Liberals looking for new leader

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then Harper abandoned the Liberals and joined the Progressive Conservatives. Then he left the Progressive Conservatives because he was outraged with Mulroney's spending. Then he joined Reform because they were fiscal conservatives. Then he left Reform to head the National Citizens Coalition after Manning replaced Harper with Grubel as Reform finance critic.

Now Harper has increased spending by percentages which make the Liberals and PCs look tight-fisted. What an incredible flip flopping hypocrite he has turned out to be.

It really speaks to the bad taste that the Liberals still leave in the mouths of Canadians.

Especially since Mr. Harper got so much support from coast to coast to coast. Nearly a majority wow!

Edited by Mr.Canada

But not a majority! Wow!

With the weakest leader in Liberal history that was the best that Harper could do.

Ah, the tears of the fallen. Don't fret there'll be another election is a few years. I doubt they'll have enough money to fill up the gas tank but that's the rules.

I still cannot believe the huge support our PM Stephan Harper received. It was almost like every province outside of Quebec wanted a Torie majority. Canadians really seem to gravitate towards strength in leadership. Awe sorry, the Liberals wouldn't know what that's like.

Name one Canadian product that westerners don't buy, that people from Ontario do.

MAD COW BEEF!!!

We Ontarians slammed back tons of the stuff when the US slammed it's door and almost crippled Alberta's cattle industry.

While we are at it how about the train loads of hay we Easterners sent west to keep your cattle and horses fed during a severe drought.

You people out west might have a hate on for us here in the east but the fact of the matter is we always bail your ass out of any jam you get into. No need to thank us, we're just being Canadian. :)

Ah, the tears of the fallen. Don't fret there'll be another election is a few years. I doubt they'll have enough money to fill up the gas tank but that's the rules.

Think I have addressed how the money issue can be dealt with.

As for next election, it could be months away. Harper is itching to do it.

I still cannot believe the huge support our PM Stephan Harper received. It was almost like every province outside of Quebec wanted a Torie majority. Canadians really seem to gravitate towards strength in leadership. Awe sorry, the Liberals wouldn't know what that's like.

And yet Harper couldn't get a majority with Dion. I can't imagine he would do any better, do you?

Canadians love the liberal party and that is evident by their choice in voting for so many years. But why did the Liberals choose and continue to support such an obviously weak leader? Were there not better choices from the onset, and why even when the real problems with Dion began to show did they do nothing about it? Why is he still the leader even now... and why is there no one really of any charisma who has the ability to make the party a viable choice. It was obvious to many, from day one, that Dion is un-electable.

It is also true that many of the Liberal party's policies, are in direct conflict with policies from the United States, epecially the Bush administration/ Republican policies. I always found it very puzzling and disturbing that when George Bush came to visit Canada in 2004, he wanter to meet privately with Stephen Harper even though Harper was not Prime Minister, but was leader of the Conservative Party.

http://images.ctv.ca/archives/CTVNews/img2...rper_060119.jpg

U.S. President George W. Bush meets with Conservative Leader Stephen Harper in this 2004 file photo. (CP / Charles Dharapak)

Link to web page with this photo:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...me=&no_ads=

Ask yourselves the hard question, about the real nature of Canadian politics.

Further to what I am getting at, here is some info about an organization known as The International Republican Institute:

"Founded in 1983, the International Republican Institute (IRI) is an organization, funded by United States government, that conducts international political programs, sometimes labeled 'democratization programs'.

Initially known as the National Republican Institute for International Affairs, the IRI's stated mission is to expand what it interprets as freedom throughout the world."

Creation of Right-wing political parties:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International...litical_parties

Board of Directors:

U.S. Senator John McCain, Chairman

http://www.iri.org

Canadians love the liberal party and that is evident by their choice in voting for so many years. But why did the Liberals choose and continue to support such an obviously weak leader? Were there not better choices from the onset, and why even when the real problems with Dion began to show did they do nothing about it? Why is he still the leader even now... and why is there no one really of any charisma who has the ability to make the party a viable choice. It was obvious to many, from day one, that Dion is un-electable.

It is also true that many of the Liberal party's policies, are in direct conflict with policies from the United States, epecially the Bush administration/ Republican policies. I always found it very puzzling and disturbing that when George Bush came to visit Canada in 2004, he wanter to meet privately with Stephen Harper even though Harper was not Prime Minister, but was leader of the Conservative Party.

http://images.ctv.ca/archives/CTVNews/img2...rper_060119.jpg

U.S. President George W. Bush meets with Conservative Leader Stephen Harper in this 2004 file photo. (CP / Charles Dharapak)

Link to web page with this photo:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...me=&no_ads=

Ask yourselves the hard question, about the real nature of Canadian politics.

Many people love the Conservatives as well. Citizens of two nations are allowed to speak to each other aren't they?

In 2004 the tide was already turning with the Gun Registry, ADscam and of course the merger of the C.A. and the P.C party. It was obvious that the CPC would form the next gov't. I'm sure the Americans just wanted a chance to get to know the next PM of Canada.

Hardly a crime or conspiracy.

Of course the people willingly voted for him. But that is entirely beside the point here.

Yes indeed. he point is that the Liberals need a good leader who can combine sound fiscal planning with social progressiveness. If they can do that they can win an election. If they continue to slide to the left they won't.

Your argument consists of making a personal insult.

No doubt I'm at Mapleleafweb now.

Why is it that I always find Canadian political forums to be so much more partisan, uncivil and insulting than US political forums?

Goodbye once again. I'll be back in another six months to see if this forum is still toxic and partisan as it has been and still is.

I seek intelligent discussion of Canadian political issues. I don't find it here. Only insults. Tiresome.

Cry me a river. I see you over at Babble. Maybe it's not the instults, but the dissenting views that are not tolerated over there that is the real reason you are taking your ball and going home.

Further to what I am getting at, here is some info about an organization known as The International Republican Institute:

"Founded in 1983, the International Republican Institute (IRI) is an organization, funded by United States government, that conducts international political programs, sometimes labeled 'democratization programs'.

Initially known as the National Republican Institute for International Affairs, the IRI's stated mission is to expand what it interprets as freedom throughout the world."

Creation of Right-wing political parties:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International...litical_parties

Board of Directors:

U.S. Senator John McCain, Chairman

http://www.iri.org

You do know there is a different meaning to a Republican form of government and the Republican party.. right?