Happy New Year

capricorn

I wish a very Happy New Year to all on MLW. It's been a great year. Let's make 2009 even better.

To you Dancer and our other Scottish friends, a very Happy Hogmanay.

A guid New Year to ane an' a' and mony may ye see"

Which translates to English from Scots as A good New Year to one and all, and many may you see.

I'll drink to that. *burp*

I wish a very Happy New Year to all on MLW. It's been a great year. Let's make 2009 even better.

To you Dancer and our other Scottish friends, a very Happy Hogmanay.

I'll drink to that. *burp*

That's quite an early first footing...

• 5 weeks later...
Happy New Year to those of you whose lives are as dull and lonely as mine..... <fireworks>

Exciting lives are highly over-rated if you ask me. :)

Edited to add: Wow, I can't believe I said that, I guess I'm really maturing. Maybe it's time to change the handle.

Edited by BC_chick

Exciting lives are highly over-rated if you ask me. :)

Actually, I agree in many ways with that statement. Truth is, I find joy in the things that bore most people....but they don't bore me. They contain their own excitement in my view.

• 2 weeks later...
I must now add....Happy Valentine's Day....I hate this day.

I really like this day.

Firstly, this is a day I can wear a red outfit that says a romantic at heart, instead of misrepresenting GO RED for celebration of heart disease and stroke. I am really fed-up how the colors have moved out of my grasp. I can't wear pink or yellow without connotations of supporting cancer, the rainbow colors etc

Secondly, there might be jewelry, like diamonds are a girl's best friend, like something material to look forward

Thirdly, very likely ladies you get one these:

-chocolate

-roses

-Provocateur lingerie

-soft toys

candles

spa getaways

gift baskets

perfume

books

watches

romance

more jewelry

romantic proposals - I mean men sometimes do become creative

men also spend in average twice as much money as women for this day - so it must be very important to the men folks.

I guess it is the one good day to listen to your heart.

I must now add....Happy Valentine's Day....I hate this day.

I really like this day.

Firstly, this is a day I can wear a red outfit that says a romantic at heart, instead of misrepresenting GO RED for celebration of heart disease and stroke. I am really fed-up how the colors have moved out of my grasp. I can't wear pink or yellow without connotations of supporting cancer, the rainbow colors etc

Secondly, there might be jewelry, like diamonds are a girl's best friend, like something material to look forward

Thirdly, very likely ladies you get one these:

-chocolate

-roses

-Provocateur lingerie

-soft toys

candles

spa getaways

gift baskets

perfume

books

watches

romance

more jewelry

romantic proposals - I mean men sometimes do become creative

men also spend in average twice as much money as women for this day - so it must be very important to the men folks.

I guess it is the one good day to listen to your heart.

Twenty five years later - the wife has a new Valentine....was not expecting the old girl to replace me that fast...oh well --- the local gay guy has set me up with a hot older fitness instructor....I'm broke but my very own Richard Simmons....said "don't worry I will make sure you have some cash for the date" - wow - never had much use for gay people - but it seems the miracles never cease - Blessings come from the strangest places and people ----so ----Tonight might just be the night...and my very first real Valentines day - If it does not work out I will go shoot pool with the hookers on their day off....upscale low scale and just plain scaley...wonder if it still works---- might just have to marry the old girl just to piss off the woman that had my four children that I refused to marry - revenge --- maybe? :rolleyes: