What if we agreed to re-locate Israel?

I think it would be a very interesting test to see how these kooks would react if we all of a sudden agreed to move Israel to, say Germany.

Then i think that Muslims would be very pleased. Its obvious how Muslims would react if Israel left the Arab/Muslim dominated Middle East.

They shouldn't have taken a Muslim country to begin with, the reparations for the Holocaust should have included a part Germany to begin with.

Edited by Candice

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then i think that Muslims would be very pleased. Its obvious how Muslims would react if Israel left the Arab/Muslim dominated Middle East.

They shouldn't have taken a Muslim country to begin with, the reparations for the Holocaust should have included a part Germany to begin with.

What muslim country did 'they' 'take'? :ph34r:

That part I could not understand. If they mean Israel - just look at the city of Jerusalem..it has always been Muslim - Christian - Jewish ....Ruled by different factions of religion but it has always been a place where all considered it holy. The holy land belongs to all that are holy - If you are not holy or do not respect holiness - then leave - but the secuarist rule there don't they?

That part I could not understand. If they mean Israel - just look at the city of Jerusalem..it has always been Muslim - Christian - Jewish ....Ruled by different factions of religion but it has always been a place where all considered it holy. The holy land belongs to all that are holy - If you are not holy or do not respect holiness - then leave - but the secuarist rule there don't they?

Jerusalem wasn't always Muslim. The Arabs arrived at the point of a sword in the 630s. It was a human like you or I that declared the place 'holy' (Omar). He then built his mosque on the site of the old Jewish temple (in ruin) claiming that it was the very spot where Mohammed ascended to heaven after riding a 'winged beast' with the 'angel Gabriel' to the 'furthest mosque'. Kind of convenient, don't you think? Mohammed, as history seems to show, never left the Arabian Peninsula in his lifetime. Some records allude that he may have travelled to Gaza/Damascus as a young boy with an uncle. Either way, one must believe in angels and winged beasts to go with the theory that Jerusalem is somehow really sacred to Islam.

-----------------------------------

Go ahead. Make my day.

---Inspct. Harry Callahan

Edited by DogOnPorch

Either way, one must believe in angels and winged beasts to go with the theory that Jerusalem is somehow really sacred to Islam.

-----------------------------------

Go ahead. Make my day.

---Inspct. Harry Callahan

Muslims and Prophet mohammed (Sallah Ho Aly He Wasalam) had prayed in the direction of Jerusalem before Mecca

Muslims and Prophet mohammed (Sallah Ho Aly He Wasalam) had prayed in the direction of Jerusalem before Mecca

Big surprise. The city at that point was a 'holy city' for two other religions much older than Islam which draws on those other two for its basic tenants.

------------------------------------------

I am the eggman. I am the walrus. Goo goo ga Joob.

---The Beatles

Big surprise. The city at that point was a 'holy city' for two other religions much older than Islam which draws on those other two for its basic tenants.

------------------------------------------

I am the eggman. I am the walrus. Goo goo ga Joob.

---The Beatles

May not be a big surprise but as a result it holds importance to Muslims.

Only because a man named Omar/Umar...a real azzhole by all accounts...said it to be so. Pray away. Five times a day if you must.

:lol::lol:

-------------------------------------

Man as an individual is a genius. But men in the mass form the headless monster, a great, brutish idiot that goes where prodded.

---Charlie Chaplin

The entire Middle East is Muslim/Arab land. It has been for centuries.

Really? What was it before 630 AD?

I assume that you disagree with the fact that Jews have lived in the area for 5000 years?

Was it Arab land? really? What was Irael before 1948?

What was Israel before WW1? Do you know? Do you care?

What were the Muslims doing with that land before the Zionist settlers allegedly "took" it?

The entire Middle East is Muslim/Arab land. It has been for centuries.

The same way that the loot from trains was important to Jesse James.

The same way that the loot from trains was important to Jesse James.

Oh, I see... so when other people live on land for centuries, they have no sense of connection or entitlement to it, do they... which basically means what? Jews actually didn't have a right to live in eastern Europe after all, then? The hypocracy is astonishing.

