Banned SNL Skit

Great post. I remember hearing about this skit a couple weeks ago, but NBC pulled it down from their SNL page. Rumor has it, that the higher-ups at NBC got heat from the Dems and other important people who didn't like core of the skit, because it actually told the truth about the housing/credit meltdown, of which, the guilt lies at the feet of the Democrats.

There's also video that the LA Times has refused to release, showing Obama toasting at a dinner for Rashid Khalidi, who from 1976 to1982 was a mouthpiece for the Palestine Liberation Organization while it was a designated terrorist group in the 1970s and '80s.

Don't you just love all of the "interesting" friends Obama has collected over the years? :lol: If you're keeping score at home folks, it's now Rezko, Rev. Wright, Father Pfleger, William Ayers, and Rashid Khalidi.

This skit made more noise after it was pulled by NBC for "copyright infringement". Michelle Maulkin and many other bloggers ran with it, like this:

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/10/07/the-f...bailout-satire/

Maybe MSNBC's Keith Olbermann pitched a fit.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

There's also video that the LA Times has refused to release, showing Obama toasting at a dinner for Rashid Khalidi, who from 1976 to1982 was a mouthpiece for the Palestine Liberation Organization while it was a designated terrorist group in the 1970s and '80s.

You somehow know the content of a videotape that no one has seen? Interesting. Care to share next week's winning Lotto numbers?

Believe me, if any such video exists (like the Michelle Obama "whitey" video), someone in the GOP would have paid millions of dollars for it by now.

Didn't see the skit in question, but it appears SNL removed the skit from its site NOT because it blamed Dems, but because it included the line "People who should be shot" in reference to real people involved in the housing crisis. According to US News & World Report (certainly no ally of Obama's), the skit should be back online without the offensive/violent language:

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/the-home-front...it-mystery.html

Yeah, real Dem conspiracy. :rolleyes:

Edited by Liam

And "copyright infringement" is code for "I don't know what I'm talking about but I'm always happy to make up facts as I go along."

Content is routinely "pulled" from YouTube.com and other sites for exactly that reason. In this case, it was the quickest and most convenient excuse to stop the bleeding.

Thank you for worshipping our humble country and its media outlets. :lol::lol::lol:

Actually, SNL skits are routinely yanked from YouTube and only shown on the NBC website. It all started with the "Lazy Sunday" rap song a couple of years ago. Someone posted it on YouTube and it became a viral hit. NBC was caught completely off-guard with respect to the power of viral videos. They got YouTube to pull "Lazy Sunday" so they could host the video on their own site and have done so with just about every skit ever posted to YouTube since then.

This particular SNL skit (the housing bubble one) was not pulled from YouTube for content, but for intellectual property reasons. NBC later temporarily pulled the skit from its own site to remove what some viewed as potential violence-inducing language aimed at real people involved in the housing crisis. As far as I know, the video was amended to remove the reference to shooting certain people and has been reposted to the NBC website. It was never removed from either site for political reasons, contrary to the inferences of earlier posters.

Actually, SNL skits are routinely yanked from YouTube and only shown on the NBC website.....

Correct..as is lots of other infringing content at video streaming sites....pulled down right after getting the "cease and desist" letter. I gotta remember, many of these Canadian blokes don't recognize or support protections for intellectual property, especially digital protections because it is seen as "Yankee" big brother reaching across the border.

Correct..as is lots of other infringing content at video streaming sites....pulled down right after getting the "cease and desist" letter. I gotta remember, many of these Canadian blokes don't recognize or support protections for intellectual property, especially digital protections because it is seen as "Yankee" big brother reaching across the border.

Actually I think it is because we have our laws, and you have yours.

In Canada, our laws say we can exchange (well it was tapes for me long ago) product without harm. Provided there wasnt a profit involved it was legal.

What you should say is we didnt agree with the attempt to reach across the border and attempt to impose US law on canadians.

Actually I think it is because we have our laws, and you have yours.

In Canada, our laws say we can exchange (well it was tapes for me long ago) product without harm. Provided there wasnt a profit involved it was legal.

What you should say is we didnt agree with the attempt to reach across the border and attempt to impose US law on canadians.

There are certain fair use exceptions to US copyright law, but posting copyrighted material on YouTUbe, a for-profit enterprise, does not qualify.

Edited by Liam

You somehow know the content of a videotape that no one has seen? Interesting. Care to share next week's winning Lotto numbers?

Yes, I'm quite the soothsayer. All I had to do was read the news.

The video was mentioned in a Times story in April 2008 on Obama's friendships with Palestinian Americans in Chicago. The story said that Obama attended a farewell dinner for the Palestinian scholar, at which some speakers spoke angrily of Israel's treatment of Palestinians and of U.S. policy toward Israel. It said that Obama spoke warmly at the dinner of the scholar, Rashid Khalidi

LA Times

Didn't see the skit in question, but it appears SNL removed the skit from its site NOT because it blamed Dems, but because it included the line "People who should be shot" in reference to real people involved in the housing crisis.

Yep, because we all know it takes a month to edit a small portion of a video.

Actually, SNL skits are routinely yanked from YouTube and only shown on the NBC website.

YouTube wasn't the issue. NBC's own website was the issue. And as I've already mentioned, it doesn't take a month to make a small edit to a video clip. Keep grasping though.

Great post. I remember hearing about this skit a couple weeks ago, but NBC pulled it down from their SNL page. Rumor has it, that the higher-ups at NBC got heat from the Dems and other important people who didn't like core of the skit, because it actually told the truth about the housing/credit meltdown, of which, the guilt lies at the feet of the Democrats.

Really? So there hasn't been a Republican administration in Washington for the last 8 years and a republic majority in congress most of that time?