Palin: Vice President Is in Charge of the Senate

Wow! Here's a document that Sarah Palin ought to read - The Constitution! It clearly defines what limited role the Vice President has over the Senate, in case another 3rd grader asks this question in the future!

The Vice President of the United States shall be President of the Senate, but shall have no vote, unless they be equally divided.

The Senate shall choose their other officers, and also a President pro tempore, in the absence of the Vice President, or when he shall exercise the office of President of the United States.

Got it Sarah? You're only "in charge of the Senate" for the purpose of breaking a deadlock!

So Sarahbarracuda doesn't know anything about the job she is trying to win -- at least she knows how to shop......with someone else's money:

RNC shells out $150K for Palin fashion

The Republican National Committee has spent more than $150,000 to clothe and accessorize vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin and her family since her surprise pick by John McCain in late August.

According to financial disclosure records, the accessorizing began in early September and included bills from Saks Fifth Avenue in St. Louis and New York for a combined $49,425.74.

The records also document a couple of big-time shopping trips to Neiman Marcus in Minneapolis, including one $75,062.63 spree in early September.

The RNC also spent $4,716.49 on hair and makeup through September after reporting no such costs in August.

The cash expenditures immediately raised questions among campaign finance experts about their legality under the Federal Election Commission's long-standing advisory opinions on using campaign cash to purchase items for personal use.

Sheesh, you would think that by now she would understand the role of Vice President that she is trying so hard to get. It's possible that she simply mis-spoke, but I recall that this is not the first time she has expressed confusion it. In the days after John McCain announced her as his running mate, she was quoted as saying "What does the Vice President actually do?" It seems to me that McCain chose her primarily as a distraction for the voters, not because of her political skills.

Sheesh, you would think that by now she would understand the role of Vice President that she is trying so hard to get. It's possible that she simply mis-spoke, but I recall that this is not the first time she has expressed confusion it. In the days after John McCain announced her as his running mate, she was quoted as saying "What does the Vice President actually do?" It seems to me that McCain chose her primarily as a distraction for the voters, not because of her political skills.

Oh, she has political skills alright, just ask the losing teams in Alaska. The same people who lament Palin's understanding of the VP's role also lament VP Cheney's more than thorough "grasp" of the office.

Unbelieveable. Those darn "gotcha" 3rd-graders.

Honestly, she has absolutely no business being in the position that she's in. She needs a few years of poli-sci studies & a newspaper subscription.

The scary thing is that she has a pretty good shot at being nominated by the Republicans for Pres next election.

P.S. i found this interesting bit i didn't know: She was elected to Wasilla city council in 1992-1996 before she ran for Mayor of Wasilla. That gives her a little bit more political cred IMO.

Edited by Moonlight Graham

The scary thing is that she has a pretty good shot at being nominated by the Republicans for Pres next election.

The fact that they seem so hot to put her in for the next presidential election just says to me, that they really only need a face and a certain charisma that sells, not necessarily a thinker or capable leader. It implies someone else will be doing the thinking and doing anyway.

Edited by Sir Bandelot

The fact that they seem so hot to put her in for the next presidential election just says to me, that they really only need a face and a certain charisma that sells, not necessarily a thinker or capable leader. It implies someone else will be doing the thinking and doing anyway.

That is the way it has been for the last 8 years. Bush is not capable of thought. Cheney was the brains behind most of it.