Homless Cons

If only there were a place for unhappy liberals... ;)

That's the thing about being a Liberal, most of us realize that this is a party of varying views and diversity of opinion and as a result most of us are quite comfortable with being part of this organization. We don't have to hold fast to ideological principles, we simply have to come up with ideas...ideas that can come from anywhere on the political spectrum.

Edited by Smallc

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the thing about being a Liberal, most of us realize that this is a party of varying views and diversity of opinion and as a result most of us are quite comfortable with being part of this organization. We don't have to hold fast to ideological principles, we simply have to come up with ideas...ideas that can come from anywhere on the political spectrum.

Power at any cost........

And the Conservative party has differentiated itself in that respect how?

The Liberal Party of Canada doesn't really have an ideology, and I'm glad it doesn't. I don't want to be trapped by some rigid set of ideals that may or may not be good. Flexibility is important when it comes to making any type of decision...especially those that need to be made in the course of governing a country.

Can't do anything unless in government, the saying goes.

Wasn't that what Harper said to convince the Alliance and PCs to merge?

Now, some on the right are choking since it doesn't seem to be the party they dreamed about. If there are some issues that you hold dear to your values such as fiscal conservatism, it might be better to form a new party of the right to achieve that.

Can't do anything unless in government, the saying goes.

Wasn't that what Harper said to convince the Alliance and PCs to merge?

Now, some on the right are choking since it doesn't seem to be the party they dreamed about. If there are some issues that you hold dear to your values such as fiscal conservatism, it might be better to form a new party of the right to achieve that.

it is much easier to stop the evil liberal agenda together as one party then split into many.

it is much easier to stop the evil liberal agenda together as one party then split into many.

A little irony there when you try to categorize a party as evil.

What next? Arrests and executions of all the evil people who voted for the party?

A little irony there when you try to categorize a party as evil.

What next? Arrests and executions of all the evil people who voted for the party?

really how many times has the liberal party characterized the Conservatives?

How many conservative columnists have had to defend themselves against the liberals CHRC?

Edited by Alta4ever

really how many times has the liberal party characterized the Conservatives?

And you now believe the Liberals are evil and want to persecute it with religious zeal.

How many conservative columnists have had to defend themselves against the liberals CHRC?

I wasn't aware that agency was part of the Liberal party. Oh wait, the Tories believe that the justice system, civil service and RCMP work for the Liberals.

And you now believe the Liberals are evil and want to persecute it with religious zeal.

I wasn't aware that agency was part of the Liberal party. Oh wait, the Tories believe that the justice system, civil service and RCMP work for the Liberals.

who set up the hrc's? wasn't a onservative government. Those that preside over them what political affiliation are they? They are all on the left and you know it Dobbin.

It is not us who persecute you, it is you who persecute us.

who set up the hrc's? wasn't a onservative government. Those that preside over them what political affiliation are they? They are all on the left and you know it Dobbin.

Some of the provincial ones were set up by right of center governments. You know this.

As for the present Human Rights Commissioner Jennifer Lynch , she is was a Conservative and was appointed by Harper. You can look that up if you want but stop lying about political affiliations.

It is not us who persecute you, it is you who persecute us.

Please.

http://www.homelesscons.com/

There is hope for some of the unhappy conservatives out there.

John Robson, formerly of the Reform party is trying to start up a new conservative party in Canada. What conservatives here are ready to drop Harper to join it?

No there isn't.

In our pathetic FPTP system, real Conservatives are forced to compromise with Stephen Harper's power hungry policy-shifting Conservatives

Having a significant number of disgruntled Conservatives vote for him would split the vote on the right and send the Liberals back into power.

You left long before that, that is the last 6 months, you were voting NDP since mulrooney left office.

No. Actually I only started voting NDP when the PCs were swallowed up my the Alliance-Reform. I voted for Kim Campbell and was sorry she wasn't given more of a chance. I only voted NDP in 2004 and 2006. Liberal in 2008 as part of strategic voting and will again in 2009 because Michael Ignatieff now more closely represents my views.

Well, he did save billions that would have been given away with kyoto. If that isn't waste, I don't know what it. Again, if they had a majority, I doubt we'd see all the spending/waste. Every time they try to make a cut, they hate women or the Arts. And the opposition claims they'll restore funding/waste. It's a ridiculous minority government.

He sure spent through a 13 billion dollar surplus fast enough. Created a glutton of a cabinet and appointed 18 senators during an economic crisis. These actions had nothing to do with a majority or minority. They were careless wastes of money and a complete flip-flop of what he claimed to stand for.

I spent some time reading the posts and perceived goals, and I've concluded that they are more socially conservative than actual conservative.

