Are you happy with Obama being elected president

Very happy Obama made it. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the spectacle in Chicago. Very uplifting indeed. Been awhile since the world has had something good to celebrate. What I'm most happy about is NO MORE BUSH/CHENEY!!! Democrats go! And while your at it, nail their asses for war crimes and toss them in the big house for a few years.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very happy Obama made it. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the spectacle in Chicago. Very uplifting indeed. Been awhile since the world has had something good to celebrate. What I'm most happy about is NO MORE BUSH/CHENEY!!! Democrats go! And while your at it, nail their asses for war crimes and toss them in the big house for a few years.

Your celebration will have to wait until January. There will be no war crimes trials...at least not until Chretien, Clinton, Blair, Schroeder, and Chirac go first.

Neither do "whites".

Obama has no such kinship.....no "certified" slave blood.

Nah....I'm sure that all "whites" didn't feel the same way either when Bush won.

But then, "whites" were never considered a minority in the USA. And "whites" were never slaves in the USA.

Don't get me wrong, I am not pointing fingers of blame on the white folks. That was the past...and besides, African Blacks were not totally blameless on the slave -trade practice.

Obama may not harbor such kinship, but the black people do - most especially the African-Americans.

I am just understanding how it must feel, for had it been a Filipino who won and became president, I think I'd feel the same way....saying that he's an Asian would not be enough. I don't know how to explain it plainly.

The election was won purely on race. There's no denying that.

Edited by betsy

But then, "whites" were never considered a minority in the USA. And "whites" were never slaves in the USA.

Don't get me wrong, I am not pointing fingers of blame on the white folks. That was the past...and besides, African Blacks were not totally blameless on the slave -trade practice.

The slave trade was an economic system that included nearly all of the Americas, including Canada. Yet I don't think "African-Canadians" or "African-Cubans" would necessarily harbor such feelings either. Many "whites" and non-landowners were no better off than slaves (e.g indentured servants) poltically or economically.

Obama may not harbor such kinship, but the black people do - most especially the African-Americans.

Some do and some most certainly don't.

I am just understanding how it must feel, for had it been a Filipino who won and became president, I think I'd feel the same way....saying that he's an Asian would not be enough. I don't know how to explain it plainly.

So you are saying that race trumps gender, as women certainly must know how it feels not to win, or even be nominated.

The election was won purely on race. There's no denying that.

No, race was just a side show. The election was won just as it has always been won given party politics and domestic/international conditions. Obama is not the first "minority" to run for US president.