Do we owe any loyality to the Queen?

Hcheh

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But that's what Americans do...stretch it as far as we wish. We don't have to worry about permission from a Queen or Governor General.

See the difference?

Gee, I wonder who you can thank for that? Rhetorical of course. Good of you to provide the queen link to help educate the demented.

Gee, I wonder who you can thank for that? Rhetorical of course. Good of you to provide the queen link to help educate the demented.

No problem....I found it curious that Her Majesty has a web site with a UK domain to advertise her sovereignty over Canada. Seems to me that the "Queen of Canada" could pop for a Canuck domain addy too...she has the cash! :lol:

"By adhering to the monarchical principle we avoid one defect inherent in the Constitution of the United States. By the election of the president by a majority and for a short period, he never is the sovereign and chief of the nation. He is never looked up to by the whole people as the head and front of the nation. He is at best but the successful leader of a party. This defect is all the greater on account of the practice of reelection. During his first term of office he is employed in taking steps to secure his own reelection, and for his party a continuance of power. We avoid this by adhering to the monarchical principle - the sovereign whom you respect and love. I believe that it is of the utmost importance to have that principle recognized so that we shall have a sovereign who is placed above the region of party — to whom all parties look up; who is not elevated by the action of one party nor depressed by the action of another; who is the common head and sovereign of all."

That might have been relevant in 1867.

I can't think of anyone I know (and I came to know quite a few people) that would dedicate any thoughts to, much less respect and definitely don't LOVE the queen of England.

I do not believe English Monarchy really represents the will of Canadian people.

That might have been relevant in 1867.

I can't think of anyone I know (and I came to know quite a few people) that would dedicate any thoughts to, much less respect and definitely don't LOVE the queen of England.

I do not believe English Monarchy really represents the will of Canadian people.

PoliticalCitizen you are totally clueless and miss the point. Canada, the political parties, and the supreme court does not have a history of listening or doing the will of the people. If that is the history why would Canada change now? Besides good luck getting the people in Canada to agree on anything. As for your hate of the Queen, you better learn to love her because you have pledged your allegiance to her. I suggest you look the word up. As it is, you have sold your soul to the devil. :o For what gain?

Well, you will be glad to know that the last Queen of England is centuries dead and that there's no English monarchy to represent the will of the Canadian people.

PoliticalCitizen you are totally clueless and miss the point. Canada, the political parties, and the supreme court does not have a history of listening or doing the will of the people. If that is the history why would Canada change now? Besides good luck getting the people in Canada to agree on anything. As for your hate of the Queen, you better learn to love her because you have pledged your allegiance to her. I suggest you look the word up. As it is, you have sold your soul to the devil. :o For what gain?

And you are totally rude as usual, but that's beside the point.

I do not hate the queen. I did swear allegiance. That was for the gain of Canadian citizenship.

My questioning of whether Canada should continue being a Monarchy does not break my oath.

I love my country :D