Instead I'm working on my own site for homeless conservatives. I'm calling it 'Pushed to the Left and Loving It', to promote Red Tory priorities. The emphasis will be on the separation of church and state, smaller government, elected or no senate, and a restriction on the number of cabinet posts to 25.

I find that today's 'conservative' is just a politically correct term for the self-righteous, who promote an agenda of intolerance and hate. So not Canadian.

So there is no hate or intolerance in Canada? When did that happen?

I think PTs point is that the Conservatives have become synonymous with, if not the embodiment of, hate and intolerance.

I myself wouldn't go that far. For one thing, the NDP has a growing anti-Semitism problem and the Liberal's are not immune to having party members with intolerant views. But while the Liberals and NDP have fringe elements, the Conservative "fringe" seems to have some measure of control over the party's agenda and Conservative MPs have been known to publicly defend known hate-mongers in the House.

Hate and intolerance have a full history in this country. Case in point: 13 years before the current President of the USA was born, a Toronto woman was jailed and later confined to a mental institution for 5 years; her crime/illness was having married a black man. Velma Demerson's Incorrigible is a chilling auto-biographical account of her abuse at the hands of the state for the crime of marrying a Chinese man in 1939.

Such institutional hate almost seems unbelievable in today's Canada. But its demise has not meant that all intolerance has gone with it. And if there is one party that, more than any other, carries the seeds to replant such state sponsored stupidity it is the Conservative Party.

Edited by Visionseeker

I think PTs point is that the Conservatives have become synonymous with, if not the embodiment of, hate and intolerance.

It's more than that really. The new 'conservative' movement is not conservative at all; but use subterfuge and hypocrisy to promote their own agendas. They cry 'freedom of speech' and attack the CHRC for trying to suppress that freedom, which is subterfuge for their desire to spread hatred toward homo-sexuals. Then, when other so called 'lefties' speak out against religion, they cry persecution, and demand they not be afforded the same 'freedom of speech'.

They claim to be 'Pro-Life', but you would find few at a Peace Rally, an anti-poverty demonstration, or handing out clean needles to stop the spread of the deadly Aids virus. In fact a popular battle cry is 'stop the welfare state' and 'why should our tax dollars support social programs'. In other words, they want the babies to be born, but once they're here their work is done. They can starve or be victims of war and it's not their problem. Children only get their protection at the fetus stage.

They've just created too many wedge issues, so that lifelong conservatives like myself have no place under the big tent. I'm now camping someplace else.

...I think PTs point is that the Conservatives have become synonymous with, if not the embodiment of, hate and intolerance....

Yet you have just demonstrated reasons why this is not the case. And there are others that cross petty party politics. "Hate and intolerance" is very Canadian based on the past, present, and future. Claims to the contrary have no foundation in reality.

I spent some time reading the posts and perceived goals, and I've concluded that they are more socially conservative than actual conservative.

Instead I'm working on my own site for homeless conservatives. I'm calling it 'Pushed to the Left and Loving It', to promote Red Tory priorities.

Funny thing is that George Grant would likely never be welcomed in your group. More or less because he was absolutely opposed to abortion and supported a public role for Christianity. A Red Tory is someone who is socially conservative with reference to conserving institutions like the monarchy, church, and tradition, while economically nationalist. They favour a communitarian verson of conservatism. I wish people would stop bastardizing conservatism to mean implicit support for the central managerial state.

They cry 'freedom of speech' and attack the CHRC for trying to suppress that freedom, which is subterfuge for their desire to spread hatred toward homo-sexuals. Then, when other so called 'lefties' speak out against religion, they cry persecution, and demand they not be afforded the same 'freedom of speech'.

Yes, I'm sure all conservatives hate homosexuals PT, what a great insight.

They claim to be 'Pro-Life', but you would find few at a Peace Rally, an anti-poverty demonstration, or handing out clean needles to stop the spread of the deadly Aids virus. In fact a popular battle cry is 'stop the welfare state' and 'why should our tax dollars support social programs'. In other words, they want the babies to be born, but once they're here their work is done. They can starve or be victims of war and it's not their problem. Children only get their protection at the fetus stage.

That's odd, I could have sworn I've known many Christian Conservatives in my community who volunteered at the food bank and in their community, donated to charitable organizations, and were generally compassionate towards their fellow man. Perhaps they, unlike yourself, think compassion isn't relegated to marking an 'X' on a ballot.

They've just created too many wedge issues, so that lifelong conservatives like myself have no place under the big tent. I'm now camping someplace else.

It's just that your not really all that conservative, have no real support for a decentralized government which puts more decision making power to townhalls rather than a bureaucrat in Ottawa, nor do you seem to support tradition that much considering your entire modus operandi is to argue that these Christians hate homosexuals, which really isn't the case. Atleast not in the Church's I've been to.