Ndp Showing Strength

The NDP is not set to gain any seats in atlantic canada. If we do, it's halifax west. We are also looking good in our 4 current seats, so I wouldent predict a loss. We are polling about the same now as we did last election, so things are looking good for us keeping our 4 seats

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NDP are running third in Quebec, after the Bloc and the Liberals, with 8% support.

If the NDP has a chance at any Quebec seats which seats would they be?

What about Manicouagan where the former NDP leadership candidate, Pierre Ducasse, who made such a splash at the NDP leadership convention, is running?

2000 election results

Manicouagan (BQ 1,532) 133:134

xGhislain Fournier BQ 11,597

Robert Labadie LIB 7,730

Laurette de Champlain CA 1,201

Gaby-Gabriel Robert PC 830

Normand Caplette NDP 382

But Larry Spencer was still popular in his riding, despite his controversial beliefs, but he was turfed, why not the same for Svend Robinson and Libby Davies.

What socio-economic, ethnic, or alternative lifestyle group has Svend or Libby advocated being outlawed? Did they suggest that interracial marriages be banned? Did they suggest that women's right to vote be reversed?

Gays and lesbians have the same right to have their own private intimate relationship with each other. This is recognised by law, and it is the right thing. Government has no business in regulating the private affairs of consenting adults....and it is absolutely NONE of Larry Spencer's business, nor is it any of your business.

Ian Waddell is running again in the Vancouver area. he should win for the NDP there.

2000 election results

Vancouver Kingsway (LIB 3,520)

xSophia Leung LIB 16,117

Alice Wong CA 11,075

Victor Wong NDP 5,924

Kanman Wong PC 1,805

Connie Fogal CAP 1,200

Phillip Petrik GRN 1,009

Elwyn Patterson COM 168

Donna Petersen ML 125

I had the pleasure of meeting Ian and taking a course with him in Vancouver. His is a character for sure.

He should stay retired. A cheery enough guy but I do have to say a little coo coo.

This new scandal is the best thing to ever happen to the NDP... well, the best thing since Paul Martin :P

the Liberals will begin, today, a freefall in the polls, and they will not stop till after the next election. I expect within 2 weeks the Liberals will be in second place in the polls. Harper's got the tory race rapped up now, no one is going to vote for Stronach as PM. I think they would have won if not for these scandals, as she would have had 4 years on the opposition benches to prepare, but now that the tories are likely to form government, I think Harper will be re-elected as leader.

The NDP will pick up a sh*tload of former Liberal votes. I expect we will get north of 25% of the vote, and finish ahead of the Liberals on every province west of Quebec. I think we will beat them in Nova Scotia as well.

things are fluid... lets wait an see...

this is exciting B)

man, what an exciting 18 months we've had... I'm lovin it :D

Latest poll:

Bloc 12% up 4%

CPC 26% down 7%

LIB 36% down 9%

NDP 17% up 9%

First poll after last election:

Bloc 8%

CPC* 33%

LIB 45%

NDP 8%

Interesting to note that the right, and centre right parties have both gone down, and the centre left parties have both gone up.

*combined PC & ALL

Just the facts please, just the facts. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
Layton: NDP 'nicely positioned' for election

New Democratic Party leader Jack Layton says his party is "nicely positioned" for the next federal election, a campaign Layton believes will indicate the "interesting contrast" between his party, the ruling Liberals and the rival Conservatives.

Article

Layton is lumping the two other parties together. Will this strategy work for the NDP and help limit Liberals to a minority?

NDP – 18% (up 3 points): BC – 25% (up 7 points); Alberta – 12% (up 1 point); Saskatchewan/Manitoba – 27% (up 3 points); Ontario – 19% (up 2 points); Quebec – 10% (up 4 points) and Atlantic Canada – 22% (plus 8 points). Women – 21% (up six points) are more likely than men – 15% (up 1 point) to vote for the NDP.

Article

The NDP are really on the move now. Up in every single category.

If nothing else, I hope the next election will be a little more exciting than usual. I vote at every election but at times a person really wishes for a little more excitement. We all enjoy a good battle to become the top dog and a little more life in Canadian politics might actually bring more people out to vote. More contenders and choices will at least help diversify the options available to the voting public. As for the NDP being a major contender in the next election, time will tell. I think they are more apt to being more of a pain in the arse of the other parties which will keep the parties hopping to people on side.

August1991.....in response to your green tie comment. ;)

Paul Martin has worked since November to make Canadians forget the last decade of Liberal prosperity and popularity. Canadians are nothing if not obliging: Liberal popularity is now lower than at any point since Kim Campbell was prime minister.

The Globe-CTV-Ipsos Reid poll shows the Liberals down three points nationwide since March, despite a $1-million ad campaign predicated on the lunatic assumption that Canadians would be more likely to vote for the Paul Martin Liberals if they got a chance to watch ads that feature a hunched, terrified Martin haranguing rooms full of aghast, cringing taxpayers. Conservatives are at 28%, up three points from the Alliance's 2000 total but still well short of the combined Tory-Alliance vote from that election. The NDP is at 18%, nearly double that party's 2000 level. (With the Greens at 5% — and well into double digits in the crucial battleground province of British Columbia — Jack Layton's next mission is to co-opt the Green vote by any means necessary.)

April 13, 2004