run but you seem confident that he is and that any candidate the Republicans chose will defeat him.

Actually, I was right at the time. Cook and Rothenburg predicted that Reid would retain his seat based on the numbers they had seen. New numbers this week don't change the fact that you wrong last month.

You want to declare this riding as a gimme right now?

I stated at the time I last posted that the election is some time away and to even predict if certain people will be running is a hard thing. Struggling candidates now could decide not to run, lose a nomination battle or in the case of some elderly and sick candidates, die.

I have no idea if Reid will run but you seem confident that he is and that any candidate the Republicans chose will defeat him.

And so the moral of the story is, Shady, that even when you show herr doktor he is wrong, he refuses to admit it and embarrasses himself yet again.