Final Obama - McCain Debate

It appears the "Obama bin Laden" argument is the only thing whacked out Republicans have left. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPg0VCg4AEQ...pointsmemo.com/

I was trying to emphasize that Obama is not Osama. I was trying to strengthen, not weaken him.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was trying to emphasize that Obama is not Osama. I was trying to strengthen, not weaken him.

Common courtesy to the mildly cognizant is to inclulde a winky smileyface after you say things like that. ;)

I'm sure the people at the Palin rallies are also just trying to draw the distinction between Obama and bin Laden.

Edited by BubberMiley

He's not an Arab, he's a decent family-man.... (because we all know that Arabs can't be decent family-men?)

Even his 'defense' of Obama was racist.

That's quite a stretch. But I'm not suprised, an Obama supporter playing the race card, shocked I tells ya! :lol:

Common courtesy to the mildly cognizant is to inclulde a winky smileyface after you say things like that. ;)

I'm sure the people at the Palin rallies are also just trying to draw the distinction between Obama and bin Laden.

Similar to some assurances by the GOvernment when the Official Languages Act was passed that the role of English was to be strengthened, if my memories from when I was 12 years old (from reading in US papers) are correct.

Similar to some assurances by the GOvernment when the Official Languages Act was passed that the role of English was to be strengthened, if my memories from when I was 12 years old (from reading in US papers) are correct.

What the hell are you talking about? Quebec? Huh?

The problem is that it is not a joke when it is being used. I think it is an incitement to link Obama to terrorism and if the man can't be stopped by the electoral process...

What the hell are you talking about? Quebec? Huh?

The OLA, a pernicious piece of legislation if there ever was one, applies to all of Canada. It just isn't enforced in Quebec.

The OLA, a pernicious piece of legislation if there ever was one, applies to all of Canada. It just isn't enforced in Quebec.

You're just trying to change the subject from McCain's miserable campaign, and how he has pandered to the narrow base of the Republican Party by giving Palin the VP nomination and thereby alienated moderate Republicans, Independents, and rational people everywhere.

You're just trying to change the subject from McCain's miserable campaign, and how he has pandered to the narrow base of the Republican Party by giving Palin the VP nomination and thereby alienated moderate Republicans, Independents, and rational people everywhere.

Actually, he doesn't really care about "rational people everywhere"....or even the irrational people everywhere, since they can't vote for him (or Obama) anyway.

No, you asked if I was posting about Quebec.

Actually, he doesn't really care about "rational people everywhere"....or even the irrational people everywhere, since they can't vote for him (or Obama) anyway.

Actually, I added the "everywhere" for your benefit. I knew I could trap you into your cut-and-paste response once again. You're nothing if not easily manipulated. :lol:

Pretty weak....al you managed to trap is another Harper CPC government. LOL!

Although I can see why both of you would want to distract from McCain's horrible performance and

over the Ayers debacle, Canada is still irrelevant to this conversation.

Though I can personally think of no better outcome than a CPC minority. LOL! indeed.

Although I can see why both of you would want to distract from McCain's horrible performance and
over the Ayers debacle, Canada is still irrelevant to this conversation.

Maybe, but turnabout is fair play, and also a lot of fun. No shortage of references, comparisons, and outright slander of Bush/Amuricuns in the recent Canadian federal election....happy to return the favor.

You think you can hide behind the "topic" in the US Politics forum, while wandering aimlessly elsewhere?

Though I can personally think of no better outcome than a CPC minority. LOL! indeed.

As if that mattered in the least.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

I don't have as much of an interest in you as Canadian politics, so I can't comment. But I found the attempt to derail the conversation away from McCain's resumed slide in the polls by saying I'm "hiding behind the topic" very amusing.

Thanks for that.

You're certainly welcome...the actual topic was the final presidential debate (or mockery thereof), so nothing was "derailed" at all. Your interests are of no concern to me, except as a vehicle to balance out the lopsided cross-border political adoration.

Your interests are of no concern to me, except as a vehicle to balance out the lopsided cross-border political adoration.

I also appreciate being reminded of who won the election, just in case my lack of interest leaves me drawing a blank at the water cooler. But one would have to be insane to be concerned about the interests of an anonymous internet political forum poster.

I also appreciate being reminded of who won the election, just in case my lack of interest leaves me drawing a blank at the water cooler. But one would have to be insane to be concerned about the interests of an anonymous internet political forum poster.

Guess what, this is another attempt at Bush_Cheney to derail the topic. Maybe he should just stick to Canadian politics. He seems to know quite a bit about it. His time would be best spent there brow beating Canadians in a Canadian topic. I understand he is trying to spread the love around like butter, but even he knows his approach is not what it should be.

This is a US section in a forum that is in Canada. This is a thread about a US topic in a US section on the forum that is in Canada. This poster loves to bitch about Canada whenever he can in threads that have nothing to do with Canada. But most of us recognize his style and vigor in bringing up "But,,,, but.. Canada" This means he has nothing intelligent to respond with. Just shoot off at the mouth and then run away screaming like Sponge Bob. Most of us are capable of having a discussion and staying within topic. Some can't .. or actually WON'T do it.

Just another thing on forums rules he does not adhear to. He makes that quite clear. Dishonest in the debate.

Guess what, this is another attempt at Bush_Cheney to derail the topic. Maybe he should just stick to Canadian politics. He seems to know quite a bit about it. His time would be best spent there brow beating Canadians in a Canadian topic. I understand he is trying to spread the love around like butter, but even he knows his approach is not what it should be.

Got your panties in a bundle...eh? Thank you for confirming that ordnance is on target.....you would make a good spotter. Like I said, turnabout is fair play...there will be no refuge from relevant (or even irrelevant) references to Canada, just as is the accepted custom elswhere on this board for "Americuns" and their nation. I didn't advise Stephane to invoke "Bush" or " south of the border" every third sentence, but I am more than happy to return the favor.

This is a US section in a forum that is in Canada. This is a thread about a US topic in a US section on the forum that is in Canada. This poster loves to bitch about Canada whenever he can in threads that have nothing to do with Canada. But most of us recognize his style and vigor in bringing up "But,,,, but.. Canada" This means he has nothing intelligent to respond with. Just shoot off at the mouth and then run away screaming like Sponge Bob. Most of us are capable of having a discussion and staying within topic. Some can't .. or actually WON'T do it.

There you go again...Sponge Bob is yet another 'merkin reference! :lol: If you take time to notice, there are plenty of references to the USA in the "Canada section" in a forum that is in Canada. Why do you wish to muzzle me and not the others (I already know the answer...).

Just another thing on forums rules he does not adhear to. He makes that quite clear. Dishonest in the debate.

And one would hope that this observation helps you on the Smugness Index, but it doesn't mean jack to me.