Do rich ppl deserve their money?

Of course the rich deserve money! They are used to it and it's natural that they have it. If they mismanage or their is a global recession it is our duty to dig into our meger bank accounts and send them everything we have. It would be horrible and it could cause great trama to the rich if they were suddenly poor...heaven forbid that they and their families are not rich for generations - or eternity ...after all God must love them and they must be specially choosen to live like gods on earth..in fact I am going into my pantry and send them my last can of beans...God would approve.. :rolleyes:

Irony (sarcasm) is not enough.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irony (sarcasm) is not enough.

The intergenerational rich and the new rich are a disconnected lot. Most mean well, but they can not help not understanding what it is to be in need..because their needs have always been met - and then some! How do you expect a person to understand what want and need is if they haver never experienced it?

The intergenerational rich and the new rich are a disconnected lot. Most mean well, but they can not help not understanding what it is to be in need..because their needs have always been met - and then some! How do you expect a person to understand what want and need is if they haver never experienced it?

In this vein, we can doubt that Paris Hilton has learned something in jail after she had followed an emerging trend among stars of drunk driving.

In this vein, we can doubt that Paris Hilton has learned something in jail after she had followed an emerging trend among stars of drunk driving.

What was there for her to learn in jail? Did she wait like the common prisoner for someone to show up with the 300 bucks to bail her out? Was she like the common prisoner that would have to do 30 days for 300 dollars? Did she have to trade a piece of toast for a cold hard boiled egg to keep her strength up? Did she have to worry about some lunitic smashing her face with a foot? Jail for the rich is not jail - it's an adventure.

Stars driving drunk is old news - and those that will feel like earthly gods while jacked up on cocaine and doing 250 k on a public road with not a hint of alcohol on their breath is common.

As for the pretty and privledged Paris Hilton..take away all of her money - and I believe that their is substance in this young woman..she is dispised because she was born into wealth..but you have to remember that she may carry the same genetics that built the empire..I say give the sweet little thing a chance ...and if she fails --- dye her hair black and toss her into a Mexican jail.

As for the pretty and privledged Paris Hilton..take away all of her money - and I believe that their is substance in this young woman..she is dispised because she was born into wealth..but you have to remember that she may carry the same genetics that built the empire..I say give the sweet little thing a chance ...and if she fails --- dye her hair black and toss her into a Mexican jail.

Relative to deservingness, there is no difference between being born with financial wealth and being born with a very good genetic makeup.

Relative to deservingness, there is no difference between being born with financial wealth and being born with a very good genetic makeup.

Depends on what family feud your ancestors are involved with - or whether there is a revolution with a war cry..."kill the intelligent ones!" Sometimes the unwashed masses are mobilized by your competition and they send the mob to get rid of you - Like they did my grandfather ..and my dad as a 14 year old was quick on his feet and ran..thanks to him _ I was born...You can kill most of the smart people with revolution...but not all of them.

Depends on what family feud your ancestors are involved with - or whether there is a revolution with a war cry..."kill the intelligent ones!" Sometimes the unwashed masses are mobilized by your competition and they send the mob to get rid of you - Like they did my grandfather ..and my dad as a 14 year old was quick on his feet and ran..thanks to him _ I was born...You can kill most of the smart people with revolution...but not all of them.

The suffering of your ancestors per se doesn't make of you a more deserving person.

The suffering of your ancestors per se doesn't make of you a more deserving person.

Yes it does! If some force, whether it be the royal family in Britain - assisted in the finacing of the Russian Revolution because they were having a tiff with their Russian cousins and my grand father gets caught up in this bitter battle - and it makes my father nuts and damaged - and in the long run destroys my confidence and I am a failure at life and money because of the original aggressive act..then I have a claim - and I DESERVE!

Yes it does! If some force, whether it be the royal family in Britain - assisted in the finacing of the Russian Revolution because they were having a tiff with their Russian cousins and my grand father gets caught up in this bitter battle - and it makes my father nuts and damaged - and in the long run destroys my confidence and I am a failure at life and money because of the original aggressive act..then I have a claim - and I DESERVE!

Per se means in-itself, that is without consideration of what the suffering of your ancestor has done to you.

Why do things the costly way when there's an easier alternative? That's common sense. No society became rich by doing something the costly way when a cheaper alternative existed. How poor would Canada be if we insisted that our fire engines and ambulances still be drawn by horses? Benny, I suspect that you use ATMs rather than bank tellers, no?

You know what is really messed up?? I can go to a CBIC ATM and get charged a 1.50 by CIBC and 1.50 by Royal Bank which I deal with. I have now spent 3 dollars to convieniently get my money.

I go to a living breathing bank teller and I get charged 2 bucks for the transaction. Something is wrong here. Also bank tellers are not everywhere, and only available during certain hours. Not only that the banks themselves has cut those live person services back drasticly in the past 10 years.

ATM = 3 bucks.

Teller = 2 bucks. The tellers used to be free. I also pay a stupid fee per month to avoid the 3 buck charge, but that still means I am paying to access my money. The bank should be offering those services for free since they are using my money for other things. They make monmey off my money and still charge me fees to keep my money in the bank. WTFF?

Oleg Back

Now I am no big fan of the disty yet pretty hot Paris Hilton. However, she has created her own businesses with the money she has inherited.

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_an...icle2263139.ece

10. She admits that she encourages people to believe she is dumb and “laughs all the way to the bank” as a result.

She may look dumb, but I do beleive she has the intelligence to do what she does and let people think something else. She basicly has admitted that she loves poeple like Oleg Bach.

