Muslims in Canada want Sharia Law!

Mr.Canada

Is this going to be the start of a grammar thread?

Nouns, adjectives?

14 terrorists launched a terrorist attack against a lingerie factory, opening up a new chapter of terrorism for this beleagured nation

I know this is getting off topic, so I will post this then allow the thread to get back on track.

Well to know the difference is quite important when prosecuting a war on terror. I know that escapes most, but grammar is important when providing a context. Or someone might not 'get' what you are saying.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism

Terrorism is the systematic use of terror (imposing fear), especially as a means of coercion.[1] At present, there is no internationally agreed definition of terrorism.[2][3] Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those acts which are 1) intended to create fear (terror), 2) are perpetrated for an ideological goal (as opposed to a materialistic goal or a lone attack), and 3) deliberately target (or disregard the safety of) non-combatants.

That is something I was not aware of, there is no internationally agreed definition of terrorism. So the US can tweak the definition to whatever they want to provide the language needed so that action can be taken.

"Terror" comes from a Latin word meaning "to frighten". The terror cimbricus was a panic and state of emergency in Rome in response to the approach of warriors of the Cimbri tribe in 105BC. The Jacobins cited this precedent when imposing a Reign of Terror during the French Revolution. After the Jacobins lost power, the word "terrorist" became a term of abuse. Although the Reign of Terror was imposed by a government, in modern times "terrorism" usually refers to the killing of innocent people by a private group in such a way as to create a media spectacle. This meaning can be traced back to Sergey Nechayev, who described himself as a "terrorist".[8] Nechayev founded the Russian terrorist group "People's Retribution" (Народная расправа) in 1869.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, one more post on this thread...

You are now moving the goal posts, something people who argue for argument's sake do all of the time. Personally, I think it comes from the type of person who believes they are never wrong, so of course they can't be wrong now, it simply must be something else.

Here we go(says WIP), I didn't say terrorism was new, I said the suicide bombing was new!(Look at your post, you said terrorism.)

Thanks, but you don't need to give me a lesson on the various sects and splinter groups, I read it as well before I posted. It's quite similar to the situation today in Islam, and it's the same poisonous fervor that the Hashshashin had, except now the weaponry is more sophisticated. Nothing is new under the sun.

Never mind me. You are completely right(of course) and I never should have challanged you on it, please forgive me. That devil Bush has ruined a paradise filled world with his evil schemes, but now Obama will save the day.

Hey WIP fellow, I just wanted to demonstrate why I'm reluctant to get into another discussion with you on the pro-life dogma thread. You tend to move the goalposts, accuse your opponents of saying things they never said, then refute these imaginary arguments.

But have fun.

Edited by sharkman

Hey WIP fellow, I just wanted to demonstrate why I'm reluctant to get into another discussion with you on the pro-life dogma thread. You tend to move the goalposts, accuse your opponents of saying things they never said, then refute these imaginary arguments.

But have fun.

So, that's why you're breathing life into this dead horse! Fine with me if you are afraid of honest debate, but you wouldn't have to complain about your arguments being misrepresented if you explained their significance in the first place, instead of leaving it up to the reader to fill in the blanks and guess what connection you are trying to make when you toss in a reference to the "Assassins" in a statement about present day Islamic terrorism.

• 2 weeks later...
Source

The majority of Muslims in Canada want Sharia law 59% of young Muslims want it. This is problematic and this issue will rear its ugly head yet again. We must continue to resist against it as this constitutes 10 steps back for the womens rights movement here in Canada. We shall not allow the systemic rape of our women by some religion with backward beliefs which condones the stoning to death of our women for adultery or even being accused of it.

We've done a great job here in Canada fighting for womens rights. Too hard to just hand them over in the name of Allah. We must not submit!

Canadians need to understand how dangerous this is.

Ah yes! I presume that's what our political prostitutes mean when they tell us about the "diversity that is our strength"

Perhaps we should also legalize the practice of female genital mutilation of which our oppressive, "eurocentric" and racist country is too bigoted to permit. (actually do not laugh, as I write this there is a petition from 5000 somali and eritrean immigrants asking to legalize the practice so that it can be administered by trained professionals and thus minimize the complications of the barbarous act! and if you're a slow learner: we will probably PAY for it too!)

What more proof do you need that we have indeed gone MAD in canada!

Our traitors in parliament will doubtless placate our sacrosanct and sublime muslim denizens of the desert and hire more police officers to charge any opposers of sharia with a hate crime or assault and have them arrested arrested because as we have all been told by multiculturalists and egalitarian maniacs: disrespect shown the the Arab or camel jockey creates "stress" in the dear creature's delicately attuned psyche- and so criticism of their culture or religion is STRENG VERBOTEN!

Then they'll doubtless announce that in Toronto and other big cities, where the vermin are mugging, robbing, beating, and even murdering euro canadian men women and children, and raping white women and children, with ever increasing impunity, the "first priority" of the Police will be that of "stamping out racial abuse" and putting in their place "European Canadians" who are not humbly grateful for the privilege of being molested, mauled, and kicked around by the filthy and savage anthropoids to whom they are giving their country.

And OH! I forget! "racial slanders" are now legally crimes in Canada and subject to punishment by up to ten years in prison. So if you injudiciously visit Toronto the multi-racial sewer that was once a great city, and the pride of canada, and you enter a restaurant or bar watch out! Some of the usuals are sure to be disguised "racial equality cops", eavesdropping on conversations in the hope of trapping some dastardly criminal in the very act, !!!flagrante delicto!!!, of making an unkind and possibly pejorative remark about noble Jamaicans or worshipful Middle Easterners. And if, as is likely, you are mugged, beaten, and perhaps mutilated as you leave the bar, be careful and don't let the police hear you complain, for that might lead to a criminal charge that you disapprove of civil rights for rodents.

cheers! for all our multiplying misfortunes and problems !

What more proof do you need that we have indeed gone MAD in canada!

More? I dont see any, certainly not in your post anyway.

.. disrespect shown the the Arab or camel jockey creates "stress" in the dear creature's delicately attuned psyche-

Tolerant huh?

Then they'll doubtless announce that in Toronto and other big cities, where the vermin are mugging, robbing, beating, and even murdering euro canadian men women and children, and raping white women and children, with ever increasing impunity,

By chance would you have a cite to support that claptrap? Probably not, and I understand, but I had to ask.

. So if you injudiciously visit Toronto the multi-racial sewer that was once a great city, and the pride of canada, and you enter a restaurant or bar watch out! Some of the usuals are sure to be disguised "racial equality cops", eavesdropping on conversations in the hope of trapping some dastardly criminal in the very act, !!!flagrante delicto!!!, of making an unkind and possibly pejorative remark about noble Jamaicans or worshipful Middle Easterners. And if, as is likely, you are mugged, beaten, and perhaps mutilated as you leave the bar, be careful and don't let the police hear you complain, for that might lead to a criminal charge that you disapprove of civil rights for rodents.

Your mom and dad are embarassed and should be asking for the education money that was wasted on you since birth.

"mugged, beaten, and perhaps mutilated as you leave the bar" Ha , too funny. And where did TO rank on the list of dangerous cities in canada ?