Could you imagine what kind of world this would be if every ethnic group felt entitled to land that it lost thousands of years ago and maintained a system of "holidays" that reinforced a sense of victimization and special status? :unsure:

Oh, I see... so when other people live on land for centuries, they have no sense of connection or entitlement to it, do they... which basically means what? Jews actually didn't have a right to live in eastern Europe after all, then? The hypocracy is astonishing.

Could you imagine what kind of world this would be if every ethnic group felt entitled to land that it lost thousands of years ago and maintained a system of "holidays" that reinforced a sense of victimization and special status? :unsure:

The Jews were invited into Eastern Europe by the various royalties of the time after being kicked out of Western Europe for various Medieval reasons. There was great monetary advantages to having Jews living in your kingdom. You avoided usury laws enforced by the Pope for one. You could also then turn around and blame 'The Pest' (et al) on them if the mob below got too rowdy about 'upsetting God'. Great scapegoats. They did kill Christ, afterall...

:rolleyes:

Oh...and as a side effect...you didn't have to pay back the Jewish loans...lol.

:lol:

---------------------------------------------

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to...

---Lesley Gore

The Jews were invited into Eastern Europe by the various royalties of the time after being kicked out of Western Europe for various Medieval reasons. There was great monetary advantages to having Jews living in your kingdom. You avoided usury laws enforced by the Pope for one. You could also then turn around and blame 'The Pest' (et al) on them if the mob below got too rowdy about 'upsetting God'. Great scapegoats. They did kill Christ, afterall...

Oh...and as a side effect...you didn't have to pay back the Jewish loans...lol.

:lol:

The Jews were of course invited in because they had commercial and mercantile skills that others either lacked or were banned by their religions from being exercised. More on this later.

So, anyways, what's the problem with 'modern constructs' again? Surely you're too young to remember Israel's 'construct' in 1948 (or are you well over 60?). How modern is that? Newfoundland was 'constructed' later....

Wrong.

Newfoundland was established long before modern Israel and has existed for some time as an independant entity before they joined the Canadian Federation. that was in 1949. a year after your Israel was created.

Wrong.

Newfoundland was established long before modern Israel and has existed for some time as an independant entity before they joined the Canadian Federation. that was in 1949. a year after your Israel was created.

Yes but it wasn't a nation (same as palestine) or even a province (ditto)...merely a colony (which palestine wasn't)..so its status is indeed modern.

I'm not so sure that the Jews were initially "invited". The migrated into Europe from the Mediterranean region long after the European kingdoms were established. Whatever the case, it was Western Europe that eventually became dominant region in Europe, so... if you're implying that this was in part due to the fact that Jews had been persecuted and existed in relatively low numbers compared to Eastern Europe, it is an interesting thesis...

Yeah, of course "rollseye" at the notion that the Jews "did kill Christ" but the fact of the matter is that the Jews did engage in vicious persecutions of the early Christians, so it only stands to reason that centuries later when they're a little down on their luck and start to filter into Europe looking like a bunch of homeless paupers that the local Christians, being human, weren't exactly going to welcome them with open arms... I'm sure Jews would be just as "tolerant" if a colony of neo-Nazis established themselves in Israel...

Alos, as of yet, I've never heard of the Jews offering a formal apology for the tens, if not hundred, of thousands of Christians that they persecuted.

Alos, as of yet, I've never heard of the Jews offering a formal apology for the tens, if not hundred, of thousands of Christians that they persecuted.

That's becasue they weren't formally persecuted.

Whatever the case, it was Western Europe that eventually became dominant region in Europe, so...

Really? Is that the Cult of Western Europe?

Yes but it wasn't a nation (same as palestine) or even a province (ditto)...merely a colony (which palestine wasn't)..so its status is indeed modern.

Wrong.

It was a Dominion, just like Canada was at one point, from 1907 to 1949--self-governing from 1907 to 1934...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominion_of_Newfoundland

One could argue that it was, however, a "nation" in race and sentiment long before it became a Dominion...