You know what is really messed up?? I can go to a CBIC ATM and get charged a 1.50 by CIBC and 1.50 by Royal Bank which I deal with. I have now spent 3 dollars to convieniently get my money.
You what is really messed up? I can go to a TD ATM a withdraw money and not pay a cent. To make matters worse, if a TD ATM is not around I can go to a Safeway or similar major retail store, buy a pack of gum and get $100 in change - for free? I just can't believe that these banks are letting get my money for nothing just because I did a little planning ahead.... Edited by Riverwind

I go to a living breathing bank teller and I get charged 2 bucks for the transaction. Something is wrong here. Also bank tellers are not everywhere, and only available during certain hours. Not only that the banks themselves has cut those live person services back drasticly in the past 10 years.

ATM = 3 bucks.

Teller = 2 bucks. The tellers used to be free. I also pay a stupid fee per month to avoid the 3 buck charge, but that still means I am paying to access my money. The bank should be offering those services for free since they are using my money for other things. They make monmey off my money and still charge me fees to keep my money in the bank. WTFF?

At that rate, you're never going to get rich. Perhaps you should shop around for a different bank or at least a different ATM.

look at the graph ...

http://www.esnips.com/doc/629185b2-3bf1-40...ribution-Canada

It does work ... each ultra rich person (over 1.2m income) gives 175,000. It is split up among of five people, an average of $35,000 each, to bring them up to $50,000

My goal is to narrow the HUGE gap between the top 10% and the rest of us,

and to bring everyone up to 50,000.

Or ... if you can't see the esnips file,

This is how the distribution of income looks ...

Average income - Canadian

Top 10% of Canadians @ [$1,200,000]

10% @ [410,000]

10% @ [260,000]

10% @ [175,000]

10% @ [110,000]

10% @ [60,000]

Bottom 40% @ [25,000]or [5,000]or [0]or [-5000]

A little from the top does a LOT at the bottom, and the top 10% are just way out there, and getting further ahead all the time!

It isn't fair, and it could so easily be.

And a healthier economy because people would be able to support themselves ... ie, consume.

It doesn't work, the graphs confuse wealth and income.

Edited by benny

At that rate, you're never going to get rich. Perhaps you should shop around for a different bank or at least a different ATM.

Riverwind

You what is really messed up? I can go to a TD ATM a withdraw money and not pay a cent. To make matters worse, if a TD ATM is not around I can go to a Safeway or similar major retail store, buy a pack of gum and get $100 in change - for free? I just can't believe that these banks are letting get my money for nothing just because I did a little planning ahead....

Most banks will nickle and dime you to death.

Royal Bank claims to have the largets number of ATMs. there are NO royal bank ATMs in my suburb of Ottawa. Sure if I go to a Royal Bank ATM, i do not get charged, but the nearest one to me in any direction is 5kms. I do plan ahead, but shit happens. And you should look into those fees when you do a cash back from any retailer. You may not notice it, but I will bet there is a fee you are paying.

Also, there might be no need for an actual bank teller now since the cashier at the grocery store will give you a cash back.

Royal Bank claims to have the largets number of ATMs. there are NO royal bank ATMs in my suburb of Ottawa. Sure if I go to a Royal Bank ATM, i do not get charged, but the nearest one to me in any direction is 5kms. I do plan ahead, but shit happens. And you should look into those fees when you do a cash back from any retailer. You may not notice it, but I will bet there is a fee you are paying.
That is why I bank at TD. Highest ATM density. No fees for withdrawing on a line of credit (provided you pay it back quickly).

Once in a while I will be stuck for cash and pay the 1.5 fee. But that is the price to pay for convience.

Bottom line: the new world of 24/7 access to banking services is infinitely preferable having to do all banking at branch between 10-3 week days only. A lot of people under 30 probably never had to deal with 'banker's hours' and don't realize how better the system is today: even with the fees.

That is why I bank at TD. Highest ATM density. No fees for withdrawing on a line of credit (provided you pay it back quickly).

Once in a while I will be stuck for cash and pay the 1.5 fee. But that is the price to pay for convience.

Bottom line: the new world of 24/7 access to banking services is infinitely preferable having to do all banking at branch between 10-3 week days only. A lot of people under 30 probably never had to deal with 'banker's hours' and don't realize how better the system is today: even with the fees.

I may have to switch then. I have been with Royal Bank since I first opened an account in the mid 80s. Time to shop around.

This brings to mind the arguments I've heard against changing the electoral system. Perhaps the people who are to lazy to go vote would be just as lazy about getting all the cash they need during traditional banking hours.

Is giving people too much access to credit and money just as dangerous as giving them too much access to democracy? Who's in danger as a result?

And what about too much access to power? Does anyone deserve more of this than anyone else?

Edited by eyeball

This brings to mind the arguments I've heard against changing the electoral system. Perhaps the people who are to lazy to go vote would be just as lazy about getting all the cash they need during traditional banking hours.

Is giving people too much access to credit and money just as dangerous as giving them too much access to democracy? Who's in danger as a result?

And what about too much access to power? Does anyone deserve more of this than anyone else?

Do we deserve answers?

You mind telling that to the Jews?? :ph34r:

Riverwind

One thing I see is the currency fraud out there that prevents me from using a 50 or a 100 dollar bill at a local retailer. I want to use real cash I get out of a cash machine. It says it is legal tender. So why does it get refused So more need for cashless transactions when fraud is this rampant. But overall that does not help us. Move over to cashless society and things will break when the computers do. An EMP will be more devistating than a nuclear blast.

But now we have gotten off topic some.

Banking is a service being provided. Voting is a social right and duty. Huge difference. If you can't see the difference then that explains your misplaced sense of entitlement. Edited by Riverwind